My Chemical Rammance

Paul's Predicament

The trailer was hot, humid, and all around totally and utterly uncomfortable. All were having forty winks of rest. Mikey and Ray lie right next to one another. Till and Flake sat inches away from one another in a restless sleep. Christoph and Paul were simply locked in a hug of a life time, and dead to the world. But Gerard… Gerard was by himself at the back of the trailer. It was around 5:03am when he realized that he was unaided.
His eyes adjusted to the sun rather promptly and he turned over ready to give Frank a huge hug – but to his revelation, Frank wasn’t there. Gerard got up, and his heart fluttered in fear. “Frank?” whispered Gerard, his eyes searching the trailer for any sign of him. “Frankie…?”
Punch.
“Ow…” Gerard looked up to see a rather livid Bob standing before him. “What was that for?” whined Gerard, his eyes filled with pain.
“Calling for your Princess Frankie,” teased Bob. Gerard’s eyes filled with tears. “Where’s Frankie?”
“How the hell should I know?!” griped Bob.

Gerard just felt his heart sink… it was the first time that Frankie had actually not slept beside him. Suddenly, Gerard felt a cold feeling embrace his entirety.
*
Gerard stood at the front of the bus and pressed his face against the windows. "I gotta find Frankie," he whispered. Everyone else was still in a deep sleep, besides Bob. Ray had pushed Mikey out of the seat, who was now strewn on the cold floor. Mikey wiggled around as if he were swimming. "Watch dem fish. Go on, they just fish. Watch 'em," Mikey urged in a deep slumber. Gerard turned and gave him a weird look. He continued looking out the window when Mikey started talking again.

"Watch da fish! Gary, what would you do if I burned you? Huh? Wanna die?" Mikey asked groggily. His expression changed and he held his hands up as if to surrender. Fear crossed his features suddenly. "Whoa there, Gary. What the hell are you going to do with 20 slices of pizza? Okay, stop...don't come any closer."

Gerard found it amusing, but he was tired of listening to him talk. Ray squirmed around in the bus seat as if he were having a nightmare. "Stop motherfucker, ranch sauce, bitch, cock," Ray said incoherently. Gerard narrowed his eyes. They were saying stupid stuff before, but that was just retarded. Ray twisted in turmoil. "Watch out for that biscuit! N-NOOOOOOOOO!"

Flake was positioned at an odd angle as he slept. "Kill her.....do it," he mumbled.

"I want to be the flower girl," Till whispered sadly. Gerard found that one a bit amusing, but kept his laugh in. He didn't want to wake them. The sayings were getting funnier. He had to get off now if he wanted to find Frank. He slowly opened the door and began to step out when their manager said, "We can blame all of our problems on martial arts, that's right, all of them. It's the reason the monkeys are running to Mexico." Gerard couldn't help himself. He laughed until his ribs became sore and tears streamed down his eyes. When he finished laughing and looked back around, everyone was staring at him.

"Oh...um......I.....I just remembered a really funny joke," Gerard lied. Christoph opened his mouth to say something when strong beams of light poured through the back windows. "ALIENS! We're being abducted! Duck and cover," Ray squealed. Paul stared at the lights and said, "No no! It's not aliens, it's a truck! C'mon. We have to get him to stop. He may be able to help us with our car troubles." Everyone stepped out of the bus and tried to wave the truck down. It didn't stop. The group ran further to keep up with it.

"STOP! STOP! HELP! Why won't you stop, confound you! Pull over," Flake shouted. They all waved their hands, but wouldn't stop. The man in the truck laughed at them and spit a wad of tobacco out the window. He looked in his side mirror and saw Paul standing with Christoph. The truck immediately stopped. Everyone stared at it.

"YEAH!" Everyone shouted. They did their quick victory dances and ran up to the truck. The man opened the car door and eyed them. "Looks like......yer bus broke. Need some help?"

"YES! We don't have any idea how to fix it. Could you help?" Gerard asked hopefully. The man tipped his hat at them and smiled. Paul hid behind Christoph and Gerard. "I'm......gonna needa strong feller ta help me out," the man said. He grinned at Paul and said, "how 'bout you, boy?" Paul's heart stopped. "NO WAY! I'm not strong! Just look at me? I've got the bone structure of a newborn! Why don't you have Till do it! He's the biggest one here! Or this Bob fellow. He looks like a nice, strong young man," he stammered. He leaned over to both Christoph and Gerard and whispered, "He scares me. Don't let him try anything."

The man shrugged his shoulders and said, "Wellp.....I need someone agile....someone who can get in those hard to reach places and tweak the right gear." Paul was starting to get angry at the stubborn man.

"Flake is ten times skinnier than I'll ever be! Make him do it," Paul howled. Flake looked at Paul and then at the man. He looked back at the man....and then at Paul.....he glanced at the man once more and said, "Yeah. I'd rather not." The man was rather robust with a stubbly beard and a lumber jack shirt on. One of his eyes seemed to go off in directions of its own. He had gold teeth in his mouth, but it didn't look as glamorous as Wayne's. He probably had to put them in because his teeth were falling out or something. Wayne just had the gold teeth capped over his own. Wayne squinted at the man in the bus and looked at Paul.

"Have you ever seen Deliverance?" He asked Paul. The other man whined and latched on to his shoulder. Wayne laughed and did his best impression of the Hill Billy in the movie. "Squeal like a piggy, boy!"
The man was starting to close his doors. "If I can't get the assistance I'll need to help ya......well, then I just don't think I can help ya," he said casually. Wayne pinched Paul in the side and said, "No! He'll help you. Don't you worry about a thing. Whatever you want him to do, he'll do it. We're going to just wander off somewhere. If he comes to us crying and his clothes are tattered....we'll just think you did a job well done!"

Paul looked horrified. There was no way they would leave him with some creepy geezer....right? Ray and Mikey retreated to the bus, saying that they were going back to sleep. Gerard went off to the woods to look for his missing Frank. Flake and Till were laughing about something and heading back on the bus as well. Christoph ruffled Paul's hair.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to leave you," he said soothingly. Paul smiled.....and so did the truck driver.

"I could always use some extra help," The man said. Christoph's nose crinkled up as he nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "

"Um......there.....there's something I forgot to do in the....the um.....there," Christoph stuttered while running back on the bus. Paul watched the truck driver climb out of the vehicle. "Name's Cletus. I hope you have a strong back 'cause this is gonna be a tough job for a little feller like you. Mm hm......take this here ratchet and get under that bus," Cletus instructed. Paul reluctantly did as he said and started to crawl under the tour bus.

"U-umm.....l-like this?" Paul clarified. The man watched Paul wiggle under the vehicle and grinned his rotten smile.

"Just like that, boy.....just like that...."