A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Kiss Me Like You Mean It

Pete hoisted me up onto the fire escape because it was missing the bottom ladder. I watched as Pete took a graceful jump onto the platform beside me. Who knew vampires could jump higher than humans or land on their feet like a cat? It was kind of sexy.

“So we have to climb two floors up?” Pete asked.

“Yes.” I said climbing up the steps of the fire escape.

When we made it to the loft of my friend, I peered into the window just to make sure that no one was home. When I saw no one I signaled for Pete to break the window. Once he did I climbed in. I turned around to see him just standing there outside.

“Aren’t you coming in?” I asked.

“Um, I can’t come in unless I am invited in, remember?” He replied sarcastically.

“How badly do you want in?” I asked laughing.

“Haha, very funny.” Pete replied.

“So what do I say exactly?” I asked. It’s not like everyday I invite a vampire into a home.

“Just say Pete I invite you in.” He said looking around outside making sure no vampires have spotted us.

“Ok, Pete, I invite you in.” I said with a sigh of relief.

“Now was that so hard?” He asked as he came in through the window.

“Oh, like I go around inviting vampires around into my home.” I said rolling my eyes.

“No, but your dad does and speaking of how did he get let into his own home once he was a vampire?” Pete asked.

I got to thinking a bit. “I don’t know exactly. Maybe our housekeeper had let him in not knowing because she didn’t.” I replied. “Wait, it was me.” I said remembering what had happened.

“You? How did you let him in? I mean I understand you didn’t know he was a vampire but still something wasn’t off about him?” Pete asked.

“He called me at like 3 am one day when he was first turned I guess. He woke me up by calling my cell and told me he had to stay late at the office because of a lot of paperwork he had to fill out. So he needed in because he had forgotten his key and I believed him. If I had known, Pete…” I said before trailing off.

“Hey, I’m sorry. You didn’t know. It isn’t your fault.” Pete said holding me.

“We need to find a light.” I said trying to be careful not to knock anything over in this room. “Be careful.” I said to Pete.

“Whoa, what was that?” He asked bumping into an easel.

“Found it!” I said turning a light switch by the bedroom door.

“What is this place?” Pete asked seeing easels and sculptures around.

“Well, normally as you can see this was a bedroom at one time but it an art studio sort of.” I said.

“Oh, your friend does all of this stuff?” Pete asked seeing paintings and things.

“Not exactly.” I said not wanting to tell him something.

“Is this you?” He asked as he had lifted off a sheet on one of the easels to reveal a painting.

“Yeah. That’s me and my mom.” I said walking away and heading out into the hallway.

“Wait, did you do that or did your friend?” Pete asked curiously.

“If you must know, I did it shortly after she died.” I said sighing. Pete wasn’t about to let this go.

“I didn’t know you painted.” Pete said. “How many of your paintings are here?” He asked.

“Just a couple.” I said heading out into the living room area and turning on a lamp.

Everything was sort of bare. The bedrooms were empty but had art in them and the living room had a couch and chair. The kitchen was set up nice just as I had remembered it.

“Pete, I guess I should be honest with you. This place doesn’t really belong to a friend. It belongs to an art professor I had. He saw I had potential and encouraged me to paint and draw. He gave me his key to his loft here where he stores our art for us. He told me that anytime I needed a break from what was going on with my life that I could come here. So I did after mom died and dad acted differently. It was my escape and one my dad never knew about.” I replied.

“I used to sleep here on the floor sometimes.” I said.

“Amanda, I am sorry if I keep asking questions.” Pete said. “But I just thought…” He said being cut off by me.

“But what, I can’t be an artist too?” I asked getting upset which I totally didn’t want to happen. This was just a painful reminder of my past of who I used to be.

“No. I just…nevermind. I’m sorry for asking questions. Your painting was amazing.” He replied.

“Thanks.” I said smiling.

“Well at least you have a safe haven to come to for awhile.” Pete said grabbing me and holding me tight.

“Listen, I’m sorry for snapping at you. I’m just worried about your friends and everyone getting out and that we are stuck here for the night.” I said sighing.

“It’s alright.” Pete said pulling away and checking out the kitchen.

“Wow, he has food and he has drinks in the kitchen. At least you won’t starve tonight.” Pete said laughing.

“My professor always kept stuff here for his students but we shouldn’t be bothered tonight by anyone.” I said heading to a hall closet to grab some clean blankets and pillows.

“Wow, I found another painting of yours. It has your initials on it.” Pete said impressed.

“I think I like this mysterious side of you that you hide.” Pete said grinning as I spread out the sheet and blankets on the living room floor.

“Hey, can you grab some candles out of the cabinets in the kitchen. I don’t want to keep the lights on for very long incase someone sees the lights on from the outside.” I said.

“Sure.” Pete said finding some matches and lighting some candles in the living room around us.

“Does your phone work?” I said.

“It should.” Pete said tossing me his sidekick.

“I want to call Erelin and tell her I won’t be making it to the mall tomorrow.” I said laughing.

“You wanted an excuse not to go and now look at you; shame on you, Amanda.” Pete said teasing me.

“Hey, it isn’t like I planned this.” I said trying to get Pete’s phone to work. “Ah, Pete you didn’t charge it. The battery is dead.” I said tossing Pete his phone.

“What? I thought I did the other day.” He said messing with it.

“Apparently you didn’t. That’s ok because there is a pay phone I can walk to in the morning across the street. I will call everyone then so they can come get us at nightfall.” I sighed, feeling worn out.

“Hey, let me see your eyes.” Pete said sitting down beside me on the floor.

“Well?” I asked.

“They are still puffy and a little red but not as bad.” Pete said examining me.

“They still feel a little irritated and my eyes keep feeling like they want to water but I guess that is normal.” I said staring into Pete’s eyes.

“I guess so.” He said with his right hand under my chin and leaning in to kiss me.

He kissed my eyes and then my forehead before tracing my lips with is fingers making me want more and craving his touch. I wanted him to kiss me and I wanted more. But then Pete pulled away after he did kiss me on the lips.

“What is it?” I asked.

“We better not do this.” He said. I could tell he wanted more too.

“Pete.” I said pulling his arm and placing it on me. I went for his red hoodie jacket and unzipped it revealing his shirt he had on underneath. Pete looked at me funny.

“Amanda, are you sure you want to do this?” He asked.

“Pete, we are trapped here for the night. You thought you may have lost me tonight, right?” I asked.

“Yeah, you had me worried for a bit when I first couldn’t spot you in the club.” Pete said.

“I don’t want to lose you and I know you don’t want to lose me. I think I am ready to move on totally now in a relationship. And I want to do this before I lose my nerve. I don’t want to regret not being able to spend at least one night with you if something should ever happen to me.” I said.

“Hey, don’t talk like that.” He said putting his head against mine. “Are you really sure you want to do this?” He asked.

“I’m so sure, believe me.” I said yanking off his shirt which in turn he took mine off revealing a black bra.

“Kinky.” He said.

“Just shut up and kiss me.” I said sort of demanding as he laid me down on the sheet and hovered above me.