A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Forever

I was silent on the car ride home. Pete, Erelin, and Brendon were all yelling at me, wanting me to explain to them why I ran off away from the group and what happened to me in the alley. I managed to tune them out and headed up to my room once we made it back home. I shut and locked my door. I wanted to be left alone to think for myself.

Colin is alive. He is a vampire, but he is alive. Now the question that remains is if he is good or not. My father wanted a suitor for me and he wants me to help him take over the rest of the city once I am turned if he turns me. Colin survived the blast because he was taken and turned.

My father wanted Colin all along to be my suitor once he learned that Pete was good. I seem to think better and analyze things when I am alone and don't have people yelling and screaming at me for answers I don't have yet. The thing is though, Colin started out working for my father as a human but he went crazy. I managed to get through to him and he let me and my friends go.

As we escaped so did my father with an unconcious Colin because he didn't have enough time to turn him before the blast went off. Once he had been turned he must have assumed that I would come back to the blast to look for clues. When I wasn't there and he saw my friends at the warehouse that one night, he must have left that necklace for Brendon to find to let me know he was alive.

If Colin really wanted to hurt me and make me his, he could have bitten me and gotten it over with in the alley tonight. Therefore, I don't think he is bad. I think he is working for my father but pretending to be bad. Then again, I could be all wrong and he was only toying with me knowing I would be his tomorrow night anyhow. Either way, I won't be anyone's bride or vampire daughter. I will fight as I take my last breath.

I am not going to run anymore. Pete can't always protect me and neither can my friends. Colin is right on how this is going to end and only I can help end things. I know how to stop this and it is all locked in my head. Dreaming tonight is my only solution. I have to figure things out. Everyone's lives depend on it.

I walked over to my door and leaned up against it. Pete was on the other side sitting on the floor against his side of the door. I had tuned out his banging and him demanding me to open the door after I had shut and locked it. It was always funny how sometimes I refused to do what he wanted me to do when he thought he could control me.

"Amanda, are you going to let me in?" He asked in my thoughts.

"No." I replied.

"Why won't you talk to me?" He asked.

"Because you want to yell at me for tonight. I know that you are worried about me. I just need to think on my own sometimes instead of people yelling and telling me what to do." I replied.

"It is my life we are talking about here that something is going to happen to tomorrow. I just want to enjoy what is left of tonight." I said as I turned around and placed one hand on the door. I know he was doing the same.

"I just want to keep you safe." He replied.

"I know." I said in my thoughts.

"Please let me in?" He asked again.

I got up and opened the door. Pete walked in locking the door behind him. Then he approached me and I pulled his bangs out of his right eye.

"I am sorry." He said. "I just...started this thinking with my head, this revenge. Then my heart started doing all of the talking and I fell for you. Now, it is my mission to protect you, body and soul. I can't lose that. I can't lose you. I love you too much to let that go." He replied.

I looked into his sad eyes and began to kiss him. He gently pushed me back to the bed. I grabbed his shirt and proceeded to take it off.

"Let's just spend tonight together. No worries or fighting." I said as I climbed back onto the bed.

"Promise." He replied as he took off my shirt.

"I want to remember this night forever. I love you always no matter what may happen to me tomorrow night." I whispered in his ear.

"Love me forever. Do you love me enough to be with me forever?" He asked.

"I do." I said nodding my head and finally understanding something.