A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Home Sweet Home

(One Year Later)

"I can't believe we are back to where everything started, Pete." I said as we stepped out of our black SUV we owned.

"I know. According to Brendon, the city has changed dramatically for the good since Patrick took over as mayor. Humans are protected at night thanks to your mom's team of vampires.

"Wow, I had forgotten what the city lights look like at night all lit up. It's been a long time." I said as we walked over to a cliff that overlooks the city.

"You remember the plan, right?" Pete asked me.

"Yes. We sneak into the city without being detected, break into the mansion, steal Patrick's latest gadgets that Brendon told you about and head ten miles north outside of the city. Our stranger has seemed to keep escaping from us and now has holed himself up back here." I said.

"Yes, but don't forget he has a vampire army with him." Pete said. "That is why we need Patrick's latest weapons.

"Do you think Brendon should warn Patrick about what lies north?" I asked.

"I think he should only tell Patrick if we fail." Pete replied.

"We won't fail. Nothing has happened to us yet." I said grinning and slipping my arm around his waist.

"You have certainly amazed me this past year with your strength and agility. You have harnessed that fire in you and I am proud." Pete said kissing me.

"Why, thank you, Mr. Wentz." I said looking at the ring I still wear that Pete gave to me a year ago.

I noticed Pete walk back over to the edge of the cliff. "Honey, what is wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing." He replied.

"You miss them, don't you?" I asked placing my hand on his chest.

"How do you know?" He said not looking at me.

"Because I miss them too. Keeping them safe was always our mission, wasn't it Pete?" I asked.

"Come on. We don't have much time. Brendon said that everyone would be out tonight. That leaves us some time but not much to sneak into the house. After a year, Patrick still hasn't changed the security codes." Pete laughed as we headed back to the suv.

We drove into the city. No one recognized us as we passed by many of our frequent hangouts. I noticed a street sign.

"Pete stop a minute." I said.

"What? Why?" He asked not paying attention.

"Just do it!" I snapped and he pulled over.

I got out and started walking a block to the entertainment district that held shops, restaurants, and dance clubs. There were new clubs and places to eat but most of the buildings that I remembered were still there. Pete held my hand when he realized I was walking to where we "died" a year ago.

"Wow!" I said smiling.

"They turned all that rubble into a fountain." Pete said looking at it all lit up.

People walked by and threw pennies in it. There were also a couple of people making out in front of it. I noticed a plaque.

"Check this out." I said hitting Pete's arm.

It read:

In memory of two of the most wonderful people you would ever want to meet. Pete and Amanda Wentz who helped save our city from the evil that took over. Together forever.

It also had the date on it from when we "died" in the club fire. I was in awe that they gave me Pete's last name. He just pulled me tighter.

We headed back to the suv and headed to the mansion. Not a word was said. Pete pulled up into the woods where our suv would not be seen and we proceeded to walk to the mansion.

"Are you sure Brendon said the codes are the same?" I asked.

"Positve. See." He replied when he entered the house with his old key and turned off the alarm system.

"I think I am going to stake the place out just to make sure no one is here. You look for that weapon." I said to Pete who nodded and headed to Patrick's work room.

I snuck upstairs on guard, just in case someone stayed behind. I checked all the rooms saving mine and Pete's rooms for last. I looked in Pete's to see that nothing was changed. When I got to mine, the door was shut.

I turned the knob and opened it slowly. Everything was the same too. It was like they expected we may show up one day. It was leaving me with doubts if I could continue to let them think I was actually dead.

"Hey, it's not here. This is just great!" Pete said scaring me and making me jump.

"Oh, sorry." He said. "Why are you so jumpy?" He asked.

"I don't know. Look. Everything is left the same as we left it a year ago." I replied.

"We can't worry about that now." Pete said. "Maybe Patrick is hiding it in his room." Pete said grabbing my hand as we left the room.

"No. I think he has it in the mayor's office." I replied.

"Why would he do that?" Pete asked.

"My father had a hidden safe. If Patrick found it and reprogrammed the safe, that is probably where he may be keeping it." I said.

"Do you know how many guards he is going to have around that place?" Pete asked.

"It can't be that bad." I said as we headed downstairs to leave.

We locked up the mansion and made it back to our suv. Once again all was quiet as we made our way to the old courthouse that houses the government offices. Pete managed to find a spot away from the building so that it would be easier to sneak in.

We climbed and our way up to the roof. There were four guards, all good vampires on the roof. Pete and I both knew we couldn't hurt them so we knocked them out. Then we found the way in from the roof and proceeded with caution not to be caught or recognized.

"You do remember the way to your father's office, right?" Pete asked unsure.

"Come on, Pete." I said. It was way to quiet in the building.

"Why are we stopping?" Pete asked.

"I hear something. Don't you?" I asked.

"No." He whispered.

"This isn't right, Pete. Look around. Where are all the guards?" I asked.

Just then a scream rang out. I looked at Pete and he looked at me. That wasn't just a girl's scream; it was a scream that belonged to Erelin.

We ran into my father's old office which is Patrick's now to see Erelin laying on the floor unconcious. "Erelin?" I asked trying to shake her. "Erelin!" I snapped.

"It's gone! Someone blew the safe." Pete said shocked.

"I think she is coming to." I said.

"Erelin, can you hear me?" I asked. She had lost alot of blood and I don't know if she would make it to the hospital or not.

"Am I dead?" She said slowly opening her eyes and seeing me. Her pulse was weak. This vampire that attacked her did so on purpose as a warning to me and Pete.

"I feel so tired." She said closing her eyes but trying to keep them open.

I looked at Pete who took Erelin off the floor and placed her on Patrick's desk. This all started with one mysterious vampire that we are after. He has to be behind this and knows we are on to him.

The outcome from this vampire nearly destroyed a whole city. I lost my father and my mother became a good vampire. There was one good thing to come out of it all and that was Pete. My life began with a vampire's kiss and a touch of revenge. Now, Erelin's fate rests on one vampire.

THE END
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you guys for being such awesome readers. This is the last and final chapter of this story. I am still writing for Dead In The Water and I am also in the process of starting the last story in my Bite Me Trilogy. Peace.