Status: A Brian Haner Jr Story. Active. Working on an update.

She's the Drug That I Need

Chapter 21

“Are we really going to do this?” Brian asked as he lay on his bed, staring up at the ceiling with Pinkly curled up at his side, the phone to his ear.

“I want to. Do you?” Sarah asked on the other end of the phone.
Brian sighed, “You know I do. I love you. I just don’t want to hurt Mel and I know you don’t want to hurt Seth.”

“I know, I don’t want to hurt either of them neither, but I can’t be with Seth anymore. I’m going to end up hurting him more in the long run if I stay with him when I don’t love him the way I should love my husband.” Sarah said.

“So we’re going to tell them both. Tell them the truth, that we love them, but love each other more and want to be together.” Brian stated as he scratched behind Pinkly’s ear.

“Yeah.” Sarah said with a long exhale. “But um, I’m not going to tell Seth yet.”

“Why? I thought you wanted this…” Brian asked abruptly sitting up.

“Babe calm down, I can’t leave him yet, it’s in the contract I signed before we got married.” She began to explain.

“He got you to sign a pre-nup?” he asked shocked.

“No, not exactly and Seth actually knows nothing about it. It was his father.” Sarah told him. “He’s never liked me, even before Seth and I were a couple and he certainly never trusted me. He’s been convinced from the start that I’m a gold digger only wanting to be with Seth for his money, so naturally he wanted the family assets protected when we got married. Seth’s dad worked hard his entire life to build up the businesses he owns not to mention the three bars that Seth now owns and runs.”

“But Seth trusted you, never doubted that you loved him and weren’t after his money?” Brian replied.

“Seth’s loved me from the moment I walked into the bar looking for a job, he’s admitted that a number of times. In all honesty I don’t think he would have minded if I was with him for his money.” She explained. “And as I said, Peter has never really liked me and has been even more suspicious of me since you arrived back on the scene. He’s been convinced since the moment he found out you’d been in contact that we would end up together, and the day before the wedding he turned up and asked me to sign the contract.”

“So what exactly does this contract state?” Brian asked intrigued.

Taking a deep breath Sarah began to explain. “He wanted me gone; he didn’t want me marrying Seth at all so he turned up and offered me money, a lot of money to leave. But I wouldn’t take it. he got angry, accusing me of only wanting to marry him for his money. I swore on Jenni’s life that I wasn’t, that I actually loved Seth and wanted to be with him. so he wanted me to prove it. he told me that if I really loved him that I would stay married to him for at least a year; but if I couldn’t he said he would report me to Social Services and have Jenni taken away-“

“What? He can’t fucking do that!” Brian yelled suddenly.

“I tried telling him that, but with all his money and the businesses he owns, over the years he’s become a very influential man. He has friends in high places so if he wants people to believe that I’m a bad mother he would make it happen some how. I’m not willing to take that risk, so as much as I want to I can’t leave Seth yet, I can’t loose my daughter.” Sarah sniffled quietly.

“Okay babe, okay, you won’t lose her. We’ll keep quiet for a while longer. It’s okay.” Brian said getting up off the bed and picking up Pinkly in his free hand before walking out and down the stairs towards the living room.

“Thanks babe, I knew you’d understand. I’m sorry.” Sarah replied with a small smile.

“It’s okay, it just means sneaking around for a little while longer is all.” He replied quietly as he slowly got off the bed and headed out of his room and down the stairs to the kitchen.

“I love you Brian.” she said quietly.

“Love you too.” he replied with a smile, taking a beer out of the fridge. “I’ll see you tomorrow, about noon okay?”

“Yeah that’ll be fine, Seth’s in work all day and Jenni’s got a play date with Samantha.” She replied. “She’ll be gone for a good couple of hours.”

Brian couldn’t help but smirk as he took a sip of the ice cool beer. “Hmm, imagine all the fun we could have in that time.” He turned, stopping abruptly, lowering the beer from his lips. “I’ve got to go.”

“Baby, you okay?” Sarah asked noticing the sudden change in his tone of voice.

“Yeah, Jimmy’s here.” He replied.

“Okay. I’ll see you tomorrow.” she said calmly.

“Yeah. Bye.” He said hanging up the phone.

“Dude, do I have to punch you again?” Jimmy said before Brian could say another word.

“Why would you do that?” Brian asked with a casual shrug of his shoulders.

“Come off it man, I wasn’t born yesterday, that was her on the phone wasn’t it.” Jimmy said loudly. “Don’t even bother try lying to me!” he warned as Brian began to shake his head.

“Okay, yes it was, but is that such a bad thing? She is the mother of my daughter after all.” Brian defended.

“If I thought for just one second that you were only talking to her because of Jenni I wouldn’t give two fucks. But you weren’t were you. You were arranging to meet up with her, and only her.” Jimmy retorted.

“What makes you think that?” Brian asked lifting the bottle up to his lips again.

“Because I heard you.” Jimmy spat. “You told me you weren’t gonna hurt Mel.”

“I’m not. I’m ending things with her. Sarah and I are going to be together.” Brian told him.

“Seriously?” Jimmy asked taken aback by his response.

“Yeah, we love each other and the three of us are going to be a family together properly.” Jimmy shook his head.

“I’ll believe that when it happens.” He said with a shake of his head as he turned and left, slamming the front door behind him.

*~*

Brian sighed in relief as he pulled up into his empty drive way, knowing that Mel wasn’t home yet. it wouldn’t be long before she would be home, but at least he’d have time to have a shower first. He made his way into the house and was followed up stairs by Pinkly, who sat on the bathroom mat while Brian stripped and stepped into the shower. He grabbed the soap and began to wash the smell of sex with Sarah off his body, going over his body twice before rinsing. He stayed under the hot spray for a long while, wanting to make sure that there was no remnants of sex on his body.

“Babe?” his eyes shot open as he heard Melissa’s voice.

“In here.” He called back, turning to shut off the water before reaching to grab a towel. “Good day?”

“Just the usual, you?” she asked walking into the bathroom as he wrapped the towel around his waist.

“The usual.” He replied with a small smile as she stepped forward to peck her lips against his.

“I’ve been thinking about my birthday at the end of the month though.” She said with a smile, turning and heading back out into the bedroom.

“Yeah?” Brian replied following her.

“Yeah, I was thinking about maybe having a party, here, if that’s okay?” she said as she began to strip out of her work clothes.

“Of course that’s okay, if that’s what you want.” Brian said, drying his hair with a smaller towel.

“Yeah, I thought we could have all the guys over, a few of my other friends so that they can all get to know each other better. We could even invite Sarah, Seth and Jenni if you want?” she explained.

“Yeah?” Brian asked trying to keep his voice level.

“Yeah, it’ll be nice to get to know them better too, I only get to see Sarah briefly when she’s dropping Jenni off or picking her up, and I can’t remember the last time I saw Seth.” She said with a smile as Brian began to nod.

“Okay, I’ll ask her when I see them Wednesday.” He replied taking a deep breath.

“Great. Now, how do you feel about having another shower?” she asked with a smirk, throwing her bra at him before stepping out of the matching thong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so if there is anyone still interested in reading this, firstly I would like to say thanks for sticking around. If you are interested in my other stories and have not seen my profile page or tumblr post, I have decided to put aside some time every weekend to write and I am going to work on one story at a time, starting with this one. Once this has finished I'm going to work on Give up Forever, then Scars and then Another Chance to live.

Once again, thanks for those of you who are sticking around despite the regular updates that you've grown to expect from me over the years.