Status: Hiatus. Not for long, just till I get my head straight.

She Is Love

I've Been Beaten Down

I sat there at the breakfast bar, pissed off. It was going on eleven o'clock and Eli still wasn't home. I wondered where the hell he could be at this hour. It was especially strange because he got off from his job as an accountant at eight. He didn't even call me to let me know that he was on his way like he normally does.

It didn't help that I had made his favorite dinner. Or that I had went out and bought our favorite wine so that we could sit down and be together. No, you see, that just pissed me off more. My cellphone buzzed on the counter in front of me. I didn't even glance at the caller ID; I just assumed that it was him calling with a sorry-ass excuse as to why he wasn't home yet.

"You have five seconds to explain to me why you're not home yet. I swear by god if it's not a legitimate excuse, Eli, I'll cut off your-" I started to rant, the anger coming out.

"Doe..." a weakened voice on the other side of the phone whispered.

It took me a few minutes to register that it wasn't Eli that I was talking to. After confirming it by looking at the caller I.D, I put the phone back up to my ear. "Rhys?" Eli's sister sniffled on the other end. "Rhys? Hun, what's wrong?"

"Eli..."

My heart beat picked up. I could hear the blood in my ears. "What about Eli?"

"Eli's in the hospital, Doe. He got hit by a drunk driver. I think you need to get down here, fast," she finally managed to say.

After she said 'hospital' I was already grabbing my keys and looking for my shoes. My head was spinning with the new found information. "Which hospital?" I managed to hurry out as I put on my coat and walked out the door. I practically jogged down the steps at our condo and out into the bone-chilling cold of Pittsburgh. After she told me what hospital, I sped there like a bat out of hell. I was seriously breaking ever speed limit and driving law just to get there.

In the car, I thought back to how mad I was at Eli before I got that call. Before I got that call, I was just some accountant's furious fiance, wondering if he was cheating on me. When I got it, I turned into some accountant's fiance who was hoping with everything in her, that he would be okay.

I just wanted it to be okay.

__________________________

I scrambled into the hospital, immediately heading to the front desk. "Where's Eli Madden?" tumbled out of my lips before I even properly reached it.

The lady gave me the signal to wait before typing it into her computer. I watched as she typed so fucking slow. This chick was seriously typing with one finger on each hand. I was bouncing with nerves as she then clicked her tongue. "Sorry, typed it in wrong," she drawled, and then started over.

I was two seconds away from taking my shoe off and beating her with it when I heard my name behind me. I turned and saw Rhys on the other side of the room, sitting in a chair. Her and Eli's parents were sitting together, Mrs. Madden crying while her husband held her. I slowly walked over to them, forgetting all about the nurse at the desk. I checked out the scene before I got there, assessing the damage. Rhys' face showed that she had been crying.

Two crying women was not a good sign, but I guess that if he would've died, Mr. Madden would've cried, too. Right?

That's what I hoped as I finally made it there. "Rhys, where is he?" I didn't even recognize my own voice. I had never heard such a weak and broken voice come from my mouth.

"Doe, maybe you should sit down," she tried to coax me.

I denied. "No, Rhys, where is Eli?"

She didn't look like she wanted to be the one to break the news. She avoided eye contact with me for a few moments before I grabbed her face and made her look at me. Her eyes watered up again; she sniffed once.

"He's in a coma, Doe."

And then my world came tumbling down.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's kinda short, so I'm just gonna say it's the prologue. xD.
This is a flashback of what happened. Next chapter will be three years later.

Like it?
Keep it or no?
Tell me :].