A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

I Set My Clocks Early Cause I Know I'm Always Late

(Pete’s POV)
I showed Amanda around the mansion I shared with the other guys. I think her favorite part was the study. I had a huge collection of books that I liked to read as well as other books that everyone else liked. I wanted to show her the grounds outside but it was still daylight and knew it would have to wait.

“So now that you have seen the place, what do you think?” I asked her.

“I love it. This place is so much bigger than mine. I really like your study. I love to read as well. I prefer mystery novels but I like classics too.” She said.

We walked upstairs to the entertainment room where we have a pool table and the other guys gaming systems. She sat down on the couch and I sat in a chair across from her. Every time she would flash a smile or I hear her laugh she opened me up somehow. It was as if she was a light that lit my lonely world.

I watched her call Erelin but apparently she got her voicemail. Amanda had told her to stay put when she got off work and that she was with Sam. She told her that Sam was fine and to call her if she got off work early on her cell. Then she hung up.

“So what is the plan?” Amanda asked me.

“Well, she can move in here if she wants.” I said.

“I would love that and I think she would too but I think her dad may have a problem with that. Even though she is twenty three she still lives with her dad.” She said.

“Well, it would be safer if he got out of town. I can convince him to leave if she wants.” I replied.

“You can do that?” Amanda asked impressed.

“Yes. All vampires can persuade people to do things. That is why you need to be careful. You could be sucked into a vampire’s gaze and be his or worse your dad could try to control you. I am surprised he hasn’t tried to yet. It is no different than when I made you not move last night and put you to sleep.” I responded.

“Pete, you aren’t telling me everything. What do you and Brendon know about my dad that involves me? I understand that he wants me for something and hasn’t turned me yet. I can tell you are keeping a secret from me. Remember I can read people?” She said.

Darn she had me. Now I had to tell her my fear. I didn’t want her to know yet that we think he was saving her for someone he was looking for her to mate with, with a bigger plan ahead.

“Brendon and I heard as you saw your dad say, besides maybe you will have what it takes to take care of my daughter when the time comes before he turned us. It has us worried.
Amanda walked over to me and sat in my lap. Not that I wasn’t thrilled but I was a little shocked. Was she getting comfortable to be around me more?

“I appreciate you worrying about me. I am safe now as you say here. He can’t touch me and hurt me when I have you to watch over me, right?” She said leaning in.

“Right.” I said lips moving towards her. I could hear her heart beating faster and I knew that she was feeling for me what I was feeling for her. Maybe Brendon was right and I should try things with Amanda but I should take it slow. We don’t exactly know each other well yet. I don’t want to hurt her I decided.

“So about tonight.” I said backing off and changing the subject.

“Oh, tonight.” She said disappointed.

Damn! I had my chance and blew it. What am I thinking?

“We should pick her up at her work. Hopefully she got your message. It will be me, you, Brendon and Sam coming along so that she doesn’t flip out. It would be better if she saw you and Sam with us than just you.” I said.

“You got it. I think you are right.” She replied. “Hey, are you any good at pool?” She asked.

“I’m not the greatest but I can shoot some.” I said getting up after she got off me.

“Good, because I challenge you. Winner gets a kiss.” She said cocking a smile.

“You are on.” I said thinking I may have another chance.