A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Holding On To Love To Save My Life

I woke up in Pete's arms gasping for air. It was getting harder for me to breathe due to the fact that I was bleeding to death from my bite wound and the smoke from the room. I faintly heard Pete talking to me as I looked around to see that the club was covered in fire and we were trapped onstage.

"Pete." I whispered.

"It's ok, baby. I am going to get you out of here." He said picking me up in his arms.

"Pete, come on. Take my daughter out of here. I made a path." I heard my mother yell and then heard the sound of a fire extinguisher. Everything was going blurry as I tried to look around and I was sort of out of it here and there.

"I can't breathe." I said gasping for air. "Pete, I'm dying." I said coughing as I clung to Pete.

"Just hold on, Amanda." I heard Pete say to me as I closed my eyes and felt as if I was flying for a bit.

Pete had made it out of the club and jumped roof top to roof top until we arrived quickly to an apartment. He sat me down gently on a fire escape and broke a window of the place he was breaking in to. Then he picked me back up and we climbed in the apartment. What I was able to see as I looked around was that we were in the same apartment we fled to a month ago. My teacher had fixed the window and now Pete had to break it again to sneak in.

He gently put me on the bed where I felt myself slipping. I was trying to hold on but I couldn't try any longer. I was gasping worse for air, my lungs burning,and my throat clogged. My body ached and I think started to convulse at one point.

"Pete...I" I tried to get out.

"No, I am going to get you help." He said reaching for his phone.

"It's too late. I...I love you." I said trying to look him in the eyes. They were filled with worry, fear, and anger.

"You aren't going to leave me. Just hang on." Pete said dialing a number.

"Pete, I want to be with you forever. If you don't...do this now." I said coughing up some blood.

Pete dropped his phone and looked at me. He caressed my face and knew I was dying and could not hold on any longer. He started to tear up.

I know he knew this was going to happen anyway from his dreams but he was trying his hardest to prevent it. I think he was just as scared as I was about turning me. He picked my neck up some to raise my head up and looked me in the eyes.

"Forever is a long time. Are you sure?" He asked needing confirmation.

I nodded my head and said, "I love you."

He bared his fangs and nodded his head. Then Pete leaned in and I felt puncture marks back into the ripped flesh of my neck. He then began to drink the last blood I had in me stopping to cut his wrist and then placing his wrist over my lips. I forced myself to drink his blood until I could not breathe anymore. I closed my eyes and felt a tear fall onto my face as I slipped away.