Status: Fin.

Just the Way You Are

Three

There were flashes all around.

“Give me a pouty look, Eve!”

The girl did as she was told, earning a smile and more clicks of the camera. She did multiple poses—provocative and innocent ones—and it was all coming together perfectly.

The photographer loved her.

The camera loved her.

And she loved herself.

“That’s a wrap, Eve.” Alex smiled, clapping his hands together. “That was lovely, mio caro!”

She giggled, walking over and hugging the photographer. “Grazie, Alex.” She spoke in Italian. “I’m sure the cover will come out brilliantly thanks to you.”

“Thank you, Eve. You can go ahead and leave, you did a great job.”

Eve smiled and nodded, thanking Alex for his time and for taking the photos before heading towards the trailer she was assigned. She changed back into her regular clothes that hugged her figure nicely and looked at herself in the mirror.

She wasn’t the girl she was before. She was social. She was liked. And she was skinny. Throwing up had worked. It was her way to a fabulous figure. Sure, it wasn’t only throwing up that got her to her new look; she worked out in the gym and ate healthy, but it sure quickened the process.

She ran her hands from her jean pockets, up her sides and back down again, letting herself feel the curves that were in the right places.

She smiled victoriously to herself, grabbing her Prada bag and walking out of her changing room, her chin held high and self-confidence overflowing.

“Nice job, sis,” Dylan congratulated. “You nailed it.”

“Thanks,” Eve laughed, running her hands through her silky dark brown hair, letting it flip gracefully through the air. “We’re heading home now, right?”

“Yup, our bags are already being put onto the jet; we just need to get over there.”

Eve and Dylan were then driven towards the airport where they gossiped about how the magazine cover Eve had just shot for, Elle Italia, would look like. Eve couldn’t wait to see it. She liked the clothes she had worn for it, and she knew that Alex was a great photographer.

Dylan and Eve reached the airport and walked through the terminals towards their gate. Before boarding the plane, Eve’s phone began to ring.

Dylan looked at her sister quizzically, waiting for her.

“Go on,” Eve told her. “I’ll be there in a moment.”

“Okay, just hurry.”

Eve flipped her phone up and pressed the electronic to her ear.

“Hello, is this Evangeline Blair?”

“Yes, this is she. Who may I ask is calling?”

“My name is Doctor Carlisle Cullen with Forks General Hospital. We have your mother, Darla Blair, here. She’s ill and needs someone to be here with her. You’re the only family member in her contact list so would it be possible for you to come see her?”

Eve remained silent, letting it all sink in for a moment.

“Excuse me, Ms. Blair?”

“Y-yes… yes, I’ll be right over as soon as I can. Thank you, Doctor Cullen, for calling me.” Eve spoke, running a hand through her hair. “Goodbye.”

Eve closed her phone and stared at the object for a few minutes, wondering if it all had really happened. Her cell vibrated with a text from Dylan and she knew that she was getting impatient.

She shook her head a few times, getting it out of the clouds, and walked towards the plane. She sat down next to Dylan who was staring at her in confusion.

“What took so long?”

“My mom…” She murmured. “My mom’s in the hospital…”

“Mom’s in the hospital?” Dylan asked, worried for Joanne.

“No, no… not our mom… my mom.”

Dylan remained silent before whispering a silent “Oh”.

The plane ride back to the States was a quiet, smooth one. Dylan had fallen asleep within the first thirty minutes of being up in the air while Eve sat stiff in her black, leather seat.

Eve was too shocked—too regretful—to even think about relaxing. In all honesty, she had forgotten about her mom back in that old, little reservation known as La Push. She got caught up in all the glamour and fame, and forgot one of the most important things in her life.

How could she have been so ignorant? How could she have been so selfish?

How could she…?

I’m a horrible person… She concluded. I’m not worth anything. How could I have forgotten my own mom?

Eve could feel her eyes sting, and see her eyes blur up with the tears that built up. As they fell down her cheeks, she quickly wiped them away so no one would see them, even when Dylan and her were the only ones there.

“I’m so sorry mom.” She whispered.

Dylan and Eve landed at Los Angeles International and both got off of the plane quickly. Eve went rushing towards the parking structure where Anthony was waiting for them. After loading the luggage onto the vehicle, Anthony drove the two sisters home.

Before the car came to a halt inside the driveway, Eve unbuckled herself and jumped out in front of the door, running up the porch and inside the home. She sprinted down the hallway and into her dad’s study room where he usually was to find him reading some of his work documents.

“Dad…” She panted.

He lost all concentration and looked up at his daughter, and gave her a smile. “Hello Eve,” He got up from his black leather seat and walked around his large oak desk before engulfing her in a hug. “How was the flight back? How’d it all go?”

“Good, but did you get a phone call?”

“Oh yes, I did.” His expression turned serious for a few seconds, and Eve’s heart dropped. “Can you believe that Elle Indonesia wants to shoot a cover with you on it?”

Eve’s heart didn’t flutter like it usually did with good new concerning her modeling career, it stayed the same, in fact it seemed to slow down all the more. She didn’t care for her career at the moment. It was the reason why she was in this predicament…! Perhaps if she had decided to go back home at the end of the summer two years ago when she was supposed to instead of deciding to stay with her dad, new mom and sister for the career, all this could’ve been avoided.

“No, I’m talking about mom.”

“What about Joanne?”

“Not Joanne, Darla!!” She screamed.

“Oh, Darla…” His voice trailed off, making Eve very irritated. “What about her?”

“Before my flight I got a call from the hospital over there. Mom was in the hospital and they asked me to go over.”

“When were you leaving?”

She stayed silent, slightly confused at what he had just said. “Aren’t you… aren’t you coming with me…?”

“Um, I have tons of work to do here, I can’t leave, Eve.” He answered. “Besides, seeing your mother after so long… I don’t think it’d be right.”

“What… what kind of shit is that?” She looked at her dad in shock and slight disgust. “She’s your ex-wife and you share a kid with her! I would’ve thought you’d be a little more concerned for her! Or act like you are at the very least!”

“Evangeline, don’t raise your voice at me. It’s disrespectful.”

Eve shook her head madly, biting her tongue so she wouldn’t blow up on her dad like she wanted to at the moment. Tears built up in her brown pools and soon began to overflow. “I’m leaving. Now.” She responded, backing out of the room slowly, pausing at the door and looking at her dad one final time. “And don’t expect me to come back for a while.”

“Eve, don’t do this.” He groaned.

She sprinted down the hallway, up the stairs and into her room, where she threw all of her suitcases onto her large bed. She raced around collecting every article of clothing and throwing it into them with haste, not caring if they were properly folded or not. Tears continued to cascade down her caramel cheeks as she worked.

She carried them all downstairs and out the door where Anthony was starting to take the luggage out of the car.

“Wait Anthony,” She stopped him, and he looked at her curiously.

“Yes, Ms. Blair?”

“I have another flight to catch apparently,” She said. “Could you take me back to LAX?”

He nodded, walking over to her luggage and picking it up. “Certainly.”

“Thank you, Anthony.”

He loaded her luggage and she got into the car. She got onto her phone’s internet service and began to buy herself a ticket to Port Angeles, Washington. The next available flight would be taking off in less than an hour, and so she was soon being driven down the streets towards the airport.

She was dropped off with her three large suitcases and walked inside the large building with haste; she only had thirty minutes until take off. She got into line, and was soon at the front, being called up to be served. She checked her luggage in, received her ticket, and was told the gate number.

She was soon jogging down the hallway and through security, sprinting her way down the aisle towards her gate that would be ending the boarding process in only a few minutes. She sighed in satisfaction as she made it and was let onto the plane with no problems.

She sat down at her seat and fanned herself, cooling her hot face down from running so hard. The plane backed out in minutes and was soon speeding down the runway.

Eve’s heart quickened as it soon left the ground.

She felt a bit happier, and a bit less stressed.

She’d soon be with her mom again.

She’d be where she belonged.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was a bit cheesy in the beginning, sorry about that!(;
"Mio caro" is "My dear" in Italian. Of course, "Grazie" means "thank you".
I hope you enjoyed the new chapter!
I have 16 readers and 8 subscribers. Thank you so much for that!
I'd like to thank the following people for their comments:
Lachen Immer
teenagedream91
Thank you both so much! :D