‹ Prequel: Rooftops

On The Wall

the irony of the situation did not escape him for a second

Sitting on the wall Noah cast a careful eye over the street below him. Unnoticed by most, he sat still and stared across the street at the house on the other side of the road. Inside that house Sam was still there, living his lie without Noah. Sam would be happy now without him, his life would have moved on and Noah would be all but erased from his memory. The sun shone weakly down on the car in the drive and warmed Noah slightly as he huddled into his hoodie.

The front door closed loudly and swung on it's hinges, but Noah's attention was caught by the man who stood by the car, looking over to him like a deer frozen in headlights. His hair was still cut short with a long fringe across his forehead and he was wearing the sneakers Noah bought him for his birthday seven months ago. Sam hadn't changed a bit. His face was may be a little wearier after three months and he looked more haggard with the stubble on his chin.

The eyes which met his were sharp and piercing with unsaid accusations - "you left me", "you abandoned our life together with a note" - but the slam of the car door as he stormed over said it all. Sam crossed the road without much more than a glance and came to halt at the base of the wall angrily; arms folded.

"You're back." The voice was flat and toneless, said listlessly as the man below him glared up at Noah. "What'd you forget?"

Noah's throat tightened something fierce, and he couldn't push the words out of his mouth for the longest time. For all the speeches he'd planned out, he answered bluntly and inelegantly.

"You," he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments, reviews & whoring are all accepted as forms of payment. I believe this is the end of Noah and Sam's story. (: Hope you all enjoyed it.