Destinere

Morning for the mourner.

Waking up in the morning is hard for anyone. No one wants to go to school or work. We all just want to lay in our warm beds, savoring the sweet serenity that we have during the morning.

Or in my case, facing reality is just too difficult.

The reality that you'll have to grow up with one less person in your life. Of filling in a role you didn't think you'd have to play. Reality of knowing that things would never be the same. That no matter how hard you wished, you couldn't change anything.
And it sucked...

I sighed and rolled over on my dad's bed.
Today, I thought. I will have to be the adult and figure things out.

"Kelsie?" I turn my head towards to the door to see my dad standing there, bed hair and all.

"Yea?" I whispered quietly trying not to disturb Daniel.

"Come eat breakfast," he turned around and left.
I shivered from the sudden coldness that greeted me as I reluctantly climbed out of bed.

"I spent all morning cooking and cleaning," my dad called out as the sudden smell of french toast and bacon filled the air around me.

My stomach started growling as I realized how hungry I really was.

"How long have I been asleep?" I asked, sitting down on the table.

"A week," he said.

"What?!"

"I'm kidding, Kelsie. Don't worry about anything. Eat." He said nodding towards the food he put in front of me.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked as I started eating.

Dad sighed, "I don't know. I've been thinking about this all night. This town, it's going to take a toll on you guys--you don't need that. The people here...they won't be the same with you guys. Right now you and Daniel need something stable. Something real. Maybe...maybe moving is the best idea."

I stopped eating and stared at him.

Was the man crazy? How could he possibly think that's the right thing?! Leave the town mom grew up in! Sale the house where she lived in and loved us so much? He was insane!
He was grief stricken! He has no idea what he is saying!
I thought.

Maybe he's right. Some sane part of my head reasoned, maybe this is what's best for you and Daniel. Get out of this town. Start fresh. Maybe forget everything that happened.

But how could we do that? How could we possibly leave such sweet memories behind? Leave behind our friends, and school. How could we leave...mom?

We couldn't.

"Dad," I said quietly. "We can't do that. I don't know what has gotten into you but we're not leaving. Ever."

"Kel, I know it's hard to start over. Especially after...after events such as these. But it's better to leave. Refresh your mind." He reasoned.

"We are not leaving! I don't care what good you think it'll do! You're wrong! It won't do any good if we're gone from mom!" I ran out of the kitchen and into my room before he could see the tears in my eyes.

He will not see me break again...

So much for being the adult.
----

I was falling.

Everything was in perfect detail. The rocky cliff above me, the dark trees on the ground, the dead plants that were growing from the cracks on the cliff. It was odd how clear everything was. It wasn't like those falling dreams were you woke up right away. It was slower...almost peaceful.

So I was surprised when I stopped falling. And Roland Bropes floated above me.

"Would you like to see your mother?"

"Yes..." I whispered as he slashed my arm.


I was woken up by hitting the floor face first. Let me tell you, it is not the nicest way to wake up.
"Kelsie! You're bleeding!"

I looked up to see Daniel standing in the doorway of my room.

"What are you doing?" I asked getting off the floor.

"I came looking for you. Kellie your arm," he looked stressed.

I looked down to find a big red gash on my forearm.

"Crap. I'm going to need stitches. Hey buddy, go tell dad I fell on something and we need to go to the hospital." I said.

As he ran to find my dad I looked at the cut. I don't know how it happened. Maybe I cut myself on something when I fell.

Then I remembered the dream.

There's something wrong with me... I thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh hey there! So I'm back!
Crappy chapter, I'm sorry. I'm trying to get the creative juices flowing again, so this isn't my best.
Don't worry, it'll get better. I promise. :D
Comment, subscribe, spread the word. ♥
P.S. If you find mistakes message me please! Thanks.