A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

The New Girl On The Block

“Sam! I missed you so.” I heard Joe say running over to her and picking her up.

“Silly, I haven’t been gone that long.” She said kissing him. “Put me down now. I need to introduce her to everyone.” She said playfully smacking his shoulder.

“Amanda, this is Joe, my boyfriend.” She started out.

“Hi.” I said expecting a hand shake but to be pulled into a hug. “Sam I think he’s a keeper. He’s a hugger and you know what that means?” I whispered as Joe broke away giving me a look. Sam and I had pacts on what kind of man we wanted to date. If they were huggers you got more loving out of them.

“I will explain later, sweetie.” She said kissing him again. “I know you met Patrick and Andy.” She added.

“Yeah, about last night.” I started to say.

“We would like to apologize for scaring you. It was Pete’s fault.” Patrick said.

“Yes, it totally was his idea.” Andy chimed in.

“It’s alright.” I said laughing and hugging them as well.

“And this is my lovely girlfriend Jenny.” Patrick said.

“Hi.” Jenny said. “It is so nice to have more girls on our side. Someone has to keep these guys in line.” She said laughing.

“Yeah, especially this one.” I took it to be Chrissy said pointing to Andy.

“You must be Chrissy.” I said remembering all the names Pete told me of people I needed to meet.

“Hey!” Andy said. “I’m good.” He shot back.

“When he wants to be.” She whispered to me.

“I heard that.” Andy said picking her up and carrying her over his shoulders.

I saw her laughing so hard and yelling at him to put her down. But he carried her somewhere in this huge place away from us. I wish I had someone who loved me I can kid around with.

“Well, you met everyone.” I heard Pete say coming back down the stairs with Brendon.
“Sam, I think Brendon and I can handle it from here.” He added letting her and Joe run off together.

Patrick and Jenny went outside to take a walk somewhere. It was just me, Brendon, and Pete now. What a combination. I just couldn’t stop grinning.

“So you two don’t have girlfriends?” I asked with Brendon hitting Pete in the ribs. I already knew the answer but I wanted to hear it.

“No. But Brendon does like someone.” Pete said putting Brendon on the spot.

“Uh, I think you already know, Amanda.” Brendon said blushing again.

“Ok, I barely know you and you want me to be a buffer between you guys to hook up. Give me one reason I should help you out.” I said laughing.

“Because she is pretty and…” Brendon let out.

“Because she is pretty is not an answer. Wrong answer, I am not helping.” I said kidding. I looked at Pete who was rolling. I loved his laugh. It was so different and cute.

“What? Huh?” He got out.

“You heard me. Do you go by every girl’s looks, Brendon?” I said putting him more on the spot.

“No, I uh…thought that she might have a good personality as well. I mean she does hang around you. You are older than her so you seem to be a good influence to her.” He said trying to get on my good side.

“If I didn’t hassle you I wouldn’t help. I like you Brendon. Thanks for trying to suck up. You earned three brownie points.” I said laughing and cracking Pete a smile. He smiled too and then turned away when I saw.

“So you will help me ask her out?” Brendon said relieved.

“Yes, but if you hurt her in any way whether by breaking her heart, pissing her off, or biting her, then you answer to me. Erelin is my best friend but also like a sister to me. A younger sister; we are only three years apart. So, you hurt her, you answer to me.” I said.

“Got it.” He said. “Pete I think you can take it from here?” He asked quickly running away.

“I like that you have a smartass attitude. Someone needs to keep him on his toes.” Pete said smiling.

“Well, he hasn’t met Erelin yet.” I said laughing.

“You have a beautiful smile.” Pete said.

“Thanks. You do too.” I said turning red.

“Well, let me give you the tour then I will discuss our plans for tonight.” Pete said leading the way.

“I need to call her soon. I hope she doesn’t call my house.” I said.

“Amanda, I hope you will like it here. You don’t have to stay here after your dad is…” He trailed off.

“I know dead.” I said. “It’s just so hard to think about.” I said pulling the picture of mom, dad, and me out of my bag I was carrying. “This was me when I was sixteen. We all looked so happy.” I said showing him.

“I am sorry.” He said apologizing.

“Don’t keep apologizing for my dad’s mistakes. He isn’t my dad. His soul is gone when he was killed right?” I asked.

“Yes.” Pete replied.

“Well, you have a soul and you are the one I need to trust. You can’t blame yourself for this.” I said.

Pete looked at my neck and noticed I was wearing his necklace. He smiled. Then he looked sad again.

“Come on let me show you around.” He said changing the subject.

I could tell he wanted to tell me something but was afraid to. Hopefully soon he could trust me as much as I want to trust him. I just knew he was holding back on something.