A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Letters To Addresses In A Ghost Town

(Brendon's POV)
I made it back home and walked in the door to find everyone gathered in the living room by the fireplace. Everyone was quiet and they stared at me as I walked in. By the look on their faces you could tell that they have all been grieving. Patrick and Jenny had a hold of the painting Amanda had made them for their wedding.

"I see you found your wedding gift." I said half smiling.

"It was the only thing unharmed from outside." Patrick said glumly.

"I can't believe Amanda did this. It is so beautiful." Jenny said crying again on Patrick's shoulder. "I can't believe this happened on our happy day. What a sad day is more like it." She added.

"Where have you been? You just disappeared." Erelin said getting off the couch and approaching me.

"I'm sorry I was not there for you Erelin but I needed some time to myself. Everyone grieves in their own way and I just needed to be alone for a bit. I am here for you now." I said grabbing her and pulling her close to me. She started to sob.

"I can't believe this happened. Amanda and Pete killed her father. How could they both not get out in time? Could Pete not save Amanda in time and so he killed himself to be with her by staying in the fire?" She said crying.

"I wish I could tell you." I said wanting to tell Erelin the truth.

"You want me to fix you something to drink?" I asked.

"Sure." She said as I took her hand and led her to the kitchen.

"That painting is special. Amanda must have went nuts when she found out Pete added his flair to it." Erelin said smiling at trying to think happy things about Amanda and Pete. "What am I going to do now? She was one of my best friends." Erelin said.

I opened up the cabinet and reached for a glass knowing that if I grabbed the right glass the letter would fall out. Sure enough it did. Erelin reached for it as it fell onto the floor.

"What is this?" She asked.

"I dont know." I replied as she opened the envelope.

"It's Amanda's handwriting. Call the others." She said.

I went into the living room and told everyone to come into the kitchen. Erelin told them what she found. I nodded at her to read the letter out loud. It read as follows:

To all my friends I leave behind,
Don't cry for me too much. I am in a better place and I am happy to have known such wonderful friends. I wouldn't change anything about my time here. I knew from my dreams that it was up to me to fight my dad. I did it to protect everyone of you.

I want to say remember all of the good times we all have had. I know that this was supposed to be your happy day Jenny and Patrick but don't let what happened tonight affect your happiness for your future. I leave the key to the city in the envelope to you, Patrick that I swiped from my father before I left home to live here. Since you now have it you are temporary mayor until elections. I know you will do this city good. Take this letter to my mother. Her and all of her men wil help protect the city from the evil vampires that still roam this city. It will be a long and hard task but I trust you and now the people in the city will know how to protect themselves.

To Sam and Erelin, what more can I say? You two were my best friends. Don't worry about me and live your lives. Sam I expect a wedding from you and Joe soon and Erelin don't be too hard on Brendon.

"Yeah right." Erelin said rolling her eyes with everyone laughing and staring at me then she finished reading the last of the letter.

Chrissy and Andy stop arguing all the time and be more then acting as bait. Patrick is going to need all the help he can get to fixing our city. That is all. I just want to say I love you guys and will be watching.

"Wow. Here you go, Patrick. You are our new mayor." Erelin said tossing him the silver key.

What started out as a grieving party soon turned into a reminisant and new hope party. We all started remembering the good about Amanda and Pete and looked to the future not living in fear. Patrick called Amanda's mom and began making plans to become the next leader of our city.

Things were starting to change for the better. I had Erelin but I also remembered what Pete and Amanda had told me about keeping her close. I knew it would be only a matter of time before they found the vampire that started this mess and then I would cease to exist once he was dead. I just had to prepare Erelin for this.