Status: Completed

Breaking Their Hold

Not Myself Tonight

I stared at my reflection. My blond hair was in a high ponytail; my eyes were lined with black eyeliner. I was dressed in the only pair of black jeans I owned and a pale pink tube top, which showed off my flat stomach and pierced navel. I was standing in the front hallway, in front of the full-length mirror beside the front door, keys and cell phone in my right hand. I had made it this far without thinking much. But now I was thinking, way too much, and I couldn't bring myself to walk out the door.

What exactly had my plan been? Had I actually been going to go to Huntsville for a group of guys I didn't know? And what would I have done when I got there? It was obvious they hated the popular kids as much as, if not more than, the popular kids hated people like them. Approaching them was out of the question. I was a popular girl. I hung out with—and dated—other popular kids. I didn't chase after freaks.

I climbed the stairs. I was going to put on my pajamas, watch some television, and forget about the new kids.

Then, my cell phone rang. I glanced down and saw Tyler's name on the caller I.D. He was calling to ask me about Friday night. I froze, feeling panicked and trapped. I didn't want to date Tyler. In fact, I didn't want to date any of the popular guys at Danville. I didn't want to have to fit in to the cheerleading stereotype.

I didn't allow myself to hesitate as I dashed back down the stairs and out the front door.

An hour and a half later, I directed my car into an empty parking space in the small parking area of The Pit. I looked up at the two-story building. It had once been an old abandoned warehouse, and it hadn't lost the creepiness that went with abandoned buildings. The sign on the front of the club only added to the eeriness. It read "The Pit" in red neon and bathed the building and the parking area in a blood red glow.

I hopped out of my car, my stomach knotted with nerves. I wasn't sure why I was so nervous. I'd been to clubs before. In fact, my friends and I had been to Club Red almost every weekend since we'd all turned eighteen. But Club Red wasn't like The Pit. The people were different.

That was what was making me nervous, I admitted to myself as I joined the line waiting to get inside. Being around all these people who were different than me. I was the outcast here, and I didn't like it.

I showed the bouncer my I.D. He gave me a funny look before letting me in. I walked in. The club was dimly lit, so no one really noticed me. That made me feel better.

I weaved through the black-clad crowd, searching for the new guys who had inexplicably captured my interest. I found them at the pool tables, surrounded by people. I stayed out of sight and watched. Several girls flirted with them and everyone around them was talking and laughing. It was like watching the jocks at school.

"Hey, Doll," a voice said right next to me.

I turned and saw a guy carrying drinks. He had gray eyes, blue hair, and an eyebrow ring. "I've never seen you in here before. What's your name?"

"Jordan," I replied.

"I'm Adam." His eyes flicked to the drinks he held. "I've gotta get these to my friends." He indicated the large group gathered at the pool tables. "Why don't you join us?"

"No," I said quickly. "I was just leaving." I rushed away before he could speak again.

I kept moving until I found myself at the bar. The bartender shot me a look identical to the one I'd received from the bouncer. I glared at him. He looked away, grinning in an amused way. I decided it was time to go.

I took a step in the direction of the exit and stopped short. Matt was at the far end of the bar, between me and my escape. Not wanting him to see me, I shoved into the crowd. To reach the exit, I was going to have to pass the pool tables again.

My eyes landed on Brian. His arms were around a slim brunette and he was leaning close to her. I suddenly couldn't make my legs work. Brian closed the distance between himself and the girl. Their lips touched and he raised his eyes.

His dark gaze shocked through me like lightning. I felt like a bird hypnotized by the deadly stare of a cobra.

He tightened his hold on the girl and deepened the kiss, a taunting gleam in his eyes. Jealousy flooded my veins. I forced myself to move.

I stalked out of the club, bumping into someone on the way. I drove home, trying to ignore the emotions swirling around inside of me.

I was quiet as I ascended the stairs and tiptoed to my bedroom. Yawning, I stripped and crawled into bed. I took the time to check my cell phone. Tyler had called four more times and left two messages. I erased the messages without listening to them. After putting my cell on its charger, I switched off the lamp on my bedside table. I was asleep within minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to all who read and subscribed! Already four subscribers! XD

So...I guess Jordan sees the fascination with those five guys that a lot of us see. LoL. Who can see themselves doing exactly what she did? Haha!

Read, subscribe, and comment, please! You know you're curious about what will come next....