Status: For Katie ^.^

Elevator

Elevator

“You’re on the top floor, the stairs don’t go up to it because it’s a special floor; you have to go into the elevator and put your room key in the slot.”

My eyes widened slightly at this piece of information.

“E-El-Elevator?” I gulped.

“Yeah,” the desk clerk handed me my room key.

“Um, is it possible to get another room on a lower floor?” The lady behind the desk raised an eyebrow at me before shaking her head.

“The only rooms left are on the top level. You could try another hotel…” I sighed; this was the only hotel left.

“OK, I’ll take it,” I muttered grabbing the key and walking off.

I quickly walked towards the elevators with my bag slung over my shoulder. The key stuck in my sweaty palm I put on my music to try and distract me. Stopping in front of the large metal doors I paused; despite the full hotel I was alone in the hall, I finally pushed the arrow button and it lite up.

Breath in and out. I reminded myself as my shaky knees pulled me inside. Once inside I put my key in the slot and pushed the button to the top floor; good now I’ll shut my eyes and wait to get to the top. My back found the end of the elevator and my hands wrapped so tightly around the poles they have on the sides of the elevators it hurt.

Breathe Katie, breathe nothing’s going to happen.

I felt the elevator jerk upwards and I counted in my head how long it was taking.

One, two, three-

All of a sudden the elevator jerked and stopped abruptly. I let out a squeal and my eyes shot wide open.

I seen a guy with his back faced towards me; I thought I was alone…

I pulled my head phones out and couldn’t find words to speak. I watched the guy reach down and press the call button.

“Yes?”

“Excuse me, the elevator has stopped.” I recognize his voice but from where?

“I’m truly sorry about that we will have someone fix it right away.”

“Alright thank you.” The other person hung up.

“ZAK BAGANS!” It finally hit me.

The man turned around slowly and greeted me with a smile. It was him!

“Hi.” He stuck his hand out for me to take. I stood there chewing on my bottom lip unsure if I had enough courage to let go of the bar.

Finally I peeled myself away from it and shook his hand.

“Are you alright?” He rose an eyebrow.

All I could do is shake my head.

“Are you scared of elevators?” I nodded and he chuckled.

“Um, here have a seat,” he motioned for me to sit after he sat on the elevator floor.

I slowly slid down the wall and kept my back against it.

“You can come closer, I won’t bite,” he winked and my cheeks heated up.

He chuckled at this and I scooted closer to him.

“You should think of something else.”

“I can’t,” I muttered.

He sighed before looking down and back at me.

“What’s your name?”

“Katie,” I mumbled; if I wasn’t so scared I would have been freaking out that I was with Zak Bagans.

“Hi Katie, I’m Za-“ he stopped realizing I knew who he was.

I giggled at him.

“Yay, I got you to laugh,” he smiled and I blushed again.

“So why are you scared of elevators?”

“I’m just scared they’ll stall,” I explained.

“Like this one did?” He smirked and I nodded.

“It’s alright, I’m scared of heights.” I nodded.

“I know,” I muttered so he couldn’t hear.

“I am too, and clowns, snakes, and heights; just like you,” I blushed.

I looked up to see him smiling.

“Anything else?” He chuckled.

“Needles,” he nodded.

I looked down at my watch. How much longer are we going to be in here?

“Can’t stand it with me already?” I heard Zak chuckle and I blushed again.

“I could be locked with you, for forever but just not in an elevator.” I blurted out and widened my eyes when it slipped out.

My cheeks heated a deeper shade of red as I looked up at him to see him smirking.

“Hey Katie.”

“Yeah?”

“I just noticed two things; one, I thought of a way to distract you and two, you’re really pretty.”

“R-Re-Really?” I stutter nervously.

He nodded as he leaned closer to me. My breath caught in my throat as he came closer, and closer, and closer until finally; his soft lips attached to mine and my breathing stopped.

I had no thoughts in my head as I felt electricity flow through me; I didn’t even notice the elevator start up again, didn’t notice it stop, and didn’t notice the door ding open.

“I am so sorr-“ the person stopped talking noticing us there and we pulled apart, a blush tinting my cheeks and a sneer on Zak’s face.

Probably annoyed someone interrupted us.

I grabbed my bag and Zak stood up and held his hand out to me.

“Shall we?” I took his hand and allowed him to help me up.

He walked out of the elevator with me and I have a feeling I’ll always love this metal, scary, creepy invention because of it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? For Katie, hope she cheers up now! ^.^