A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

An Unexpected Proposal

It was after five now and I was getting ready for tonight. I heard a knock on my door. I knew who it was and I smiled.

"Come in." I replied as I was fixing my hair. I had pulled it up in a half ponytail and had curled the ends.

"Wow, you look...breathtaking." Pete said once he walked in.

"Thank you." I said walking over to him and kissing him on the lips.

"Will you zip me up?" I asked as he gulped.

"Can we skip the wedding and just have dessert?" Pete whispered in my ear.

"No." I said laughing before I let out a slight moan as he kissed my neck while he zipped my dress up.

"You are very naughty, Mr Wentz." I said turning to face him. The color dress I chose was a maroon color.

"Here let me help you fasten that." Pete said taking my mother's pearls as I held my hair up for him to see.

"Thank you." I said.

"I don't think I have ever seen you wear a suit." I said enjoying him in it.

"I don't wear them that often. Come on, you should know me by now, Mrs. Wentz. I am a jeans and hoodie kind of guy." Pete laughed.

"Mrs. Wentz. I like the sound of that." I smiled.

"Oh, that reminds me. I have something for you to wear tonight but you need to close your eyes and turn around." Pete said with his eyes beaming.

"Ok?" I asked.

"Go on, turn around." He said spinning me to where I wouldn't face him.

"Ok, now you can turn around with your eyes closed and hold out your hands." Pete said estatic.

I did as he asked me to. I felt a small box placed into my hands. I opened my eyes to see a ring box.

"Pete, what is this?" I asked.

"I want to give this to you so you always know where your heart lies. Open it." Pete said.

I opened up the box and gasped. It was an engagement ring but it was a beautiful one. I didn't understand however because I was told that vampires cannot officially be married.

"Pete, its beautiful but how..." I said before he shushed me with his finger over my lips.

Pete got down on one knee and took the ring box out of my hands. He then took the ring out and looked me in the eyes. He had the biggest smile.

"I know that this ring is an engagement ring and I know we can never marry but I want you to wear this as a symbol of our love. It was my mother's. I want you to always see it and know that I will always love you, no matter what and that you have my heart as I hope I have yours. Will you wear this ring?" He asked.

"Yes!" I exclaimed almost knocking Pete over as I grabbed him, kissed him, and hugged him.

"Are you going to let me put it on?" He asked laughing.

"Oh, yeah, sorry." I laughed as I held out my ring finger. The ring was beautiful.

"Hey, can I come in?" Erelin asked knocking on my door.

"Sure." I replied.

"We should probably start setting up the gifts and then go up to Jenny's room and see if she needs anything." Erelin said.

"Look." Pete said grabbing my left hand and proudly showing off my ring.

"Aww. I want one. Darn it Brendon!" Erelin said marching out to find him I am sure.

"Well, I think someone is jealous." Pete laughed.

"I think so too." I laughed as I slipped on my shoes and proceeded to head up to my painting room.

"Here, I will take this outside to their gift table. You go up and take care of Jenny." Pete said kissing me once I grabbed my painting off the easel.

"Don't go missing me now." I said joking.

"What would I ever do without you?" Pete said jokingly back as I proceeded to Jenny's room.