A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

A Familiar Scent

It was dark and quiet as I walked down the alley. It led to another street on the other end I was walking towards. There was one light off one of the buildings that make up the alley that guided my path. I saw something move, a figure of sorts in the darkness where the light didn't shine.

"Who is there?" I asked raising the stake in my hand. "You might not want to mess with me if you knew what was good for you. My father has plans for me tomorrow night and you don't want to mess with him." I said.

"Ha." I heard a voice say behind me now. I turned around but saw no one.

"I mean it. I have a stake and I know how to use it!" I snapped.

"I know what your father wants too. He wants his lovely daughter to become like him and marry a vampire of his choosing." The vampire said close to me but I could not see him.

"Show yourself." I demanded.

"You will see me soon. If I was your boyfriend, I wouldn't let you out of my sight tomorrow evening. But then again, you know what is going to happen to you. You have known for quite some time and there is nothing that your friends can do about it. If I were you, I would fight with everything until my last dying breath." The vampire said whispering in my ear now as I was temporarily paralyzed to move. It was as if I was in a fog.

"Amanda!" I heard Erelin, Pete, and Brendon call for me.

"Your friends are waiting." The voice said as I snapped back to myself. I called for Pete and the others but as I turned back around to leave the alley the way in the direction I had came, I caught an old familiar scent. It was one I knew too well. It was a cologne that only one of my ex's used to wear. It belonged to Colin.