Status: just a random story i did; hope you enjoy. (:

Opposites Always Attract

chapter three.

***
The rest of that week went by fast, too fast for Selena. Friday finally came, and she began to pack away her belongings. Nick slipped into her guest room, and wrapped his arms around her waist, kissing her neck softly. She smiled. "Your just making this harder for me, you know." She said, holding his hands.

He continued to kiss her. "Maybe, but you know you love it." He stated, smiling. She laughed and turned to face him. She touched his face and smiled sadly. "I'm going to miss you so, so much." She sighed and tried to keep it together.

He pressed his forehead up against hers and looked deep into her eyes again, not letting go of her hands. "I'm always with you, babe; always." He said, squeezing her hands gently. She nodded, a few tears rolling down her cheeks.

He helped her pack up her stuff, and he carried her stuff out by the front door. They both sat down on the front porch with their head in their hands. It was a gloomy, foggy day out today. The clouds were a dull shade of grey.

"Selena," Nick said suddenly. She turned to him and nodded. "Yeah?" He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small jewellery box. "I have something for you." He said. Tears welded into her eyes. "Nick, you didn't have to..." He stopped her. "No, I needed to." He opened up the box, and inside was a small silver banded ring.

She was confused. "It's beautiful, but what's it for?" He took it out and put it on her ring finger. "It's a promise ring." She looked up at him, and he looked back at her. "When we get older, Selena? I'm going to marry you. When your ready, when I'm ready, when we're living together; I love you." She smiled and began to cry.

She hugged him for a good three minutes. "I love you so much." She whispered through her tears. Suddenly, her ride pulled up in the stony driveway. She looked over and saw her Mom waiting in the front of the car. Nick grabbed her bags and loaded them up for her in the trunk.

He grabbed her hands and looked at her. Tears were falling down her cheeks. He looked away, chuckling. "Stop crying, your going to make me cry." She laughed a little and smiled at him. "I love you Nick. Please, please text me every night. Call me when you can." She begged him. He touched her face softly and smiled. "I love you more, and I promise I'll text you every night, every morning. I'll call." She nodded and hugged him tightly. He kissed her forehead and opened up her door for her.

She climbed in and he closed the door. They slowly backed out of the driveway, and he caught his last glimpse of her sad face, waving at him through the tinted window. He faked a smile and waved back, watching the car drive away, slowly getting smaller and smaller as they drove further and further away until he couldn't see them anymore.

He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. He couldn't believe she was already gone; they'd spent most of the summer together, and it all just came to an end so fast. He'd be going back to school, senior year, in less then a week. And she'd return to New York to finish her senior year in her boarding school.

He walked back into his quiet cottage, and flopped down on the couch.

He closed his eyes, and slowly drifted away into a deep sleep.

***