Status: New Kennedy Story!

Lies, Ties and Love.

young and dumb

It has been about three weeks now since James has met his dad. For the past three weeks, LA would call Kennedy everyday to "check up" on James, but the truth is, She wants to hear Kennedy's voice. It's been too long. She didn't really realize she missed him that much, It was wrong... seeing as she is about to get married. but she couldn't help her emotions.

In those three weeks, Kennedy grew up a little more. He actually learned how to be a father, and is still learning. He turned down three parties to spend more time with James one party was John's, He was sad at first and he ignored Kennedy but he got over it eventually. He couldn't stay away from James, well, that's what he said. The guys have been great uncles, teaching James all kinds of stuff and entertaining him. The favorite part of Kennedy is the time of the day when LA calls. He misses her. His best friends know he misses her so much. He doesn't admit it to his friends, but he admitted it to himself. He misses her.

Today, Kennedy decided to teach James how to play soccer with the help of none other than, Stephen James Gomez.

"Where we going dad?" James asked when Kennedy helped him get strapped in the seat.

"You'll meet one of my best friends." Kennedy said with a smile. Stephen was of course still his best friend. They don't see each other often, seeing as they are both in bands but luckily they all have 3 month vacations.

"Another best friend?" James asked. He was amazed at how many uncles he had.

"Yep." Kennedy nodded and started driving. He drove to the park when Stephen and Him used to practice starting the age of seven, where they met. Stephen was already there wearing a v neck and some shorts.

"What's up Ken? Is this the James?" Stephen said and bent down to see James. James smiled and nodded his head.

"I'm also, James do you know that? Anyway, I'm Uncle Stephen. but Honestly, you could call me Stephen if you want to." Stephen said with a smile. James nodded again and Stephen put his fist out so James could fist bump it.

"Wow Ken. He looks just like you. Except for the eyes." Stephen said patting Kennedy's shoulder. "So, how's the life of a single parent?"

"It's okay I guess. I mean, being a dad is great. It's just..."

"I know you miss her. I never really told you that from the day you two met, I just know you'd miss her when she left. You didn't have to tell me Ken." Stephen said. Times like these, Kennedy missed having Stephen around most of the time.

"So, should we start teaching this kid of yours or what?" Stephen said with a smile.

After about 2 hours of teaching James how to play Kennedy's most loved sport, they got tired.

"Wanna go have lunch with us Stephen?" Kennedy asked when he was about to stand up.

"Sure, why not?" Stephen smirked.

During lunch, two sweaty hungry men and a sweaty boy were pigging out. This is what Kennedy and Stephen loved after practicing for soccer; Their appetites. They ate until their hearts content.

"Nice catching up with you Ken and Nice meeting you, J." Stephen said once we had exited the restaurant.

"See you soon, Gomez." Kennedy smiled and walked to his car.

"Dad, can we play tomorrow?" James looked up at his father.

"Sure. We should drag Garrett out." Kennedy laughed to himself, knowing Garrett wouldn't want to leave the confines of his room that much on a three month vacation. He'll thank me, eventually.

Kennedy and James drove to John's house. Kennedy, in the past week has been trying to make James listen to music that he likes. It's been working out well, seeing as James loves Ryan Adam's Answering Bell. Garrett's been a big influence on music too.

Once Kennedy helped James out of his seat, he ran to the front door ringing the doorbell. Shane, John's youngest brother opened the door, greeting both Kennedy and James with a smile.

"How you been Shane?" Kennedy asked when James decided to go look for John.

"Been great. How about you?" Shane said with a smirk as He and Kennedy entered the kitchen. He grabbed two bottles of water and passed one to Kennedy.

"Thanks. I've been great. I'm trying to convince my mom to let me move back to my house with James. I could always move James' stuff to my house." Kennedy said with a shrug as he sat on one of the counter chairs.

"Is James staying for good?" Shane asked sitting across Kennedy.

"I don't know yet. I haven't even talked to LA about the arrangements or whatever. I hope she moves back to Arizona though." Kennedy taking a drink from his bottle.

"You know... I remember LA spending nights with you here. You know, when My parents were out and John would throw a party and You and Her would end up staying here to take care of my brother and you guys would sleep in the backyard by the po-"

"Yeah. I remember." Kennedy said cutting Shane off. The first time they spent a night in John was the first time Kennedy told LA he loved her and He wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

"Sorry. Did I refresh a memory?" Shane said.

"No. It's totally fine. How are you and Mandy?" Kennedy asked trying to avoid certain memories. He hated, and loved.

Shane's phone started ringing and he smiled. "I'll see you later Ken." Shane said scrambling to his feet and walking out of the kitchen. Kennedy sighed and smiled at the thought of sixteen year old love.

John stepped in carrying James at his back and looking weirdly at his best friend.

"Why are you smiling? Where's Shane?" John asked whe he put James down on a seat where Shane was.

"Got a call from his girlfriend and left." Kennedy said taking another drink from his water bottle.

"Young love. So sweet and so innocent." John said with a mocking tone. He made James a sandwich and grabbed Capri Sun for him.

"What do you say?" John said before handing James his meal.

"Thank you Uncle John."

"You're welcome J." John said and gave the kid his meal.

"Don't tell me you're missing the young love stage Ken. I'm not the person to talk about these shit. Garrett! or Jared! yeah Jared, he's the one who has a girlfriend." John said making gestures.

Kennedy shook his head and laughed at John. "I just remembered how fun it was with LA around." Kennedy said sighing.

"She had to leave. Well, She wanted to. We couldn't really stop her." John shrugged. "Want some grilled cheese?" John asked before hopping off the stool. Kennedy just nodded and every memory he had ever shared with LA came back. Bad and Good.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY! LOOK WHO UPDATED!
sorry if it's badly written. i just didn't know what to write really.