Boogeyman.

you fall asleep and wake up dead.

.

he exists only because you think of him.

It's faceless head turns from side to side, "looking" as a mortal would. Eventually, it detects your presence. It follows the direction, and your silhouette would've been visible to human eyes. You're hunched over, doing something; drawing, playing an instrument, writing, it doesn't matter. It's long, tentacle-like limbs holds it suspended over the ground, its long, slender frame casting a shadow. You don't notice it; it easily blends in with all the other shadows the trees make.

You're utterly clueless of the fact that you're about to die.

It's movements are slow. Not even methodical, or stealthy, or calculating. Just slow, almost passive. A leaf crinkles beneath one of the many limbs extending from it's back, and you jump, startled at the sound. You've forgotten you're not the only living thing out here, but you also realize that you haven't seen an animal around for a while; this part of the forest seems dead.

You turn around, and only see the bottoms of the limbs that thin out as they go, folding over almost like an elbow once they meet the ground. You at first assume it's one of the trees, but you see movement; it's moving closer.

Before you can look up at the creature wearing a male's suit, one of the limbs wraps around your chest, hoisting you eleven feet into the air. You're too petrified to even react; you're looking at the black suit it's wearing and you're left incoherent, being absolutely mentally lost.

The faceless head that's eye level with you is the last thing you have vision of before one of the limbs snakes around your neck, releasing your torso.

try not to think of him.