A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

It Takes Two To Make A Thing Go Right

I don’t know what really had come over me but I was starting to warm up to Pete. He really wasn’t such a bad guy. He was cute, handsome, and had a great smile. And his eyes were to die for. Well, maybe not literally.
I just had the urge to walk over to him and sit on his lap. I was sensing there was more to Pete then he was letting on. I really wanted to kiss his lips and let go of my past. We almost kissed before Sam pulled us away and so now maybe was another shot. I don’t want anymore what ifs. Maybe he is feeling a spark as I do.
“I appreciate you worrying about me. I am safe now as you say here. He can’t touch me and hurt me when I have you to watch over me, right?” I said leaning in to Pete.
“Right.” Pete said with our lips moving towards each other.
Then Pete quickly backed off and said, “So about tonight.” What a mood killer.
“Oh, tonight.” I said disappointed.
“We should pick her up at her work. Hopefully she got your message. It will be me, you, Brendon and Sam coming along so that she doesn’t flip out. It would be better if she saw you and Sam with us than just you.” Pete said with me still on his lap.
“You got it. I think you are right.” I replied looking in his eyes. He was trying to conceal his emotions from me I noticed. I needed to change that. I was going to get him to kiss me somehow. I needed to know if I can actually move on from Colin and if Pete and I could be more than friends some day. Then an idea hit me.
“Hey, are you any good at pool?” I asked.
“I’m not the greatest but I can shoot some.” He said getting up after I did.
“Good, because I challenge you. Winner gets a kiss.” I said cocking a smile.
“You are on.” Pete replied trying to play it cool.
I ended up winning after a game and therefore Pete had to kiss me. My idea worked. Now I would know if Pete felt anything for me besides being a friend. Even if we took it slow at least I would know.
“Well, since I am the winner I get a kiss.” I said being flirty. “A deal is a deal. You can’t back out on me.” I said laughing.
“Ok, you want a kiss. I guess that means on the cheek right.” He said flirting back.
“Hey! You can’t make up your own rules. That’s not how it works, mister.” I said pointing my finger at him.
“Oh, really, is that so. As I recall you never specified where you wanted that kiss. I can give it anywhere I want to.” He replied smiling.
Then he grabbed my hand that I was pointing with earlier and pulled me close to him. He pulled my hair behind my right ear back. I gazed in his eyes and he leaned in closer to me. My heart raced. He was definitely hot as Sam said.
Finally our lips met and when he kissed me I was left speechless. My knees felt like they wanted to give out and I couldn’t move. He was a mighty fine kisser. I have never felt that way before, not even when I was with Colin. I think I will like living here.
When the kiss was over I just stood there. I was so awed. I didn’t see Pete as a vampire. I saw him as my friend and a human. He still had his soul. He was someone that I knew would protect me and care about me for as long as I was here.
“Wow.” I said.
“What? I’m sorry. Maybe I shouldn’t have kissed you. It was a mistake.” He said starting to walk out of the room.
“Pete, wait.” I said grabbing his arm and pulling him to me. “No one has ever kissed me like that before. I liked it.” I said grinning.
Pete smiled at me and started to kiss me again when we were interrupted by Sam again. We both pulled away from each other like nothing had happened. I’m sure Sam had figured it out though because she started to grin.
“Pete, can I talk to you a second?” Sam said taking Pete with her leaving me all alone in the entertainment room.
When he walked back he stopped and looked sad again. This made me worry. What did Sam say to him to make him upset?
“Amanda, I need to tell you some things.” He said. “It’s about my past. I haven’t had the best in relationships. I don’t want to hurt you. Believe me I have been hurt in the past and burned but I have done my share of it too. I don’t think it would work with me being a vampire.” He said.
“Wait, so you are breaking up with me and we aren’t even dating yet?” I asked confused. “Pete, I don’t care that you are a vampire. To me you are human like the rest of us. Who cares that you have fangs, super strength or the need to drink blood. I don’t. I see you, the real you. And if you want the truth I have been burned and hurt too.” I said reaching out to him. There comes a time when you need to just move on. You helped me to realize that today.” I said smiling.
Then I proceeded to tell him all about my ex Colin and how we were together for five years. We almost got married until I came to his apartment one night to see him and another girl in bed together. That broke us apart. I was devastated but I couldn’t keep hiding from the world because I was burned.
“Pete, what I want to tell you is that I enjoyed the kiss. It made all my senses go crazy. But if you want to take things slow since we really don’t know each other well yet, I agree. We should.” I said.
“That would be nice.” He said reaching for my hand.
After talking for a few more hours, we passed the rest of the time until it was time to get Erelin by playing on Joe’s XBOX. I owned his butt in several games we played. Pete could not believe he was beaten by a girl.
Then Brendon stuck his head in the door to let us know it was time to get Erelin. I got up from my seat and tagged Pete. Then I got up and ran downstairs hiding behind Sam as a shield with Pete chasing after me until he got all serious again ruining my fun. He needed a little more work.
Brendon grabbed some stakes and handed them to me and Sam. Pete explained where I needed to stab a vampire if I ever had to. Then we took off in Sam’s car to pick up Erelin. Brendon couldn’t stop smiling and I couldn’t stop being fascinated with Pete.