Status: Slight hiatus: we're both acquiring rapidly growing social lives.

The Alex and Charlie Format

Five

Charlie's brow furrowed and his eyes widened. He pulled away, in shock and stared up at him. "What...?" he began, searching his eyes any way he could.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," Alex said, jumping of Charlie. He could feel his cheeks going red as he hurried away and into the kitchen, mentally facepalming. Of course Charlie didn't feel the same, what was he thinking?

Charlie just sat there, blinking a few times. Wow. He breathed out, frowning at the fact that Alex had left. He couldn't help but think it changed everything and he didn't know how yet. He closed his eyes, head tilting down and brow furrowing. It was so weird.

Alex stood awkwardly in the kitchen, trying to refrain from bashing his head against the cupboard. He's just gone and screwed everything up between them, he was such a fucking idiot. "I'm going for a walk," he mumbled, not sure if Charlie heard him or not. He pulled on his shoes and a jacket and headed for the door.

Charlie wanted to protest, to tell him that he didn't mind him staying around, but figured it might be for the best so the both of them could sort things out, mainly Charlie.

Alex walked out of the building, shoving his hands in his pockets and hunching his shoulders against the wind as he walked. He wasn't really going anywhere, just letting his feet wonder. He was too preoccupied with trying to think of what to say to Charlie when he went back.

Charlie stood, turning the TV off, then letting the remote drop onto the couch. So many things ran through his mind. It just, wasn't likely, or wasn't expected. He didn't dislike it, of course not, but he was confused.

Alex ended up in a park, sitting down on a bench with a sigh. Maybe he could go stay with Tom and Ed for a while until he figured out what he was going to do. He didn't want to though, what he wanted was to go back to his flat and kiss Charlie again. He groaned and buried his face in his knees.

Charlie gulped silently and glanced around, then went into the bedroom, grabbing his mobile. He pressed recent calls and then pressed 'Send' on Alex's number. He was genuinely afraid the man would get kidnapped or something and he really wanted to just talk to him.

Alex jumped when his phone vibrated in his pocket and he pulled it out, frowning when he saw the name. "Hello," he answered, trying to keep his voice steady.

Charlie paused, then rubbed his forehead, pushing his hair against it. He pushed it out of the way frantically and took in a deep breath. "Um..." he breathed out. "Will you come back? I think," he said. He smiled slightly, trying a joke. "I mean, we might have something kinda important to talk about."

Alex surprised himself by managing a smile. "Okay," he said, allowing himself to get his hopes up slightly, "If you want be to come back, I'll come back."

Charlie smiled slightly, knowing from the way his voice changed that he was smiling. "Yeah," he said. That's what he wanted. He really did.

"I'll see you soon then," Alex said before hanging up. He stood up and headed back the way he'd come, suddenly very nervous.

Charlie smiled and sat himself on the sofa. He had concluded, mostly, that if Alex liked him, he would definitely make things good between them, make things work.