Status: Fin.

Just the Way You Are

Eight

Eve stared at Jesse in pure disbelief. What was he doing here? How did he even know where here was? She knew she didn't give him any indication about her where she was besides the fact it was a small town, and even then there was obviously not enough information to make a confident decision. So what was he doing here...?

"Oh, Eve," He smiled, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her into him and crashing his lips down upon her own. "Damn, I've missed you, babe."

"Um, Jes... Jesse, what are you doing here?" She repeated.

"I'll explain inside, Eve." He smiled and Eve walked backwards into the house, not looking at anything besides Jesse's dark brown orbs.

Now that she thought of it, they looked exactly like Jacob's. Everything about him reminded her of Jacob, though there were a few distinct differences, the biggest being the demeanor she got. With Jesse, she got an unloving, and cold feel about him, while with Jacob it was the exact opposite.

They sat down upon the white love seat and Eve's eyes darted everywhere, still not believing this was actually happening.

"Well, I—" Jesse began.

"Wait, how did you even know where I was?" Eve interrupted him.

"Your dad gave me the address. Now, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted, which can be made up with a kiss by the way." He winked at her and leaned forward, kissing Eve's lips as she stayed still like a statue. "When I called you, and we had our fight on the phone... it hit me. I was losing you, Eve." He whispered. "I was losing you and doing absolutely nothing to stop you from slipping out of my fingers." His hands grabbed Eve's and she stared at them, soon looking back up at Jesse. "I don't want to lose you, Eve. You're amazing, and I think all the fame we have is... well, the cause of it."

"Jesse, we both know that your want for me is purely for the fame. You don't love me." Jesse's grin faltered and panic swept over him. He needed to make up another story to make sure they stayed a couple, to make sure that he would remain by her side in the limelight. "Maybe you did in the beginning of this relationship, but you don't anymore."

Jesse smirked inwardly, he may have just found his answer. "Eve, I do love you. You're right though, it was stronger in the beginning of our relationship." He paused and let the acting lessons he was currently taking shine through. "I just want... I just want another shot. I want to try and make this work. I want to show you how much I love you, really." Fake tears swelled in Jesse's eyes, and he knew that he was winning her over when Eve began to look away from him. "Like you said, there's no paparazzi here to ruin it for us. Eve we can make this work out for us, we can fix it, clean it up. Then, it'll be better and we'll love each other even more than we did before. Please... let's try it, Eve."

Eve was ready to have a mental breakdown. If Jesse really loved her, shouldn't his love remained constant throughout their relationship, not fade out when the paparazzi came along? However... didn't everyone deserve to be given the benefit of the doubt...?

"Fine Jesse, we'll try to work this out." Eve replied shakily, not sure if her choice was the right one or not.

No going back now... Eve thought.

"Eve, I'm so glad," He grinned, enveloping her in a hug. He pulled her body into his lap and began to kiss her fiercely. "You won't regret it, babe."

"Were you staying in a hotel?"

"Well I thought that I could bunk with you tonight, babe." He replied, wrapping his arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him.

"Oh, cause I'm not staying here right now. I'm sleeping over at a friend's."

"Who?" He inquired, not sounding at all interested.

"His name is Jacob."

"Jacob?" He looked at her accusingly. "Are you cheating on me, Eve?"

"No...! No... I'd never cheat on anyone." She answered. "It's just that he didn't want me to stay here when that window was open. Anyone could come inside the house."

"Oh..." Jesse left a kiss on the top of her forehead. "Well, let's go get your things and then come back here." He stood up and extended his hand out for her to take. "I'll protect you from anything." He smirked, trying to act brave but instead came off as cocky, a trait that Eve wasn't too fond of.

Eve didn't want to do that. She'd rather tell Jesse to go to a nearby motel and go back to Jacob's home alone, though she knew that she couldn't do that for two reasons. One, Jesse would make it out to be a bigger deal that it was, claiming that she was cheating on him and go spreading gossip around the tabloids, and two, well... there really weren't any nearby motels in La Push anyways.

Jesse guided Eve out of the house and towards his Cadillac CTS Coupe that was parked beside the Yukon. They got inside the vehicle and Eve told him the way to Jacob's. Within minutes, they pulled up to the property and got out, walking towards the front door.

Eve knocked on the door, not feeling comfortable enough to simply walk on in and Jacob answered it, his grin on his lips until he saw Jesse beside Eve. It was a mixture of jealousy and hurt as he saw the guy's arm wrapped around Eve's waist, something that he should be doing. Jesse noticed Jacob's slight reaction and then brought Eve closer to him, kissing the side of her face tenderly, trying to get even more of a rise out of Jacob. Jacob had to think of something else, about the other times he and Eve were alone, to not shift in front of them and tear Jesse to shreds, however, he so dearly wanted to punch his lights out.

"Hey Jake," Eve's soft and warm voice fell upon Jacob's ears delicately, and Jacob's mood was calmed down almost immediately. "Jake, this is Jesse Worth... my boyfriend." The "B" word cut Jacob up nastily inside and he knew that he'd rather be stabbed with a million blades than hear her refer to this guy as her boyfriend. "Jesse, this is Jacob Black, a really good friend of mine."

That's all I am to her... Jacob thought, filled to the brim with disappointment. Only a friend...

"Nice to meet you, Jacob, any friend of Eve's is a friend of mine." Jesse stated, extending his hand out for Jacob to shake.

Jacob had never met such a repulsive human before. Jacob was feeling so much hatred for him that it was almost as bad as a leech. Jacob grabbed his hand firmly, a bit too much perhaps, and shook it stiffly. "Nice to meet you, too." He grumbled back in response.

"Jake," His head snapped up to see Eve's warm, honey globes staring into his dark chocolate ones and his anger seemed to melt away, leaving him calm and content. "I'm here to get my clothes. Jesse and I are going to be over at my house now."

"Why doesn't he just stay at a motel?" Jacob inquired, his voice raspy and annoyed.

"Jake..." Eve sighed, holding back a smile. "I can't do that to him."

"Oh I'm sure you could." Jacob mumbled under his breath, so low they couldn't hear him as he stepped to the side to let them inside the house.

Eve and Jesse walked in, and headed down the hallway into the room Eve had been occupying. Eve packed up all her belongings and was soon walked back towards the door to leave.

"C'mon, Eve." Jesse ordered, tugging on her wrist to follow him out of the house.

"Here, take my luggage and put it into the trunk, Jesse." She said, handing him the suitcase.

"Fine," He dramatically sighed, groaning as he walked out.

"I'm really sorry about him." Eve apologized to Jacob who had remained at the door's side the entire time. "He definitely has his moments."

"Whatever," Jacob mumbled.

Eve gave him a weak smile before standing on her tip toes and hugging him tightly. "Thank you so much for everything, Jake, you're incredible, I swear." She chuckled. "I'm really glad I met you."

Jacob smiled, soon letting his arms wrap themselves around Eve's waist, nice and snug. Jacob could only hope that Pretty Boy over there was getting a good look. He smirked into Eve's luscious dark brown hair as he heard the car honk loudly.

"Eve, c'mon!"

Eve pulled away and smiled up at Jacob. "And Jake, I really would like for you to continue taking me to visit my mom if that's alright with you."

He grinned before nodding slightly. "Just call me whenever you want and I'll be there."

Eve nodded enthusiastically before once again hugging him. "And just so you know, I thought about that whole 'motel' idea before we even came here." She whispered into his ear lightly.

Jacob held her tightly to his body, letting out a loud laugh. Jesse honked the car's horn once more and Eve groaned quietly.

"I better go before he has a hissy fit." She said. "I'll call you tomorrow morning or something. Maybe I'll drop by. I don't know, we'll see what happens." She shrugged her shoulders, slowly walking out of the house. "Bye Jake."

"Bye Eve, see ya."

Jacob didn't let his eyes tear away from Eve's frame as she got into the car. Jesse, who was driving, backed out and onto the street at at least thirty miles an hour and floored it out of there. Jacob couldn't help but smirk victoriously. He knew that he was intimidating Jesse.

"What's the rush?" Eve questioned.

"Well sorry, but I don't like it when guys hit on my girl."

"Two things. One, Jake wasn't hitting on me, and two, don't refer to me as 'your girl'. That's old and really rude, I'm not some item that someone can just call as their own."

Jesse sighed. "Sorry, babe, I just get really jealous sometimes. I just don't want to lose you to someone else."

"Don't worry Jesse, I'm not seeing Jake. And I would never cheat on you."

Jesse smiled and pulled her into his body, his arm wrapped around her shoulders as he kissed the top of her head. "Love you, Eve."

"Mhm," Eve mumbled, acting tired so she wouldn't have to say it back.

I hope that what I just said won't come back and bite me in the ass. Eve thought, remembering what her mom, Darla, always said about that word...

"Never say never."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry that this took more than a week to get out. I've been so busy with typing my Senior Project, I've had hardly any time. :(
So please, please, please forgive me for that!

I'd like to thank the following people for commenting:
teenagedream91
sporteegurl
TRENYCE295
AshleyxTwilightx
bloodravyn
Fighting.An.Eclipse
cookiepirate09
Lachen Immer
Masked Angel

Thanks for commenting, you're all amazing!
I hope that you enjoyed this update and will forgive me for my lateness! (:
Please comment if you can! Thanks!