Status: This is no longer being updated because I am doing a complete rewrite. Read A/N at the bottom of chapter 20 to find out a little more.

Lost & Found Book 1

Chapter 1 Failure

I walked to Burnsberry High wondering it the dream I had was just that... or was it something more?

"Carmen!"

I spun around and saw Spade running towards me, waving. Standing five-eleven, a strand of his dirty-blond hair fell in front of his forest green eyes.

"Hey, whats up?" I asked, smiling.

"Ya know, Sherrie just tired to recruit you, right?"

"Sherrie? Who's she?"

"The head of the drop dead ugly as sin cheer-leading squad."

"Isn't she the one I embarrassed?"

Apparently she was because when she heard me say that she tried to dump a garbage can full of stagnant garbage water on my head. She got it on herself instead. She shrieked. I turned around and took in the sight of a five foot four girl wearing a white silk dress. Her blue eyes staring daggers at me as the tips of her bleached-blonde hair dripped with foul smelling water.

"YOU RUINED MY RARE SILK DRESS! Your going to pay for that newbie!" she said rancidly.

"Yeah? Last I heard your daddy had enough money to buy a hundred of those and still have money left over to buy a country."

"Bitch, what you fail to realize is that this dress is not only one-hundred dollars, but it's also rare."

"Then you shouldn't have worn it to school street hooker," I so loved to proclaim with a flip of my hair. I spun and walked haughtily away before I got slapped.

"What happened to her royal bitchiness?" Shina asked, coming from one of the side streets with Kyla not too far behind. Kyla stood five foot five and had dark brown hair, her blue eyes scanning the area cautiously.

"Can't you tell?" Kyla asked, taking in the scene behind me, "She got sewage dumped on her."

Me, Shina and Kyla high fived each other.

"Ugh, girls." Spade retorted.

I rolled my eyes.

"So what're we gonna do now? Ditch?" Kyla asked.

"Naw, I gotta get my grades up, or my sister is gonna make me play school with her," Spade said.

We all heard the first bell ring.

"Then let's go, we better stick together... who knows what might happen," Shina said walking towards the gates.

>>>>At Lunch<<<<

"Grrrr! Why is it that we return to school and I can't get sent to detention? Worse than that I have to put up with Sherrie's loud mouth! UGH! Did you hear the rumors?" I fumed.

"Settle down Carm," Spade said holding his hands up.

"No! She started the newest rumor that you and Shina are dating! NO!" His eyes widened with surprise.

"What's wrong with that?" Shina asked, placing her lunch tray down, before pushing a stray piece of her dyed blue hair behind her ear with her carmel eyes sparkling mischievously. She was known for crushing on every good looking guy in the school.

"EVERYTHING!" Spade and I exclaimed in unison. I looked over at him and he was blushing faintly and looking at his lunch. I smirked.

"That's nothing, I got partnered up with Becky in Chem Lab," Kyla spat as she put her lunch-box down. "Seriously she needs some deo for the bio."

"Yick, dang. And you thought I had it rough," Shina said.

We all laughed.

"I can't but have the nagging feeling that something's going to go down," I said worried.

"Oh, don't we all kiddo. Don't we all." Shina replied.

Spade whispered something to Kyla and she laughed, then she whispered what she heard to Shina while Spade whispered to me. "Check out Sherrie, they made her wear the un-mandatory uniform."

I snuck a peek and had to stifle my laughter because she was trying to stare me down.

She marched over and stated loud enough for the entire cafeteria to hear, "Thanks to you I have to wear this ugly uniform."

"Moi? I'm sorry, I didn't hold the garbage can over your head, YOU did." I said placing a hand over my heart, then pointing a finger at her.

She tensed up and muttered, "Bitch."

I raised my eyebrow and said, "Look at the pot calling the kettle black. I'm not on all fours for a good part of the day begging to get what I want. I work for what I want. You don't." I stated folding my arms. She looked ready to rip someone's throat out. Instead she turned around and walked away. Spade, Kyla and Shina tried their hardest to keep a straight face but ended up failing.

"WOW. I have have never seen her back down. Even from the truth!" Spade cried laughing. I smirked and looked over at him, putting my hand on his shoulder. He stiffened slightly but then relaxed.

"There's a first for everything," I said taking my hand back so I could finish eating.

"Ain't that the truth," Shina said before downing the last of her water. I had just gotten in the last bite of my sandwich before the loudspeaker sounded. Wincing at the loud beep I heard the secretary call for Sherrie to go to the office. Our eyes widened after the announcement.

"Hope she got caught in the closet." Spade retorted before he stuffed the last bite of his salad into his mouth. I nodded in agreement. Then the bell rang.

"Dammit. Oh well." I said, getting up from my seat to go to class.

"See ya after school," Spade said, glancing up at me before he got up to throw out his trash.

"See ya."
♠ ♠ ♠
Re-doing how all this is done...

--Update 9/11--
Made more changes and added a lot more to the chapters so I'm editing each chapter... isn't a whole lot of fun, but at least I'm out of a writer's block for now... I am mostly on Wattpad now so ya'll will probably have a better chance of seeing updates from me on there since *does a smile happy dance grinning* I can now add chapters through their app ^.^

1/2/13---
New edits on chap 4 with complete edits... let me know if ya like it... :)