A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

That Old Feeling

"I am ready to go slaying." I said walking downstairs to see Pete and Erelin staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Since when do you wear hats?" Pete asked obviously never seeing me wear one.

"Since Brendon said I needed a disguise." I said laughing hard.

"Brendon, babe, you call wearing a hat a disguise?" Erelin asked and walking over to him.

"Yeah, it will help some." He replied.

"You don't know anything about hiding do you?" She laughed.

We went out slaying and had a decent night. Pete and I sort of stayed behind Erelin and Brendon to just think to ourselves. I looked up at the night sky and saw that the stars were out tonight. They were pretty and it was almost a full moon. Tomorrow night it would be full and perfect for Patrick and Jenny's wedding.

"Babe, what's wrong?" He asked wrapping his arms around me.

"Nothing." I said shivering.

"Here, put this on." He said handing me his black hoodie.

"Thanks." I said kissing him.

"Pete, look out!" I heard Brendon yell.

We were ambushed by six vampires. One of them grabbed me and I staked them. Pete wasn't so lucky. He was stabbed in his left shoulder but nothing too serious that a blood packet from home couldn't fix.

I ran over to Pete to see if he was ok. "Stay behind me." Pete said.

I nodded my head. I didn't stay long however. When Erelin, Brendon, and Pete both had one vampire each that they were fighting, I had a feeling come over me. One that I needed to investigate. When no one was looking, I snuck off into an alleyway with a stake in hand.