Status: New. Unsure of what I'm doing YAY! :)

Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys

Na Na Na (Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na)

"The future is bulletproof!
The aftermath is secondary!
It’s time to do it now and do it loud!
Killjoys, make some noise!"


"Turn that shit off," Kobra Kid said with a rather biting tone. Party poison couldn't blame him; they had been driving around for hours listening to Dr. Death Defying's broadcast; looking for a fight. They had all been a little discouraged since Victory Symptom had had to go on the run, so Party Poison had thought that playing the broadcasts would serve to cheer the Killjoys up. However, it only served to remind them that even their mentor could be put on the run and exterminated; and this implanted the idea that their resistance was futile.

Poor Kobra, he was still just a baby, after all. It was more than likely that he didn't even really remember what they were fighting for; what life was like before Better Living Industries took over and ruined the world. Monochromatic white coating everything and highlighting the more bleak parts of existence so that everyone would buy their stupid products. They offered the life experience without the hazards; well, what was life without a little danger? And that's actually what they were in for: dangerous days.

"Why do we listen to what that quack says anyway? Look how it turned out for him!"

"Victory Symptom is not a quack! He knew the risk when he showed us the broadcast; as did we all when we asked him to and then started listening. If you want out, Kobra, let me know now. I'll let you go."

"My name is not Kobra! And your name isn't Poison! Why won't you call me by my real name? Scared that the oh-so horrible BL/ind have the car bugged? And thank you, for allowing me out. I am ever so grateful. As if I could even leave if I wanted to at this point..."

"Is the sarcasm really necessary?"

"Just shut up and drive..."

Fun Ghoul sighed from the back seat and rolled his eyes as silence overtook the arguing. In the corner of his eyes, he could see Jet-Star struggling to contain his laughter. They smirked at each other; by now they understood the dynamic well.

"..hahah.." Fun Ghoul whispered.

"Hahah," Jet-Star said.

"HAHAH," Fun Ghoul shouted.

"HAHAH," Jet-Star screamed as loud as he could.

"Fuck! Okay, you win!" Fun Ghoul whined as he jutted his bottom lip out to pout. Everyone but Kobra started to laugh at the youngest member of their group's outrage at losing. For a while, the chuckling was fine, but after a few moments, Kobra's temper flared once again.

"Will you guys shut up? Fuck, you're annoying..."

"Way to be a killjoy, Kobra," Jet-Star said with a grin widespread across his face. This resulted in venomous glares from both parties in the front seat and hysterical giggles from Fun Ghoul beside him. In his opinion, Poison took the name way too seriously. He could understand Kobra's dislike of the name, he was thrust into the world without much choice. Oh well, it was time that they both sucked it up. They were stuck in a car together for the rest of their lives; they might as well get used to liking, or at least tolerating, the company that they kept.

"Don't call him that, Jet, he doesn't deserve that name," Poison spat angrily. The pair in the back seat giggled as Kobra started to throw a fit and demanded that Poison pull over right at that instant. In a vindictive response, Poison floored it and Kobra started to scream at the top of his lungs. There were no words involved, only yelps of extreme disdain.

Finally, when Kobra became annoyed enough to retaliate, he did so by starting to beat up the radio that was blasting the Killjoys broadcast. Poison slapped his younger brother's hand and re-tuned the dial, which had Kobra throwing another fit. Not to be beat out by Kobra's tantrum, Poison started to screech back at him, only acting as a catalyst to Kobra's rage.

"You can tell they're siblings..." Jet sighed as he leaned his forehead against the window. "Are we there yet?"

"It's impossible to get there when you have no fucking idea where there is, Jet!" Mikey shouted at him. Jet-Star instantly whipped around and gave him a scalding glare.

"Don't you dare bitch at me, little boy! We're fighting the good fight here! Just because you'd rather be BL/ind, don't fucking take it out on us!" Jet spat before turning to his friend for support. However, Fun Ghoul was lost deep in thought; concentrating on something. "Ghoul?" He asked quietly.

"You inconsiderate, motherfu-"

"Shut the fuck up you guys!" Fun Ghoul shouted over the chaos. Everyone turned deathly silent as they whipped around to stare at him. It was rare that he said anything aggressive, so even Kobra stopped arguing long enough to hear what was concerning their friend so much.

"Calling all Killjoys! Some BL/ind workers came and fucked our shit up on the edge of zone four! This is Victory Symptom and Adrenaline Extermination; Calling All Killjoys To Make Some Noise!"

Poison floored the gas pedal again; this time with absolutely no protest from Kobra. The boy just leaned his head against the window and watched as the desert wasteland flooded by. There was an elderly man scrounging up whatever he could at the edge of the road where it met the sand. When the car passed, the man looked up at the startling sound, and Kobra gulped at what he saw.

The man had no eyes.

As the car and the man were parallel, the man waved his wrinkled hand at them. Even though the man had absolutely no way of seeing him, Kobra knew that he was the only one being looked at through those empty sockets, and he shivered with the knowledge. When he looked around at all the other people in the car, he instantly knew that no one else had seen the man; they were all too caught up in the war to look at the casualties piling up. Kobra grabbed onto his brother's hand and looked at him with wide, terrified eyes.

"Everything is going to be okay... Mikey," Poison whispered as his brother's grip tightened. "It's just like any other time."

Except now the devil has looked me in the eyes with the ones he lacks, Mikey thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, any and all feedback would be appreciated. Fans or Critics?