A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

To Be Prepared

(Pete's POV)
I let go of Amanda and slit my left wrist with my fangs allowing the blood to rush out. I didn't have much time. Her heartbeat was slowing rapidly and I could feel every pain in her body. Amanda's breathing was shallower then before as I placed my wrist over her lips and let my blood drop onto her lips.

She grabbed my wrist with the last of her strength and began sucking and drinking until I heard her take her last breath. I watched as her eyes closed and for the first time in a long time I felt tears start to fall from my eyes and I watched as they landed on Amanda's cheek as she quietly slipped away.

I didn't have much time now. I had to prepare Amanda for when she wakes up. I took Amanda and carried her lifeless body to the living room where I had cleared most of the art supplies out.

I sat her down in a chair and tied her wrists behind her back and to the chair. This was for her safety and for me to determine if she woke up good or not. Right now, her body looks lifeless but is going through the change to become a vampire. When she wakes, she will be confused and disoriented for awhile. I just hope that when she wakes and I can explain everything to her so that she is not afraid as I was lost and confused when I woke up alone with no one to explain what had happened to me, that she will be the Amanda that I love and not the monster she fears that she would become.

After I fixed her to the chair and kissed her cold lips, I ran and grabbed my cell off the bedroom floor and dialed the number to the one person I trusted and could count on the most. "She's here. I did it. I am just waiting." I said on the line.

I got my confirmation that the person I trusted would be here in a few hours. It only takes a vampire a few hours to change from human to vampire once they have been turned. All I can do now is wait.