A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

An Odd Encounter With A Blast From The Past

As Sam pulled into the parking lot of Erelin’s work, we all noticed Erelin was being attacked by three guys wearing ski masks. Before Sam stopped the car I flew out to go help her. That was my nature. I always looked after my friends.

I heard one of the goons yell, “She’s not the one we are looking for.” “It’s her!” He said pointing at me then taking off.

I recognized that voice. That goon was not going to get away. He tried to hurt my best friend. I already had a good running start over Pete. I knew that he would follow me and that Brendon and Sam would help take care of Erelin.

“Sam, make sure she is alright.” I said as I ran off.

I followed this guy down onto another street. I knew self defense and I wasn’t afraid to use it if I had to. I watched him go down this street and now he disappears on me as I looked around for him. I stopped and stood in the middle of the dark street out of breath. Could that really be who I think it is that attacked Erelin? What would he want with me?

Then out of no where, Erelin’s attacker grabbed me just as I started to turn around and head back to where Erelin was. He had spun me around to him. I went to attack him to break away but he began to talk to me.

“Easy, love.” He said.

I knew I recognized his voice. It was Colin’s, my ex. What could he possibly want with me?
“What do you want with me, Colin?” I said pissed off and looking in his eyes through his mask to read them. I wasn’t scared of him and he wasn’t obviously a vampire.

“So you figured it out that it was me standing in front of you. You are smarter than I give you credit for. Soon you will see.” He said pulling me into a kiss and taking off when he heard and saw Pete coming after him.

Pete finally approached me. I knew he saw that kiss. I also knew he would ask me about it. How could Colin kiss me and then run? What did he want to try to kidnap Erelin for and what plans does he have for me?

“Hey, are you alright? And are you crazy for taking off like that? There are vampires out remember that could get you?” Pete asked concerned as I wiped my lips off from Colin’s kiss.

“I’m sorry. I said not looking at him and walking back down the street to get back to the street Erelin, Brendon, and Sam were on.

“Wait. You are upset. I saw him kiss you. Do you know that guy who attacked Erelin?” Pete prodded.

“Look, Pete, I don’t want to talk about it.” I said pissed off but not mad at Pete. I just wasn’t ready to open up about what happened when I was confused about it myself. I am now a danger to my friends somehow and I don’t know why.

Pete and I walked over to Erelin’s car and I noticed she was getting cozy to Brendon. It looked like he didn’t need my help after all. He appeared to be handling things just fine. I didn’t say much to Pete.

“I see you met Brendon.” I said to Erelin. “This is Pete.” I added introducing him to Erelin.
“Hi, Pete.” She said smiling.

“It is nice to meet you.” He said.

“So why are you guys wanting to see me so bad and I am not complaining because if you haven’t shown up I could have been kidnapped.” She said.

“Erelin there are some things we need to discuss. And I would never let anything happen to you or Sam. You guys are my best friends and like my sisters. You are my family.” I said hugging her. I was glad she was alright.

“So what do we need to discuss?” Erelin asked.

“Well, we should go to your house and talk or something.” I said.

“Yes, it isn’t safe out here.” Brendon chimed in.

“I don’t think my dad would like you all over. He goes to bed pretty early.” She said.

“This is important.” I said.

“Ok. I trust you.” She said.

“Pete can you do me one favor?” I asked.

“Sure.” He said afraid I was mad at him.

“Please take Brendon and Sam and follow us to Erelin’s. I want to be the one to tell her and fill her in.” I said.

“You got it. Amanda you know I am here if you need to talk.” He said touching my shoulder and getting in Sam’s car.

“What do I need filling in about?” Erelin asked getting into her car.

“Vampires.” I said getting in her car.

“Vampires?” She asked driving off. “Ha, Amanda you are funny girl.” She said laughing.

“Erelin I am serious and you are going to have to listen to me carefully. Have I ever lied to you?” I asked.

“No.” She said.

“Then believe me when I say that there are vampires in our city.” I said in all seriousness.