Status: New Kennedy Story!

Lies, Ties and Love.

Arizona bound

"Kennedy. How uh... have you been?" LA was nervous. Hearing his voicing was very calming though.

"Fine. You?" Kennedy said but he didn't sound concerned.

"Fine." LA said slowly. Basically it was silent for a few moments until he brought the main reason of why he wanted to talk to her.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He said sitting down on one of the steps.

"You were going to tour and you were going to record and I didn't want to ruin everything." LA said trying to stop her tears. Drake moved closer but she moved away just wanting to talk to Kennedy in private.

"Laine, It was harder to know this way! He is 4 years old and He doesn't even know I exist."

"He does..."

"He knows I exist but I don't think he'll believe it for long!"

"I'm sorry." LA said because she didn't know what else to say.

Kennedy froze. 'Sorry' She thinks it could fix all of this with a Sorry? LA started sobbing and Kennedy heard it, He felt bad. He never liked it when LA cried. He sighed.

"I'm sorry for yelling. Just... when are you bringing him over? When are you leaving? Where are you going?" Kennedy said to her.

"Uh... Is it okay if I drop him off on Saturday? In your parent’s house?" LA said wiping her tears.

"It's fine. When are you leaving though?" Kennedy said and ran a hand through his hair.

"On Sunday. I'm going to Italy." LA said; Okay, she was going to Italy for a week but after that she’ll be back in Colorado with Drake planning the wedding. It was Drake's idea to give him to Kenny for 4 months. LA knew she won't be able to handle it without her child but... Kennedy and James had a right to know each other.

"Italy?"

"I have to attend some fashion shows and conventions to write about."

"So you continued with Journalism?"

"Yep." LA felt relieved that it was like they were friends again.

"I have to go." Kennedy said but he really didn't have to. It was just... awkward.

"Oh... Ok. Uh. Saturday."

"Yeah okay. Still know where my parent's house is?"

"Of course." LA said with a smile. She spent so many nights there; she practically lived there. "Bye Kenny."

"Thanks for the guitar by the way. Bye Laine." Kennedy said. He hung up before LA could.

Laine smiled. She had actually talked to Kenny in a civilized way. Laine was hoping and praying she and Kenny could become friends again... but knowing Kenny, if He finds out that LA is getting married friendship will never exist between them.

Saturday; Arizona

"Well, we’re here." Drake said waking LA up.

"Why did we decide to drive again?"

"It was fun." Drake said and kissed his fiancée. "Directions to Kennedy's house?"

"Oh right." She typed the address on the Navigator and Drake just followed It was around 3pm in Arizona and LA forgot how hot it was here. She looked out the window, remembering everything that happened. Tempe was a small town.

"We're here." LA said. She saw John's old truck and Garrett's yellow car. Jared and Pat lived about 4 blocks away from Kenny's house. LA stepped out feeling the Arizona heat. Drake turned off the car and tried waking James up. James woke up, rubbing his eyes. LA held his hand and Drake got James’s stuff out of the trunk.

"We're here baby. Ready to meet daddy?"

James nodded. It was weird for LA to knock because she used to just walk in. It was a few moments later when Mrs. Brock opened the door.

"LA Honey! I have missed you! Is this James?" Mrs. Brock said bending down to see James.

"Hi James. I'm your grandma."

James nodded and smiled.

"They're in the basement as usual. You go ahead, I'll go set up snacks for all of you." Mrs. Brock said with a smile.

"Uh... Mrs. Brock... can you uh... tell my... tell the guy that knocks to just wait for me here? If it's fine?" LA said before walking down the steps.

"Is he uh..."

"Fiancée? Uhh yes. Did you tell Kenny?"

"No. It's your secret anyway." Mrs. Brock said. LA smiled and hugged her. She was like her second mom and everything about her was nice.

"Sure thing honey." Mrs. Brock said and hugged LA back.

She turned to James who was waiting quietly and took hold of his had. She walked down the steps to the basement where she stayed most of the time. She didn't bother knocking because she was sure the boys wouldn't hear her. But she was wrong. The boys were waiting quietly sitting on the couches and holding on to their phones.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really don't know how a navigator works.
Sorry for the late update. and I'm sorry it's short.
I WILL PROMISE MORE UPDATES BECAUSE I HAVE LOTS OF FREE TIME THIS NEXT 2 MONTHS!