‹ Prequel: Jasey Rae
Status: hiatus.

Into Your Arms

SEVEN

Jasey yawned loudly as she unlocked the door to her hotel room, the smell of Destery's cologne immediately taking up the space in her nostrils, causing her to smile softly. Axe. She always loved that smell; it was so addicting.

Jasey was very aware of the four boys behind her, her skin on fire when someone had put his hand on the small of her back to lead her into the hotel room. Jasey couldn't tell whom, but she had a good assumption that it wasn't Alex or Jack. She set her hotel key on the counter where the television was set on, and turned around to meet the gazes of the four boys. She wrapped her arm around her stomach subconsciously. They were all staring at her, still not believing that she was actually in front of them. This girl had left them only a few months ago, but she had such an impact on their lives. "U-Uh, listen, I can't exactly stay up too late or anything. I've got an early flight tomorrow because we've got the parade at home in a few days. You can crash here, though, if you'd like."

"Where are your mom and brother?" Jack asked, raising his dark bushy eyebrow. The hotel room had looked like only Jasey was living there, not the three of them. Hadn't they come and stayed with her in the most important time of her career to cheer her on and tell her that they were proud of her?

Jasey scowled at the mention of her family, something the four boys noticed immediately. Something had definitely happened. "Mom and Jake couldn't make it down here. Mother couldn't seem to neither take time off from her precious job nor allow Jake to fly down on his own, so they didn't come."

"They didn't… they didn't come?" Rian asked, completely shocked. Even if his job were on the line, he himself would have gone to see his own daughter or son play in the World Series. It was just law, it seemed to him, as a parent to go and support your child, no matter what. 

Jasey shook her head, walking over to the phone and sitting on the bed. She took Rian's question as rhetorical, wanting to avoid that subject at all costs. "You guys hungry? I'm starving."

After calling for room service and ignoring the boys' promises of them paying, Jasey found herself sitting in her hotel room alone with the four boys of All Time Low with nothing to talk about. Well, rather, she had a shit load of things to say, especially to two certain members of the band, but she couldn't bring herself to say those thoughts out loud. Why ruin a perfectly good evening? She had just won the World Series of 2005, why would she destroy it by fighting and screaming back and forth with her friends?

"Jasey, we're really proud of you," Zack suddenly blurted out after five minutes of silence, caused the people around him to jump in slight fear. He blush softly from embarrassment, but didn't take back what he said. He knew it was true, whether they admitted it or not; Alex, Jack, Rian, and Zack were so immensely proud of Jasey. She had come such a far way from when she had arrived at Maryland. She wasn't some goofy kid with her heart on her sleeve and a hidden life anymore.

Jasey smiled gently, knowing she was going to hear that a lot soon. But she didn't care. This would be the first time in years someone said they were proud of her and actually meant it. And to hear it from Zack was the most touching. "Thank you."

"We are, Jase. You've really come such a long way since Maryland," Rian agreed, nodding his head. "Who knew little ol' scrawny you would turn out to pitch in the World Series?"

Jasey laughed, shrugging. "No one knew. Though we all had our suspicions. This was a damn good season. Too bad the same players won't be on the team next season."

"They already know who they're going to trade?" Zack asked, shocked. Usually teams didn't know until much later.

Jasey nodded, confirming his question. "Yeah. I overheard Ozzie talking about it. We're going to lose some damn good players, unfortunately. But I can't tell you who; strict rules and all," Jasey said, waving off the subject. She herself wasn't supposed to hear it, let alone outsiders. Though, having the four of them know wouldn't be such a big deal; it wasn't like they were going to shout it out to the world. "Anyways, thanks. It means a lot to me." When Jasey sniffled, she squished her eyebrows together in disgust. She reeked with sweat. She couldn't believe the boys hadn't died from suffocation. 

"Fuck, I smell awful. Why didn't you tell me? I could have saved you from suffocation!" Jasey stood and walked over to her purple suitcase that was cluttered with clothes that had been carelessly thrown in because she was always simply too lazy to fold them and neatly put them away. She pulled off her highlighter yellow shirt, not caring if the boys had seen her in her bra; it was just like them seeing her in a bikini top, no different. 

"I'm going to take a real quick shower, if you'll excuse me. If the food comes, just tip the guy and I'll pay you back when I get out. I'll only be a few minutes," she said, yawning loudly once again before she walked in the bathroom without another word. To be honest, she only wanted to get into the shower so badly was because just in the next room, was the two boys she had fallen in love with, and was betrayed by one she thought loved her back. And they were here, in her own hotel room.

Nobody was yelling, or screaming, or crying, or saying hurtful things to each other like she had imagined. It was all so...civilized. She had seen these people only a few months ago, but it felt like old friends reuniting at a fifty-year reunion. Where was the blood? The sweat? The tears? This wasn't normal.

When Jasey hopped in the shower, she took her time cleaning the sweat and dirt off her, letting her mind slip back to the times when she had resided in Maryland. But a specific memory stood out among the rest, eating away at her insides when she pondered over it. It was the day she left; the day after her entire world had been turned upside down. But what was bothering her wasn't Jack, nor Rian, nor Zack, but Alex. How he wasn't there to at least nod at her as a goodbye. Surely she had deserved that, right? Even if he had stood fifty feet away from her, it still would have been better than not showing up at all.

Because maybe if he had shown up, it would have meant he cared for her just a little bit. But she'd never be able to find out; and she couldn't decide whether that was good or bad.

Jasey knew she couldn't keep them waiting any longer, so she stopped the water and started drying herself off. She had to face them, sooner or later. Besides, she hadn't seen them in months. She wanted her best friends back.

"So, how'd the tour life go? Did you guys have fun?" Jasey asked, walking out the bathroom after she had just dried her hair, for she couldn't stand a wet head too long. She sat on the bed Rian and Zack were situated on, and took her food with her, thoroughly enjoying the late night meal.

"Yeah, it was so amazing! We wish you coulda been there!" Jack smiled widely, nodding quickly. "How was the season for you?"

"Great! Although, I'm glad it's over. Now I can get a break," Jasey smiled, stuffing a forkful of her dinner. "And the best part? I can eat whatever the fuck I want now and not have to worry." The boys laughed and they continued to eat. "And I get to go home to Rambo."

"Rambo! I forgot about him," Zack said happily, and the others nodded in agreement.

"How is the little pup?" Jack asked. He really loved Rambo and missed him dearly.

"He's awesome. He's gotten really big lately, almost full grown," the girl answered after swallowing her food. "He should be done growing some time next month."

The room fell silent as the five ate, not really knowing what to say next. One wrong topic could ruin the whole night; and they each knew that from personal experience.

"S-So, uh, what're your plans now?" Jasey asked awkwardly, not wanting to have the attention all on her. "F-For the band, I mean."

"We're actually gonna headline our first tour!" Jack said excitedly, and Jasey gasped happily. 

"Oh my gosh! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys!" She said, side hugging Rian and Zack. She'd hug the other two later on in the night. "Really; I'm so proud of you guys. You really deserve this."

"Thanks, Chicago," a voice said, one that hadn't spoken all night. 

Jasey's eyes shot over to the boy sitting next to Jack, their gazes locking for the first time in long while. Jasey signed softly; his eyes were still as captivating as the first time she looked in them. And that voice; soft and smooth and just like honey. And he had called her by her old nickname. He still remembered it.

"No problem, Lexi," she said quietly back, causing him to smile a true Alex Gaskarth smile, one she had fallen in love with over and over; one she hadn't seen in so many months.

The three around them watched the magic happen between the two, even if one of them didn't like it as much as the other two. Surely Alex and Jasey were going to be friends again. They had to; the looks they give each other were just like the ones they shared back in Maryland. Was there still hope? Well, only Jasey and Alex knew that. 

"W-Well, let's watch a movie, okay?" Jasey stammered, turning her attention to the television. One more stare like that and she would do something she'd regret. She just couldn't decide whether it'd turn out horribly wrong or completely right.

They eventually picked Mean Girls, a favorite of all theirs, and Jasey brought herself back to a time when she was living in Maryland. 

It was during one of the days Alex had invited her over to his house. They were dating at the time, completely in love without even noticing it. It was a rainy night, one of many. Thunder was louder than a running motorcycle, and lightning was brighter than the sun it seemed, the raindrops like little bullets pelting whoever was crazy enough to walk through it. But it was the perfect night for the in-love couple. They got a few large blankets and snuggled under them on the love seat, hot chocolate warm in their cool hands. And they were watching their favorite movies.

Mean Girls had been playing, the part where Cady hosts the great house party without inviting her real friends. Jasey and Alex set their now empty mugs on the table in front of them, grabbing each other's hands and entwining as close as they could, small smiles on their lips. Cady and Aaron started kissing, and it was then when Alex looked over at his stunning girlfriend, only to find that she was looking at him as well. His lips found hers after a few seconds, soft and delicate and nothing but love radiating through it.

And then the power went out.

Jasey and Alex jumped, looking around and seeing that it was pitch black, the only light being the few half-second flashes of lightning. Alex cursed under his breath, looking back in the direction of his girlfriend. He could barely see her, only her outline. "You're not afraid of the dark, are you?" he chuckled softly, hearing her laugh gently.

"Not if you're here with me," she whispered back, and Alex felt his heart skip a few beats. God, she was so amazing to him. 

Alex took in a shaky breath and reached out, finding the girl's right ear. He put a lock of hair behind her ear, cupping her cheek afterwards. And he kissed her. Soft and slow and full of love. Their other four senses were on an all time high right then, and it made it all the more magical for them. Jasey's breath had hitched in her throat, kissing the boy back with just as much love as he was giving, maybe even more, she didn't know. All she cared about was his touch and kiss and hitchings of his breath and his deep sighs of pleasure.

"God, Jasey, I love you. I love you so fucking much," Alex breathed out, his hands cupping her neck. He couldn't seem to sit still. He kissed her over and over, repeating the words in between, feeling that if he didn't say it, she'd never believe it.

Jasey smiled widely, her eyes shining brightly. Her stomach seemed to do a back flip. She loved hearing him say that. Absolutely loved it. "I love you, too, Alex."

That night was one of her favorite memories with Alex. And sitting there, a year later, she couldn't help but notice how different everything was now. Here they all were, sitting in a hotel room, on separate beds, silently watching a movie because they couldn't come up with anything to say. A year ago, they'd have too many things to say. And now… What happened?

She discretely looked over at her former boyfriend, her blood freezing when she noticed Alex had been staring at her as well. Was he remembering? Was he thinking back to that glorious night they spent together? Jasey didn't know. And she figured she probably never would. Things had changed. They had changed.

And she knew nothing would ever be like it used to be. They wouldn't be able to talk to each other without remembering what had happened; or talk without an awkward air to it. They'd probably only ever be able to make small talk from now on. The five of them would never be able to just hang out like they used to, for they all had lives to live now and dreams to chase. The boys would be off touring the world and winning teenagers with their music and dashing smiles and looks. And Jasey would be traveling the country to win baseball games and make history. 

They all won't have time to be friends anymore.

-

Jasey blinked to get her eyes used to the darkness of the night. The television had been turned off a while ago, and everyone had fallen asleep during the second movie. Jasey was the only one up, her thoughts of the boys sleeping around her. Just on the other bed were the two boys who she fallen in love with, one breaking her heart and one who she broke the heart of. 

Jasey sat up, doing her best not to disturb the drummer and bassist on either side of her, and got off the bed to grab her hotel key and silently walk out the room. She walked up to the roof, something she often did at most hotels to escape all the pressure and fame, and made sure to put a stopper in the door so she wasn't locked out. That would be a disaster.

She lay down on the ground, staring up at the blank, black sky. There were too many lights on in the city, so only the brightest of stars made it out tonight. That's one thing Jasey hated about traveling in big cities: No stars. It seemed, as cheesy as it sounded to her, like stars were the only things that listened to her. Sure, she was able to talk to her team, and Destery, but there were just some things she'd never be able to talk to either of them about. And she'd never talk to her mother or brother about certain things. She was always so embarrassed.

"Still coming out on rooftops, are we, Jase?"

Jasey's blood froze, her eyes darting over towards the sudden voice that had broken the silence. She thought it was a killer or a rapist at first, but she calmed down once she realized it was only Alex. Alex. Her heart skipped another beat. She forced herself to look back up at the stars, and heard Alex lying down next to her. "Always a way to clear my mind, you know."

"I always found you out on rooftops," the boy agreed, folding his hands behind his head so the hard concrete wasn't scratching at his head. "Often, it seems, now that I think about it."

"I had a lot of drama those few months," Jasey said half-heartedly, and Alex stayed quiet. He knew she was thinking back to all the drama they had together. But to him, it was all worth it. All the drama got her in the end. Well, until the last day. That was a-whole-nother story. "Drama I was trying to stay away from."

"You honestly thought going to high school wouldn't cause some type of drama?" Alex's eyebrows disappeared behind his fringe, and he turned his head a little to get a better look at the black-haired girl. High school was the epitome of drama, everyone knew that.

She merely smiled a small smile in agreement. "Oh, trust me, I knew there would be drama. Just thought I could have stayed away from it a little longer."

Alex chuckled softly, remembering the first day he even saw Jasey, who was Hayley at the time. He thought back to how he had endlessly flirted with her and tried to get her to be his girlfriend. Who knew he would fall in love with her in the end, and she him? He certainly didn't plan that. "I guess that's my fault, huh?" He looked back up at the sky, seeing a bright star right above them.

Jasey shrugged. She didn't mind the drama. In fact, she liked it all. She hadn't had that much fun or fallen in love with friends in her whole life. She made friends she knew she'd keep for the rest of her life. The drama was worth it. "Doesn't matter who started it. Just… the way it ended, I guess."

"Which is also my fault," Alex admitted softly, and Jasey couldn't deny that. He was the one who broke her heart after all. "Still," Alex said, sighing deeply. "Senior year was great."

"Do you wish it could have been different? That if I hadn't gone to that school—"

"No," Alex said quickly, and they both looked at each other. Jasey raised her eyebrows in slight shock. She figured he would have said yes. It would have all made so many things so much easier. "I- I never would change it. That was the best few months of my life. I'd repeat it a thousand times over again if I could."

Jasey didn't reply. She didn't know what to say, to be honest. She couldn't believe it. Here she was, talking to the boy she gave her whole life to, and he had just thrown it away. But there they were, having a heart to heart like old friends catching up. "You wouldn't change any of it?" she asked softly, thinking of the day it seemed her whole life ended.

Alex was about to say, no, he wouldn't change it, but then he remembered what she was thinking. He thanked God he didn't say no. Of course he would change it. He'd change the entire ending if he could. He'd pay all the money in the world to go back in time and change what happened between them. "I think you know what I'd change," he whispered softly. "I'd change it in a heartbeat if I could."

"You wouldn't have to, if- if…" she trailed off, letting her voice fade. She knew she didn't need to finish. Alex knew what she was saying. They both knew their what ifs.

Moments passed. The only sound was the two's breathing and the few slamming of car doors. It seemed like the whole world was asleep, with Jasey and Alex being the only two awake. It felt like they were the only two still alive. But they were too wrapped in their thoughts to even notice.

Alex thought back to the fight he had with Jack, the one he had right before he made the worst mistake of his life. How Jack had been screaming at him about how much Alex was being such an asshole to Jasey because he was ignoring her. He thought back to how Jack accused him of a fake relationship and only wanted one thing from the girl. He thought how he saw Jasey's heartbroken face and her tears. God, her tears. Alex hated when Jasey cried. He thought back to how he confirmed Jack's accusations, lying to the love of his life that it was all fake the whole relationship; how he cried shamefully for weeks because he knew he'd never get the girl back in his arms.

Jasey thought back to pretty much all the memories she had with Alex. The first day of high school, the endless flirting, the party. Dear Lord, the party. She honestly thought that was the end to their nonexistent relationship. They had been so close to going out, and Jasey really screwed it up, kissing Sam Foster and having Alex see them. She thought back to how she thought all her chances with Alex were gone. But it all worked out, because they got together. They fell in love beautifully; rocky, but beautifully. They were terribly in love, knowing they were going to marry each other one day. But it all went downhill after they shared an intimate night neither of them would ever regret nor forget.

"You know, they say the first, brightest star you see and make a wish on it, it'll come true," said Alex gently, already had made his wish. Normalcy, he had wished. For everything to go back to normal.

"Starlight, star bright, first star I see tonight; I wish I may, I wish I might, have the wish I wish tonight," Jasey recited softly, smiling softly. She used to wish upon a star nearly every night. Her father. That's all she had ever wished for. For her dad to come home and accept her. That stopped the day she knew he was never going to come home to save the day. Normalcy, she wished. Just for everything to go back to the way it was.

"Do you think we'll ever make it?" Alex asked softly, bumping his foot with the girl's light-heartedly. He really, really just wanted to be friends at the least. Even if it meant watching her fall in love with another boy. He just wanted her back in his life.

Jasey sighed, letting out a breath through her puffed cheeks. Would they? Would they ever go back to the way it was before everything happened. "I'm sure, if it's right."
♠ ♠ ♠
shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit.

I'm so fucking sorry. XD ahaha. I had SERIOUS writer's block! And like, then I got bored with the story, but I've got some ideas, and so, yeah. The next few weeks I'll be a little busy. It's my last week of summer school (yay!), I have a family reunion one day, I get my two bottom wisdom teeth pulled out (ick) and then I go on vacation for a week. BUT, i WILL be writing during all of that, I promise you! So don't give up!

Five comments please! Although, more would be nice. There's over 70 of you, you'd think there'd be more. But oh well, I love silent readers just as much!

okay, if you guys have any questions or just want to talk, I'm here. (:
here's my tumblr if you maybe wanna follow me and talk to me? (:

anyways, bye (:
xx.
marley.