The Wanderlust

Can You Imagine?

Can you imagine?

Imagine yourself inhaling and exhaling thick, warm air as your strutting over on stage--hovering over your fans. Heart is fucking pounding like crazy. A little harder and faster than normal. Grabbing the mic-stand and gripping it tightly in both hands. You flash a crooked smile. A roar from the crowd is so loud, so much--that it's almost overwhelming.

Or.

Can your imagine yourself as a guitarist? Feeling that same warm, thick air; hearing that same roar from the crowd as you adjust the guitar strap firmly over yourself. Heart racing so fast, you just might die up here. Placing your fingers into the right frets and on the right strings--hoping that the show goes just okay, just right... without any fuck-ups.

Maybe.

Your Bass or Keys. Heading up to your area and getting this shit started. Plugging your Amp cable into the Bass guitar or turning on your keyboard. Remembering to focus on the music and the notes and not the bullshit that goes on behind the stage. No fuck ups, no problems. The drummer takes his sit, doing nice little finger tricks with his drumsticks. Sitting down behind his drum set--that reads: The Wanderlust in white bold letters on the bass drum.

The drummer claps his drumsticks together for a three count. The music starts. The Bass and Guitar players start doing what they do--the lead singer and keys player start head banging until it's their cue to join in.

Yeah. This is the adventure on stage. But no ever knows the adventure off stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Story (: