A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

We All Wear A Disguise

I told Brendon everything. I told him all of my fears. It was funny as how he used to be the one to tell me his fears about his relationship with Erelin and now here I was telling him mine over everything that has been going on in my life.

"Wow." Was all Brendon said.

"Wait, I don't get a lecture or anything?" I asked confused.

"What is there to lecture you about? Amanda you are letting your dreams and fears invade your life. What happened to that strong Amanda that kneed me when she first met me? You know that fighter Amanda, who doesn't take crap from anyone; where is she?" Brendon asked.

"Lost." I said sighing.

"Amanda, we won't let anything happen to you and if it does we know what we have to do. I promise you that Pete will do everything in his power to protect you. Maybe there is something that you are missing in your dreams. Why else would you have the same dream every night?" Brendon said.

"Maybe you are right." I said thinking that maybe I should analyze my dreams more. Maybe I was missing something.

"We all wear disguises sometimes whether we want to or not. You know if you were a vampire but of the good kind of course, I would probably be afraid of you." Brendon said smiling and catching me off guard.

"What? Wait ,what did you say?" I asked still trying to process it.

"You heard me." He grinned.

"Because you know I would kick your ass?" I said smiling.

"No, but because you and Pete would finally be happy and I mean truely happy and that would be scary." Brendon said laughing.

"Hey!" He said as I playfully hit his arm.

Maybe I would be happy if I was a vampire and with Pete. I mean, I know in my heart that he is the man I want to be with. I will continue to age while Pete stays the same and that scares me as well.

"Now, are you coming with Erelin and me to go slaying. I am up for a good hunt tonight." Brendon said walking over to my closet.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I am finding you a disguise. Here. This is perfect." He said placing a ball cap on my head. It was black and one that I used to wear alot in the summer.

I looked in the mirror and asked, "What's this going to do?"

"Duh, it is going to disguise you tonight." He said laughing.

"Right." I said laughing and rolling my eyes.