Status: Fin.

Just the Way You Are

Twenty

She couldn't believe what was happening. Eve was in shock that everything had happened so fast. After being in the hospital for a night, in which they gave her all the nutrients she needed, she was discharged and getting ready for her flight.

And at the moment she was waiting for her plane to Phoenix, Arizona to be called for boarding along with her mom, Darla, who was waiting for her own flight to Los Angeles, California to be called as well.

In all the time that had passed, Darla had not spoken a word to her daughter. Darla would have someone else tell Eve her reply, and Eve didn't like it one bit. If Eve didn't feel bad at first, she sure as hell was now.

The airport's intercom went off, and announced the flights that were beginning the boarding process — Eve's and Darla's being two of the few announced.

Everyone — being Eve, Jacob, and Darla — grabbed their belongings and were going to head to their Gates. Eve looked at her mom who was putting her things over her shoulder and slowly walking away, and she knew she had to do it.

She dropped her bags and briskly walked to her mom, getting in front of her and staring at her with a determined look. Eve wanted — needed — to talk to her mom, and if she got a few words, she'd be fine with it. She just needed to hear her mom's voice...

She needed to be told that everything was going to be okay.

"Mom... I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." Eve's voice was already beginning to crack, and so she spoke in a soft voice in an attempt to hide it. "Are you mad at me...?"

"No, just incredibly disappointed with your decisions."

Eve was glad to hear an actual verbal response, but found that her heart was being torn at the answer she received. Anyone could tell you that hearing your mom saying she was disappointed in you was much worse than hearing she was mad at you. Eve nodded so her mom would know she heard.

A hand was put on her shoulder and Eve looked up at her mom who now stood closer than before with misty eyes. "But I still love you and forgive you, Evangeline. You're my baby. And I will always love you no matter what. What you did wasn't very smart, but I know why you did it." Darla explained, letting a few of those tears in her eyes spill over. "Evangeline, you're truly all that I have left that's worth living for. I don't want to lose you. And I can't wait for things to go back to normal after you come back from Rosewood and I come back from surgery."

"Me too, mom. I love you."

They shared a long hug and Eve found that she was now crying as well. As they pulled away, Eve wiped away her fresh tears and Darla did the same.

"I'll miss you, Evangeline. Get better soon so you can come home. Everything's going to be okay."

"I"ll miss you, too, mom. I'll call you when I have time tomorrow."

"Goodbye, Evangeline."

"Bye, mom."

They shared one last embrace before they left each other. Darla walked away towards her gate and Eve headed towards Jacob who was carrying all their stuff.

Eve took her bags from his grasp in silence and the two walked off towards the gate. Jacob would be going with Eve to Arizona. Sam was reluctant to let him go because of patrols, but he knew how important imprints were, and so he made an exception for him. Jacob had been asked by Darla to go, but he also wanted to go of his own free will. He wanted to be there for her. He wanted to make sure that she was alright and that she would stay alright.

He didn't want to relive this again... ever.

They walked in silence towards the gate and soon were walking down the corridor and onto the flying machine. They found their seats and got comfortable, Jacob sat at the window seat while Eve got the aisle.

It was then that Eve began to think and worry about Jacob. The couple hadn't spoken since yesterday when they found out. Eve remembered how distraught he looked when they discovered the truth.

I should apologize to him, too...

Eve turned to face Jacob, ready to tell him how sorry she was, but stopped herself before she could get a syllable out. She smiled at what she saw. Jacob was leaned up against the window, eyes closed and snoring away slightly.

She didn't know that he was just pretending to be asleep. He wanted to hear her voice, but he couldn't at the moment. He couldn't stop thinking about the fact that she had been doing something so... so harmful to herself and he didn't even know about it.

What kind of a boyfriend was he...?

Not a very good one that 's for sure.

How could I be so damn oblivious...? He thought.

The plane took off and Eve cuddled into Jacob's shoulder, soon falling asleep herself. Feeling her get comfortable into his body, Jacob eased up. He sighed contently before his arm made its way out form under her and wrapped itself around her shoulders, pulling her closer.

He kissed the top of her head. "I love you, Eve." He whispered softly.

The plane landed after a little more than an hour at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport and Jacob woke Eve up from her nap. The two disembarked the craft, grabbing their carry on items, and headed towards the baggage claim. After getting their other luggage, they both found the Enterprise.

Jacob spoke with the man and got the keys to the rented car. As they had in the airport, they walked silently towards the silver GMC that they had ordered and began to put their things into the back, soon driving away.

"Here's the directions to Wickenburg." Eve said softly, still a little groggy from waking up. "It's gonna be a bit of a drive. It's about fifty-five miles from here."

Jacob nodded his head and pulled out of the parking garage, starting the drive towards Wickenburg. It was quiet and Eve felt uncomfortable, even when she turned on the radio it didn't help — if anything it got worse. Not even five minutes had passed before she turned the radio back off.

Jacob didn't do anything, he simply kept his eyes on the road before him.

It was then that Eve knew it was time.

"Jacob, please listen. I'm really sorry for what I did. You... you don't know how sorry I am." Eve began. "I just feel so horrible for it — for everything. I'm so sorry."

Jacob didn't acknowledge her words as he got off the interstate and parked in a local diner's parking lot.

"Say something..." She whispered. "Please."

Jacob turned to look at Eve and that's when it hit her. She knew that Jacob was obviously hurt when he found out about her eating disorder, but when she stared into his lachrymose brown eyes, she realized it hurt him more than she first thought.

"Eve... you're perfect. I just don't get that you can't see that. I mean... you're hurting yourself for no reason at all!" He told her. "I've always thought that you were like a fucking angel and I still do! Ever since I saw you back in high school when you were just a freshmen I've wanted to be with you!"

"R-really?" Eve stammered through her tears, wiping each of them away as fast as she could.

"Yes!" He shouted, nodding his head furiously. "My God, Eve...! I just... I just want to make sure that you stay the same! I don't want you to change! I don't want you to hurt yourself just to please other people and to make their opinion about you be a good one! You can't do this to yourself, Eve! You can't...!"

Jacob reached over to Eve and put his hand on the back of her neck, pulling her gently towards him. Their foreheads met and Eve's pink and slightly swollen eyes met with Jacob's watery brown ones.

"Don't you get it, Evangeline Blair...?" He questioned softly, wiping away few tears that fell with his thumb. "You're amazing... just the way you are."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh dang, we've reached 20 chapters(:
Ying...!

Anyways, sorry it took such a long while to get out. Went on vacation, updated a different story, and then yea, I updated this one. Good thing is, I have the outline for the next chapter done already (yes, I outline chapters lol), so that means after I update two more stories, all I have to do is type it up and post, no "Omg what am I going to do for this chapter...?!"

I sound like I just advertised outlining. :/

Anyways, thanks to the following people who commented:
teenagedream91
Ayannaxx.
SoccergirlBianca
Lupoguardiano
Lachen Immer

Thanks a lot guys! Please continue commenting!! :D