Status: Fin.

Just the Way You Are

Four

The plane screeched, jumping up slightly a few times as it came back into contact with the runway. Eve was shaken awake and began to quickly compose herself, getting ready to jump up from her seat and disembark the craft.

As soon the airliner came to a halt, and the intercom went off, thanking them for choosing the airline, she jumped from her seat and made her way out. Her feet carried her down the somewhat familiar terminals and towards the luggage claim, where she grabbed each of her bags that came down from the chute above.

Eve walked out of the building and got into a line, waiting for a shuttle bus. After about a ten minute wait she was given a bus of her own and was being driven back to her old home in La Push.

She stared out the window and was shocked yet happy to find that nothing had really changed. Why would it? Nothing ever happened in the small town.

After a thirty minute ride, she arrived back at her home that looked more battered and wearier than ever. It's light blue paint was chipping and faded, muddy on the bottom. The grass looked wild, seeing as it was almost a foot in height. The roof was almost shingle-less, with only a few hanging onto it. After the driver got her bags off of the truck, Eve paid him and hurried on inside to escape from the chilling wind that suddenly started up.

She looked under the mat in front of her door to find that the spare key was gone. Eve cursed a few times under her breath and lugged her bags to the back of the house to see if there was another spot where it could be hiding. She searched in the planters and under them, not finding the key in the end.

"Crap, how am I going to get in?" She mumbled.

There was a clap of thunder and the graying sky lit up with a streak of lightning. Eve groaned in frustration and began to pick up all her suitcases and putting them onto the back porch so they would remain untouched by the falling drops of water.

On the ground she noticed a large rock that was the size of her fist, maybe a bit bigger. She didn't want to, however she didn't know how she would get in otherwise. Eve put her black hood up to protect her from the rain, and grabbed it from the muddy ground. She walked towards the side of the house where the larger windows were, and wound her arm back.

Eve took a breath to calm her nerves before catapulting the rock forwards with speed. It hit the window directly in the middle and the rest of it came crashing down with ease. Eve got a running start towards her house, seeing as it was elevated about three feet, and jumped up and into the window frame. She pulled herself forward and fell onto the shards of broken glass, scraping her knees and getting a few small cuts on her palms.

"Shit," She muttered, getting up from the ground and shaking herself free of any shards that were still on her.

Eve walked to the back door of the house and unlocked it, grabbing all of her belongings and hustling up the stairs with them. She walked into her room to find that nothing had changed about it. The only thing that was new was the amount of dust and cobwebs that were all around.

"Who are you?"

Eve jumped, screaming in surprise and fear of who was behind her. She spun around quickly, falling on her butt due to lack of balance and stared up at the boy.

He was dark skinned with a height much taller than her own, his dark brown eyes looked warm and inviting, his large lips looked irresistible and she wanted to do nothing but kiss them, and his black hair was cropped messily.

Eve's heart raced in her body, her mind went fuzzy and blank, her limbs now numb and useless. What was wrong with her? She couldn't remember being this awestruck since that boy helped her back when she was still at La Push High School.

It clicked. This was the boy, however, he was more mature now than before. His body had grown, his muscles were toned, and his new found masculinity was a bit of a turn on in Eve's eyes.

"Who are you?" Eve questioned, finally finding her voice.

He chuckled. "I asked first."

"Evangeline Blair, Darla Blair's daughter." She responded. "You?"

"Jacob Black."

"So... what are you... what are you doing here?"

Jacob extended his arm out and helped Eve to her feet, as he took back his hand, he noticed a few smears of blood on his hand. He looked at hers to find it was scratched up a bit.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" Eve apologized quickly as soon as she noticed his hand.

"Come with me." Jacob ordered, taking her hand in his and leading her back down the stairs and into the kitchen.

He began to rummage through out the many cabinets and Eve could only assume he was looking for a first aid kit.

"The last cabinet on the left." She stated.

Jacob looked at her oddly before walking to the same cabinet and opening it to find the white box with "FIRST AID" written on it. He took it out and walked back over to her, setting it on the table. He motioned for her to sit on the table and she did so slowly.

He took her hand delicately in his and began to disinfect it, soon wrapping it up in a wad of bandages.

"You still haven't answered my question." Eve pointed out.

Jacob chuckled to himself. "I was driving with my dad and we saw you throwing a rock through the window and go jumping through it. My dad knows your mom so we stopped to see what was going on." He answered. "He thought you were a burglar or something."

Eve laughed along with Jacob, and when she heard it, she felt everything turn up. Their laughter together sounded so harmonious that it made the pain in her palm become nonexistent.

"So what are you doing here?" Jacob inquired.

Eve's smile faltered, soon disappearing from her face. Eve was reminded of why she was here, she was reminded of reality. "I got a phone call saying my mom was in the hospital." She replied.

"Oh," Jacob looked down at the floor, ashamed he brought up something so depressing, ashamed he had made her smile go away. "We just left there."

"Would you take me?" She asked quickly, leaning forward. "I mean, would you please take me there?" She rephrased. "I don't know how to get there and I don't even have a ride."

Jacob nodded. "Sure, sure," Eve enveloped the boy in a hug, and she didn't even really know why, it was as if her body moved on its own. "I just have to drop my dad off at home." He said.

"Alright, that's fine, thanks so much." She grinned.

"When do you want me to pick you up?"

"Whenever is fine with you is fine with me." Eve shrugged her shoulders and ran a hand through her hair.

"How about thirty minutes?"

"Sounds good." She nodded eagerly, the smile growing bigger.

"Okay, I'll be back in a while."

Eve nodded and walked Jacob to the door, saying goodbye and telling him to drive safely. He gave her a warm smile before saying he'd be back as fast as he could, soon driving off in his car.

Eve closed the door as soon as he was out of sight and bit her lip, thinking about him, how he had captured her attention so easily, how he had made her so dumbfounded when she first saw him, and how he had made her heart race with such excitement and happiness with only a smile.

After getting over Jacob Black, Eve made her way up the stairs and into her old room. Eve dusted off her dressers and put her clothes away into the drawers, putting them away just like before she had left La Push. She opened up the window with force, it was so old it squealed loudly as it opened, and let the misty air inside her room.

Eve's phone began to ring and she got it out from her pocket. She gave a slight grimace when she read who it was calling her, but answered it nonetheless, putting it up to her ear.

"Hello Jesse," She greeted in a fake, lively tone.

"Hey Eve," He responded in his smooth voice, Eve could just see his smirk on his lips. "Are you busy tomorrow, I was thinking we could go out to eat at that new restaurant on Sunset Boulevard and then go shopping on Rodeo Drive." He posed it as more of a statement than a question, and Eve became flustered.

"No, sorry, I can't." She answered. "I'm busy visiting family."

"Family? All your family is here in Beverly Hills, babe. What are you talking about?"

"It's complicated, Jesse." She sighed, rubbing her temple tiredly as a headache came about. "Listen, I'll talk to you later, alright? Bye." Eve closed her phone and rolled her eyes.

She really needed to dump her boyfriend...
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay, a new chapter(:
I hope you enjoyed it and...
Eve has a boyfriend? Oh my...(;
Also, thank you to Fighting.An.Eclipse for her comment. Thank you! :D

Comment and I'll love you forever! <3