Status: Fin.

Just the Way You Are

Epilogue

He coughed violently as the dust flew up and into his lungs, his hands waving frantically in an attempt to clear the air of the particles faster. Once most of it had gone, he continued his snooping. He was looking for a doll that Quinn, the daughter of Sam and Emily Uley, would like since she had lost her old one a few days ago. The adolescent was looking through their attic knowing that his grandmother had probably stashed a few of his mother's own dolls from when she was a little girl in boxes up there. He soon found a large box labeled "TOYS" near the more cluttered and dusty part of the attic.

The boy opened the box and began to rummage through its contents until he found one that she would like. Finally he had found a doll he knew she'd love and smiled in victory as he picked it up from the bottom of the box. The youth noticed how dusty it was and began to wipe away the dirt with the back of his hand. After he had found the doll, he let his curiosity get the better of him and began to look over everything in the attic.

His eyes instantly landed upon a tall object that it was covered by a black sheet. His feet carried him over to it and his arms moved on their own as they took the sheet off. He wondered what a bridal gown was doing up here...

"It looked amazing on your mom when we were getting married."

The young boy spun around and saw his father standing there, a smile playing his lips and a sort of reminiscent gleam in his eyes.

"You say she looks good in everything dad." The boy droned.

"Well, it's true isn't it?" He chuckled. "What are you doing up here, Connor?"

The boy sighed. "Quinn Uley lost her old doll so I found an old one of mom's."

"Really? Sam tells me that you ran her old one over with your bike and ruined it."

Connor stiffened. "Uncle Paul and Jared dared me to do it! They said that I'd get cooties if I didn't!"

Jacob let out a laugh that seemed to shake the entire house and shook his head. "Well, either way, you shouldn't have done that. Quinn was really upset about losing her favorite doll. You should apologize when you give her that new one."

"I know..." The boy pouted. "I will."

"That's my boy." Jacob nodded in approval while tousling the boy's dark chocolate hair. The boy smiled a smile that reminded Jacob of Eve and he grinned himself.

"What are you boys both doing up here?"

The two men turned to see the head of Eve popping up from the small opening in the floor. Jacob's eyes widened and jumped over boxes to get to her.

"Eve, what are you doing?" He questioned her quickly, as she went to answer him, he cut her off. "Never mind that! Get down! You're pregnant!"

"Jacob Ephraim Black, I'm pregnant, not some kind of missile that's going to explode!"

Connor watched his father help his mother back down the ladder, all the while having a panic attack every time she took a step down, and turned back to the wedding dress. He quickly covered it up again and then made his way down the stairs as well, leaving the attic and the precious memories it held to the Black family.

Connor walked to the couch and picked up his backpack from the furniture, stuffing the doll inside and walking towards the front door. "Bye, grandpa." The child said as he passed a sleeping, gray-haired Billy.

The senior citizen then opened his eyes tiredly and smiled at his grandchild. "Have a good day at school, kiddo."

Jacob and Eve watched from the kitchen window as their seven-year-old son talked to the five-year-old Quinn Uley, a light blush on his cheeks and a smile spreading across the girl's face as she received the new doll. Quinn enveloped Connor in a hug and had to chase after him when Connor pulled away just as fast, once again getting nervous about contracting cooties.

Eve smiled and gave a light laugh. "I wonder... will Connor imprint on Quinn when he's older...?"

"We just have to wait and see, Eve." Jacob answered, kissing his wife on the top of her head. "For now... let's wonder about the two we have on the way." He placed his rugged hands onto her large belly that was fit for two and rubbed it softly.

"Yes... Sarah and Darla Black."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, that's it. That's the end. I'm actually getting a little teary eyed writing this...
First off, I'd like to say thank you for reading this. It means so much to know that people enjoy my writings and I'm so happy I was able to entertain you with this. Also, I'd like to dedicate this story to a man named Harvey. He died a while back due to brain cancer and Darla's character was really based off of him. Thank you to all those who have commented about Darla's character.
...Yeah, alright, writing that last part made me cry.

Anywho, I'd like to thank the following people for commenting on this story (in order of first comment received):

Lachen Immer
teenagedream91
Fighting.An.Eclipse
sporteegurl
Ayannaxx.
bloodravyn
Trenyce_896
AshleyxTwilightx
cookiepirate09
MaskedAngel
laughingkid
wolfprincess1995
sophianyx10
Marionette_
poisongirl24
The Ants March In
theseweremywords
x0snowandsoccer0x
clearlyconfused
unbroken!paradise
RomansRevenge;;
WalkingOnBrokenGlass
SweetLilBabyGirl
SoccergirlBianca
Lupoguardiano
Trig-ger
JustThinking
CherryBlossomPetals
Bluecaty15
heinamizukagurai
rosaleen4ever
lilmissdq
layap
SugerG_Wolf
urimaginaryfriend
blackenedrose
BlissfulNightmare;

Thank you all so much!
If you enjoyed this story, there will be more Jacob Black stories on the way!
I can't tell you when, but I hope you will stay with me to find out!