Status: Crackfic for Autum

Curse of Curves

sometimes it just feels better to give in

James Diamond, the resident playboy of the Palm Woods, didn’t believe in love at first sight…until he saw her.

He could remember that balmy afternoon in the middle of June as if it were yesterday. Sitting at the pool with his three best friends, his honey brown eyes happened to wander from the pages of his Men’s Fashion magazine to the beautiful creature sitting directly across the pool from him. Though she was so close, the calm aquamarine waters of the pool seemed like an ocean between them, exaggerating the distance between James and the lush beauty.

The voices of the boys around him were muffled; the only thing James could focus on was her. The murmurs in the background only served as distractions.

He had to pull his eyes away; he had way too much pride to let her catch him staring. James Diamond didn’t chase skirts, he made the skirts chase him. Pretending to be absorbed in his reading, he casually smoothed out his navy wifebeater, innocently calling attention to his trademark washboard abs. That girl wouldn’t be able to resist.

The Situation had nothing on James Diamond. Sure, maybe he had a ripped body, but James had the entire package: the face, the clothes, and the swagger.

He stole a quick glance at her, hoping to catch her checking him out, but it was all in vain. She hadn’t budged from her spot.

James had to admit that he was growing a little flustered, he just wasn’t used to girls not immediately throwing themselves at him. This one wanted to play games; this one was a challenge. If she wasn’t so intoxicating, and if he didn’t crave her so badly, he would’ve just brushed it off, moved on to someone new. There was just something different about this one, and the fact that she seemed to want nothing to do with him made him that much more determined to make her his own.

“What about her?” James faintly heard Carlos ask from his seat beside him. As he followed his friend’s chocolate gaze to the lady that he himself had been eyeing just moments before, James felt his heart begin to race in his chest, furiously pounding against his ribcage.

“No!” he yelped, his desperation evident in his voice. As the three other boys turned towards him, he took the moment to gather himself before lowering his voice to say, “She’s mine.”

The edge and dominance in his voice intimidated the other guys, and they quickly changed the topic to another girl by the pool. James silently scoffed to himself. It wasn’t like Carlos had a chance with a girl of that caliber anyway.

She drew him in like a siren song, and it wasn’t long before his lustful stare was transfixed on her body once again. Her perfect bone structure, her soft and delicate flesh all begged to be touched by him.

It wasn’t long before his iron will caved, and he felt his legs slowly but steadily carrying him over to her. It wasn’t long before he was right at her feet, and she was just close enough to touch.

With a flip of his shiny brunette locks, James turned on his irresistible charm. “Hi, I’m James Diamond. I don’t know if you’ve heard about me, but I’m in a band.” He paused and pulled down his shades. “We’re kinda a big deal around here.”

He got no response; she remained motionless on the lounge chair.

“So I was wondering if you’d like to go see a movie sometime or something….”

Though she remained silent, James could feel a slight softening of her features. It was almost too much for him to handle, so he reached out and brushed his fingers against the smooth bark of her trunk. The sensation was even better than he’d imagined it to be. Taking a seat beside her, his touch drifted upwards to caress her lush green leaves, his fingers tracing along the veins gently. Soon the moment was over, and James stood up, mumbling hushed promises to take her to the carnival later than night.

He wanted her to know that his love wasn’t in vain, that there was something there between them, that he felt something when they touched.

Oh yes, she would be his…
♠ ♠ ♠
James/Palm tree written for my best friend, inspired by Big Time Girlfriends.