Status: Fin.

Just the Way You Are

Sixteen

Eve inhaled the aroma of crisp bacon sizzling on the frying pan as she flipped them onto their uncooked side, a loud hiss sounding as the meat came into contact with the hot metal. She moved over to the scrambled eggs and was soon putting them onto a serving plate along with the bacon that was now finished.

Eve quickly made the hotcakes that she knew her mom would enjoy, and was soon placing them onto the table along with everything else. She poured a glass of orange juice and saw her mom walk into the kitchen, a small smile on her face.

"It smells great, Eve." She grinned.

Eve sat down at the table and poured herself her own glass of OJ. "Thanks, mom."

There was a knock at the door, followed by the doorbell ringing. Eve began to get up, but her mom told her otherwise. "No, sit. I'll get it." She ordered.

Eve did so and took her first bite out of the fluffy pancakes, savoring the flavor of the sweet maple syrup she had topped it with.

"Eve, honey, there's someone here to see you." Darla called.

Eve's heart pounded in her chest. A sort of giddiness exploding in her stomach as butterflies soon followed. Jacob...

She took a quick sip of her OJ to wash her food down before walking briskly to the door, passing her mom who looked slightly annoyed. Eve reached for the handle, twisting it and opening the door with a large grin.

"Jesse..." She sighed, forcing a smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Well a few nights ago I told you that I was sending you a present, babe. I'm your present." He replied, kissing her lips for a few seconds. "I had a few days off school, so here I am."

"Oh, that's great." Eve laughed, though inside she was dreading what would happen next. "So... what're you going to do?" She asked awkwardly.

"Well," He began, a smirk rising on his lips. "I planned out our entire day. It's gonna be great."

Eve couldn't believe that he was just telling her that her day would be spent with him. It was like he had no interest in what she thought... which, she knew he probably didn't.

"Really?"

"Yeah, so get dressed and ready."

Eve glanced down at her casual jeans and band tee before grimacing. She was already dressed, did he really care about what she wore...?

Why do I bother asking...?

"I'll be out in a few."

Jesse attempted to enter the house, but Eve had slammed the door in his face before he was able to set a foot inside.

She had to admit, it felt good to do that.

Eve looked at her mom who was sitting down at the round table in the kitchen, eating the food she had cooked just moments ago. "Mom, Jesse and I are going out. Do you mind?"

"Nope," Darla answered, a small sigh following after. "Have fun, Eve."

Eve had been hoping that she would've wanted to spend some time together so she didn't have to go with Jesse, but Eve knew that she couldn't have everything. Gotta roll with the punches... She told herself.

Eve headed upstairs and into her room, getting out some clothes that would be good for today. If she had to have a reason why going out with Jesse wouldn't be quite as bad, it would be the weather. Only a few white clouds hovered in the air, with a temperature that was just perfect in the low 80s. Eve finished off her outfit with a few accessories and got out one of her purses, stashing her wallet, iPod, cell phone, and anything else she thought would be needed for the day inside of it.

Eve told Darla goodbye and walked outside to find an irritated Jesse standing by his car that was now clean and looking brand new. A few days after his car had gotten wrecked with pranks, Jesse had called in a tow truck and had it hauled out to a body shop to be fixed up. Needless to say, the price wasn't pretty, but Jesse didn't care.

He looked over and saw her standing there, and his lips curved upwards in a smile. "You look hot, Eve." He walked towards her and kissed her lips hungrily before the two of them got into his vehicle and driving off.

Let's just get this over with...

Jacob searched through his dresser and found one of his black shirts, slipping it on and looking at himself in the mirror. He ruffled up his hair a bit, knowing that Eve liked it like that, and smiled as he then left his room. He walked out of his small red home and down the street towards Eve's.

He hadn't seen her since the night he had heard her conversation with Jerk-wad Jesse. He decided that since he had the day off from patrols, he would use that to his advantage. He would surprise her and sweep her off her feet, then he would tell her how he felt. Hopefully she would take his feelings for her into consideration and dump that Pretty Boy.

He saw the little yellow home in the distance and smiled, jogging up to it eagerly. "It's either me or Jesse." He said confidently.

He walked up the porch stairs and knocked on the door. He looked around his surroundings and it was peaceful, he wondered why it could never just stay like this.

"Jacob?" He turned to see Darla standing here with a curious gleam in her dark eyes.

"Oh, hello Darla," He smiled warmly. "Is Eve here?"

"Eve...? No..." She shook her head in confusion. "Didn't she tell you? Jesse came back today and took her out. She left about fifteen minutes ago. I'm sorry, Jacob."

Anger built up within him. "Oh. I see. Thank you for telling me. Goodbye, Darla." He replied lowly before stomping off the porch and down the dirt road.

His hands were balled into fists, his knuckles a chalk white, and his nails digging into his skin. He headed into the woods, deep inside. Once he reached a clearing, he let it all out.

He shifted, his clothes ripping in half as his larger form took shape. He imagined Jesse as being one of the trees and he went for it, clawing at it and somewhat uprooting it in the process.

Jake... chill... she'll come around. No one can resist the power of imprinting. Quil told him in an attempt to calm him down.

Jacob only grumbled before deciding to join his friend on his patrol shift. He needed to clear his mind, and trying to find a few wandering leeches could definitely take his mind off of the two of them, even if only for a little while...

Eve sat awkwardly in her seat as she watched the movie with Jesse, his arm wrapped tightly around her shoulders as he brought her into his chest. Little did he know, it wasn't as romantic as he thought it was. The seat's armrest was digging itself into her side and bringing her small waves of pain.

I wish I had just stayed home.

The day's events had consisted of going to Port Angeles and walking around aimlessly until noon. When they both grew hungry, they ate at a local diner and talked about Jesse and his classes. After paying the bill, they continued to aimlessly explore the small city and soon came to the conclusion that a movie was the best way to kill time.

So now here they were, sitting together in an empty theater, watching a romantic comedy...

This wasn't exactly Eve's definition of a "good time".

She began to zone out as she watched the film with little interest. Her mind wandered everywhere and soon landed upon him. I wonder what Jake's doing right now...?

She jumped in her seat as she felt Jesse's lips upon her neck, biting and sucking away on little areas. She blushed madly and looked around to see if anyone was seeing this as she tried to push him away.

"J-Jesse, stop it. Not here...!"

"Oh Eve, don't worry. No one's here."

"I don't care, Jesse. Not here!"

"Eve, we're alone. No one's watching, just enjoy it!"

"No, Jesse. Stop it!"

Jesse pushed his mouth onto hers and his hands traveled from her stomach upwards, until they reached her breasts, groping them. Eve's eyes burst open and yelped in surprise at what he had done. Using all her strength, she pushed him off, grabbed her bag from the seat beside her and practically ran out of the theater, leaving the building through one of the labeled exits.

Eve was in a state of shock as she walked aimlessly around the parking structure behind the movie theater. She couldn't believe that Jesse had actually gone that far...!

Eve looked up at the sky that was now filled with dark, gray clouds that threatened to pour rain. A soft rumbling in the distance could be heard, and she knew that a thunderstorm would be taking place.

"Eve!" She looked behind her to see an annoyed Jesse running at her. "What the hell was all that back there, Eve?" He hollered angrily.

She gaped at him, not believing what she heard. "I don't know, Jesse, why the fuck were you doing that to me in the movie?" She retorted, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Eve, no one was in there! We were all alone!!"

"It doesn't matter!!"

"Eve, you're making a huge fucking deal out of nothing." He grumbled, stuffing his hands into his pockets, his eyebrows furrowing together as he grew irritated.

"Are you trying to tell me that my feelings and security mean nothing to you, Jesse?" Eve snapped.

"Eve, you're twisting my words!!"

"No, I am not, Jesse Worth!"

"You know, ever since that stupid ass guy came into the picture, everything has gone wrong for us, Eve!" Jesse yelled. "He's trying to tear us apart!"

"Don't you dare try and put the blame on Jacob!! He's done nothing wrong!" Eve yelled.

"Oh, yea? Then why was everything so different the moment that I arrived here a few weeks ago?!"

"Because he was everything you aren't!" She screamed. "Meeting him made me realize that I didn't want to be in this relationship anymore!"

"Eve... Eve, you don't mean that!"

"Yes, I do, Jesse. We're officially over." Eve spoke calmly, feeling so much better for getting everything off her chest.

Jesse glared at her viciously, the intensity it had making Eve feel uncomfortable, vulnerable... scared. Jesse grabbed her by her forearm and brought her closer to him by yanking on it. His grip tightened and she winced from the pain.

"I... will ruin you, Evangeline Blair. Count on it. Besides, I can do much better than a fat ass like you." He spat, shoving her to the side as he walked towards his car, speeding off and out of sight.

Eve glanced down at her arm and noticed it was red, his hand print slightly visible. She knew, however, that the physical pain she felt was nothing compared the emotional one she was going through after being called a "fat ass". She walked towards a corner of the parking lot and sat on the curb, getting out her cell phone.

She scrolled through her contacts and thought about who to call. "I can't call mom, she'd go nuts." Eve mumbled. She found the number she wanted and pressed the call button, pressing the device up to her ear.

"Hey, this is Dylan! Leave a message with your number and I'll get back to you soon!"

Eve sighed before ending the call, and dialed another number. It rang once, twice, three times before she got the answering machine.

"Hey, it's Jake, leave a message and I'll call you back."

The machine let out a beep and she knew it was recording her message. She immediately closed the phone and buried her face into her hands.

She didn't want to drag anyone into this mess. Especially Jacob. She knew that if she did, and she explained what had happened... he'd more than likely try to find and kill Jesse. Eve didn't think that was a bad idea, but she still wouldn't want him to do it, though...

Eve pulled her knees up to her chest and let her head rest upon them. She couldn't believe how crappy the day had become.

"Is this some kind of karma for keeping secrets from my mom...?"

Jacob had just gotten home. He was sweaty and had gotten his mind off of Eve and Jesse during his voluntary patrol just as he had hoped to do. Jacob took a quick shower and as he was finishing up, could hear his cell phone ring from his room with his sensitive hearing. Jacob shrugged it off, taking his time getting out of the shower and changing into some new clothes before checking his Missed Calls list.

Her number was there at the very top, the time the call had been received being around fifteen minutes ago. He sighed tiredly as he sat down on his bed, debating on whether or not to call her back. Unable to resist, he dialed her number and she picked up on the second ring.

"Hello?"

"Eve, you called me?"

"Yea, I did..." She mumbled.

"So what is it?" He asked rather coldly.

Eve noticed the tone in his voice, flinching as she began to answer him. "Nothing really... Something happened between Jesse and I and he left me here, so... so..." Jacob could hear her voice quivering on the line and he could hear her sniffling softly. "Could you please... come and pick me up? I don't have a ride."

He could make out her soft cries and his heart broke in half. "Where are you?"

"Port Angeles, behind the movie theater."

"I'll be there as soon as I can, Eve. Stay there, don't move or talk to anyone."

"Thanks, Jacob."

"Eve...?"

"Yea?"

"It's Jake."

She giggled softly and Jacob was pleased to hear it. "Okay... thanks, Jake."

"Okay, I'll be there as fast as I can. Bye."

"Bye."

Jacob grabbed his leather jacket and ran out the door with his keys, getting into his Rabbit. He turned on the engine and soon was speeding down the asphalt road towards Eve.

It's official, Jacob concluded. If I see that jackass ever again he's a dead man.

After Eve had gotten off the phone with Jacob, it began to rain, the gray clouds crying along with her. Eve didn't move from the curb towards shelter from the relentless droplets. She actually enjoyed it. It took her mind away from things for a while.

She had waited for about thirty minutes before a honk brought her back into reality. Her head snapped up to see the familiar red Rabbit parked on the opposite side of the road.

Before Eve could even stand up, Jacob darted out of the car and picked her up in his arms, carrying her over to the passenger's side and setting her inside the toasty vehicle that had it's heater on. Jacob got back into the driver's seat and looked at her.

He noticed her teeth that were softly chattering and he removed his jacket, placing it around her. "You're freezing..." He murmured, and then pulled her into his chest. "Can you tell me what happened?"

"Later...?" Eve questioned hopefully. Jacob stared down at her, not wanting to accept that answer. "Jesse tried to make out with me during a movie. I didn't want to and left. We got into this huge argument and I told him that we were done. He told me he'd ruin me and then he left."

"That ass..." Jacob grumbled. "I'm gonna kill him if he's stupid enough to come back onto the reservation, which I wouldn't put it past him."

Eve chuckled softly before hugging him tightly. "Thank you so much, Jake."

"I'll always be here, Eve. Believe me."

"You don't have to tell me twice." She mumbled into his chest, soon looking up at him. "Jake... kiss me."

He leaned in and let his lips connect with hers, sending off waves of ecstasy throughout their bodies. Jacob's hands cupped her face gently, caressing her cheeks with his thumbs, while Eve's ran through his hair, ruffling it, just as she liked it. They pulled away from each other and Jacob kissed her forehead tenderly.

"Evangeline Blair..."

"Yes, Jacob Black?"

"Would you be my girlfriend?"

"I thought you'd never ask." She replied.

They then kissed one another once more, different sparks going off inside them....

Fireworks.

As they pulled away, Eve smiled. "Wow... our first kiss as an actual couple."

Jacob gave a goofy grin before nodding and cleverly adding, "But it's not the only one we'll have."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is longer than the last chapter by 5 pages. The last chapter was 3 pages. (:
So a grand total of 8 pages for this chapter! :D

I'm in a good mood today because I'm going to see Glee - Live! in 12 hours and 49 minutes!! *fan girl squeal*

Anyways, I'd like to thank these people for commenting:
poisongirl24
Lachen Immer

We didn't get a lot of comments on the last chapter (which broke my heart a tad...), but I was pleased nonetheless...! Thank you all for reading!

DON'T be a silent reader, please! (;