Status: Fin.

Just the Way You Are

Two

Both Eve and Darla took a shuttle bus later that night to the Port Angeles airport, where they would both be going their separate ways for a long while. The ride there was a silent, comforting one as Darla had one arm around her daughter’s shoulders protectively, telling her how much she loved her and would miss her during their time apart.

After paying and tipping the driver, they both got off the van and began to walk with their things to the terminals. The intercom went off announcing that Eve’s flight would soon begin the boarding process, and the two walked over to Gate A46 to say their final goodbyes.

They stopped before the line and engulfed each other in a hug.

“I’m gonna miss you so much, Eve,” Her mom spoke shakily, tears welling up in her eyes.

“I’m gonna miss you, too, mom.” Eve replied, tightening her grip around her mother’s small frame.

“Call me whenever you have the chance. Don’t leave out any details, I want to hear everything.” Darla instructed. “Be good to Joanne and your father, tell them I say hello and hope everything’s alright. Email me pictures of everything you do.”

“I know, mom, I will.” Eve nodded.

Darla kissed Eve’s head for a few seconds and then let her go. “You be careful.”

“I will, I promise.”

Darla smiled sadly. “That’s my girl, have fun over in California.”

“Thanks mom, bye.”

They exchanged a quick hug before Eve got in line, showing her boarding pass to the attendant who smiled kindly and wished her a good flight allowing her through the door.

Eve and Darla exchanged one final goodbye before Eve headed down the long hallway that led to the plane that was headed away from home, and to her refuge—Beverly Hills, California.

After an hour or so of frequent turbulence and the continuous blare of the plane’s engine, it finally touched down in Los Angeles International Airport. She was ushered off the plane by flight attendants, and was soon heading towards the baggage claim. As her few bags fell from the chute, she quickly grabbed them and walked towards the exit.

“Should I call dad…?” She mumbled quietly to herself.

She looked around quickly to see if he wasn’t in plain sight, when she saw a middle aged man holding a white card that read “Evangeline Blair” she approached him slowly.

She cleared her throat and smiled. “Hi… I’m Evangeline.”

The man looked her over. “Do you have identification?” He questioned. “It’s protocol that I ask you.”

She quickly grabbed her passport and showed him the small navy booklet.

He smiled kindly and stuck out his hand. “Hello Ms. Blair, my name’s Anthony Calloway and I’ll be your driver.” He shook her hand slowly before grabbing her bags. “Please get in and I’ll take you to your father’s home.”

He put the bags into the back of the large, black SUV and closed the door for Eve, rushing around the front of the car and getting into the driver’s seat.

Eve was surprised that she was given a chauffer. She honestly didn’t expect it. Eve hadn’t seen her dad in about two years; during that time he must have come into a good job for him to be able to get a personal driver.

After driving through downtown Los Angeles, where lit up skyscrapers towered over her, she fell in love with the city instantly. She loved the hustle and bustle of it all. It was something else compared to boring ole La Push where the most exciting thing was a day without rain.

She couldn’t wait for the sun to come up to reveal how it looked in the day.

Eve ended up at the front steps of a large three story home, with a White House sized front lawn, and intimidating, white double doors.

I have to have the wrong house… She thought.

“Here goes nothing,” She mumbled, ringing the doorbell.

A few seconds passed before a girl opened the door. She was tall, like Eve, however, she was skinny. She had dirty blonde hair, fair, light skin, and green eyes that had a bit of hazel mixed in. Immediately Eve felt her self-confidence plummet—it was like high school all over again.

The girl’s jaw dropped a bit and her thin eyebrows scrunched themselves together, trying to figure out who Eve was and what she wanted. “Um, who are you?” She asked bluntly, catching Eve off guard.

“My name’s Evangeline Blair.”

The blonde’s eyes squinted as she shook her head. “What’s your point?”

“Did I get the wrong house? Does Evan Saunders live here?”

“What do you want with my stepdad?” She questioned.

“I’m his daughter, Evangeline. I’ve come to visit him.”

She looked Eve over suspiciously. “Wait here.” She ordered.

The girl slammed the door in Eve’s face, making her jump in surprise. She felt her heart race and she wondered if she had made the right decision coming here.

The door reopened to reveal her dad, a wide grin on his lips. He had gotten more wrinkles around his mouth and forehead, and his skin seemed paler than per usual, almost like he was sick. His brown hair was sticking up like usual and had started graying.

“Hey kiddo, I haven’t seen you in forever.” He brought her into his warm and welcoming embrace quickly. “You’ve gotten taller since I saw you last.”

“Hey dad,” Eve smiled, hugging her dad just as tightly as he was hugging her before letting him go. “I’ve missed you.”

“You have no idea how much I’ve missed you, Eve.” He tousled her hair, making her laugh lightly. “C’mon, I’ll introduce you.”

He closed the front door and led her into what she thought was the living room. On a large red sofa sat the girl who she had just seen and another older woman. She was blonde as well, with the same light skin, but with blue eyes. She smiled at the two of them and stood to greet them.

“Hello,” She stuck her hand out. “My name’s Joanne Saunders, Evan’s wife. You must be Evangeline, his daughter, and my new stepdaughter.”

Eve shook her hand and gave a small smile back. “It’s nice to meet you, Joanne. My mom says hello and hopes that you’re doing fine.”

She grinned happily. “Thank you,” She looked over her shoulder and motioned for her daughter to be with them. “This is my daughter, Dylan. Say hello Dylan.”

“Hi,” She said curtly, earning a smack from Joanne. She swallowed hard. “It’s very nice to meet you, Evangeline.” She forced out through gritted teeth.

“You’re very tall,” Joanne mused aloud. “How tall are you exactly, Evangeline?”

“Please, just call me Eve. I’m five feet and ten inches.”

“I don’t mean to sound rude, Eve, but if you lost some weight, you would look absolutely gorgeous.” Joanne spoke, Eve blushed madly and Dylan snickered at her. “Dylan, shush up.” She ordered, and Dylan did as she was told immediately. “I work with The Limited Brands and we always need models. They’re in constant demand. If you’d like to do something like that, tell me and I can help you.”

“Thank you for the offer,” Eve spoke shyly.

Joanne nodded her head, her same smile still plastered to her thin pink lips. “I can make a quick call if and whenever you’d like. I personally think you’d make a wonderful addition.” She turned to Dylan who stiffened up. “Dylan, show Eve to her room.”

“Yes, mother,”

She began to walk and Eve followed her, carrying her luggage in her hands. She walked up the stairs and down the corridor to a room that had double doors.

“Here it is, sister.” Dylan spoke, opening the doors.

There was a king-sized bed on the right with mounds of white pillows at the headrest. On the other side was a desk with a bookshelf next to it. Next to the desk was a plasma television with speakers on each side of it. The flooring was white carpet and so were the curtains that were draped over the windows.

“A stylist is coming tomorrow so you can tell him how you want your room to be.” Dylan stated, looking at her nails for any imperfections. “And if I were you…” She paused, looking at Eve with judgmental eyes. “I’d lose some of that fat before you even think about accepting my mother’s offer. No serious modeling agency would ever accept someone who looks like you.”

Dylan went to close the door and Eve couldn’t believe what had come out of her mouth next.

“What do you suggest?”

Dylan halted, reopened the doors, a smirk on her full pink lips. “You know, Eve… there may just be hope for you left.” She motioned for Eve to come closer. “Come with me.”

Dylan led her down the hallway and into a bathroom, locking the door behind them. She turned the faucet’s water on and she pulled up the toilet seat cover.

She then taught Eve what to do.

She taught Eve how to throw up.

And so the metamorphosis began…
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's starting to take shape. (:
Hope you find it interesting. Next chapter will actually get into the story more.
Thanks for reading and please comment!!