A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Falling Apart At The Seams

“Why do you want to go away?” Pete said climbing onto my bed carefully so that I could snuggle up to him the best I could.

“It’s nothing, nevermind.” I said as he wiped my tears away.

“How are you here?” I asked confused. The last time I saw him he was unconscious, hurt, and carried up to his room before I went out of it myself.

“I heal fast.” Pete said shrugging his shoulders.

“I saw you. You couldn’t heal that fast.” I said touching his shirt.

“Ok, I am not fully healed but when I woke up I had to be here with you. I drank I do not know maybe all the blood supply back home which Brendon is not too thrilled about. The doctor that operated on you knows your mother however and I think he gave Brendon some to take back to wherever they are going to stay for the night tonight.” He said laughing thinking about Brendon.

“I want to see.” I said.

“Aren’t you going to tell me what happened to you?” He asked changing the subject.

I looked away. “I will show you but you have to tell me how you ended up stabbed when Sisky and I both saw you kill Beckett. He did not stab you. Someone else did. You were lucky this time, Amanda. You had to have your appendix removed, and a blood transfusion from all the blood you lost. It could have been much more severe.” Pete said scolding me.

“Where is Sisky?” I said changing the subject.

“Your mother kicked him out.” Pete replied looking a little too happy about that.

“Pete, what do you mean she kicked him out? He helped me save you.” I said trying to get out of bed.

“Easy there. You just had a major surgery.” Pete said making me lay back against him because the pain was too great for me to even attempt getting up at this moment.

“Where did he go?” I asked.

“I don’t know but if it makes you happy I will call Patrick. Him and Joe can locate him and bring him back here. They are experts at locating people, weapons, and everything else, you know.” Pete said looking at me.

“I have to thank him. He helped me. I think he has redeemed himself.” I said taking slower breaths from where I had tried to sit up, the pain was still catching me at times. I was on pain meds but they helped only a little.

“Amanda, there is something you should know. It pains me to tell you this because I cannot stand him but Sisky took up for me last night. Erelin overheard him tell your mother that he was the one who bit you when she saw the bite marks on your neck. That is why he is banned from seeing you.” Pete said.

“He really did that for me? I mean, uh, he did that for you?” I covered.

“I don’t care what you are thinking but I still think he is up to something.” Pete said clenching his fist.

“No, Pete. He did it because he knows how much I love you. He cares for me, yes, but seeing me happy makes him happy. I don’t think you have to worry about Sisky anymore.” I said smiling at what Sisky had done.

“So you still haven’t told me how you were stabbed.” Pete pressed.

“If you must know, my father did it.” I said shocking Pete.

“Is that the reason you told Sisky to take me out of there?” He asked concerned.

“Yes. I had a feeling that came over me. It was weird but I knew it was my father. It was his trap. He told Beckett where to take you. He knew I would come looking for you.” I said explaining.

“Why did you tell Sisky to leave then?” Pete demanded. “You knew what could happen.” He added.

“Yes, but I though I could handle it like I did with Beckett. You do not know what it was like or what I was feeling Pete. I am scared of what I am becoming. When I killed Beckett, I had this fire or rage in me that was bursting to come out. I naturally just took charge of the whole situation. I was not afraid to leave my friends behind to come find you. My father saw it as he watched me fight Beckett. I know his plans for me now. He is waiting for the right time to turn me into a vampire. He wants to use my energy to help him turn everyone who is human into a vampire. If he turns me, I will not be me. I will be a monster.” I said looking away from Pete.

“That is what you had the nightmare about?” Pete asked.

“Yes. I killed everyone. You staked me. You told me you did not love me anymore. Pete, I have to get away. I can’t let that happen.” I said as he pulled my chin towards his.

“I am not sending you away. I promise that I will not let him harm you. Besides you have too good of a heart to let him get to you. I will always love you.” He said kissing me.

“What if you can’t protect me? What if he turns me and I turn bad?” I ask pulling away from Pete. “Can you do it? Can you stake me so that I won’t hurt anyone?” I ask.

“I will do what I have to do if that time comes, but I promise you that you will never end up like your father. Just get some rest, now.” He said making me feel sleepy on top of the medicines that were finally kicking in. I felt him kiss my forehead and I snuggled closer to him before sleep took over.