A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Simple Truths

“What’s a matter?” Pete asked me a few hours later.

“Oh, I was just thinking.” I said quickly shutting my jewelry box.

“Why were you messing with your jewelry box?” Pete asked as he got up off my bed.

“I was just making sure I had put something up is all.” I said lying.

“You are lying to me. I can tell.” He said trying to open the box.

“Pete, no.” I said trying to grab his hand.

“Hey, isn’t this the first necklace I gave to you that you gave to Colin?” Pete asked as he finally opened up my jewelry box. “Why are you hiding it from me?” Pete asked hurt.

“Brendon found it back at the warehouse awhile back when we were trapped in my professor’s apartment. He thought Colin was still around somehow and left it. I have been thinking about him, Pete. It’s not in the way you think, though.” I said touching his cheek.

“I just want to know if he is alive or if he is a good vampire or a bad one. My father wanted some guy for me to be with remember? Maybe, he somehow survived the explosion and turned but either way I would like to know.” I said sighing.

“I understand.” Pete said kissing my forehead.

“Wait, you aren’t mad at me?” I asked.

“Why would I be mad at you? I am a little hurt that you chose to keep this from me but at least now I know.” He said pulling away from me and walking out of my room.

“So, who is up for a little slaying tonight?” Brendon said walking in my room after seeing Pete leave. “Wait, did I interrupt anything?” He asked.

“No. I just told him about the necklace and Colin may be alive.” I said.

“Come here.” He said giving me a hug. “Everything is going to be ok and we will eventually find out.” Brendon added making me feel a little better.

“I know. Brendon, can I tell you something?” I asked.

“Uh, yeah.” He replied.

“Promise me that you will not tell Erelin or anyone else.” I demanded.

“I can’t promise anything if it involves Erelin.” Brendon replied.

“Please?” I asked.

“I shall try. How is that?” He asked.

“I think its time that I tell you about my nightmares and what may happen tomorrow night. Pete wants to keep it quiet for Jenny and Patrick’s sake with their wedding but he is worried and in protective mode, I know.” I said.

“Well, what is it?” He asked as I shut my door.

“You might want to sit down for this.” I said motioning him to have a seat on my bed.