A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Three Words Says It All

(Brendon’s POV)
We arrived at our destination, the warehouse. We all ended up parking away from it down the road and took the woods to the secret tunnels we had escaped from the other night. Patrick was our leader I guess you could say because he was just cool like that plus he was our weapons guru.

“Alright, listen up people. We are splitting up into groups of three.” Patrick said.
That was good. Maybe, I would get paired with Patrick and Jenny because I know she was not going to leave his side.

“Erelin, Brendon, and Ryan you are together.” Patrick said.
Well, so much for that idea. Why did I not see this coming? I just smiled at Erelin and gave Ryan a dirty look. I must play nice is all I can keep telling myself.

“Joe, Sam, and Andy are together.” Jenny said laughing.

“But, but…” Chrissy said. “Who is going to protect me?” She added.

“Why, me and Patrick.” Jenny said laughing a bit.

I know why they were doing this for several reasons. One was to get me to talk to Erelin and be nice to Ryan. Two, was to playfully punish Chrissy and Andy because they were late and because it was their idea to come here in the first place. I just laughed along to at them.

“Ok, everyone have a cell phone on them?” Patrick asked.

“Yes.” Everyone but Ryan said.

“Jenny, Chrissy and I are going to take the tunnel Amanda and Pete came out of. It can’t be far from here.” Patrick said throwing flashlights at us on top of our weapons we were carrying.

“Erelin, Brendon, and Ryan take the tunnel we all came out of.” Patrick said nodding at me to take the lead. “Joe, Sam, and Andy, be extra careful and sneak into what’s left of the warehouse.” He added.

“Remember to call us at any sign of trouble or to inform us of anything. If you find vampires, stake them but see if you can get any info out of them. We need to know what the mayor is up to and why he blew up the warehouse or if Colin did.” Jenny said. I liked how Patrick was in command and she was his number two. It made me smile at how in sync they were with each other that I was happy they were finally going to get married.

Since Patrick put me in charge I told Ryan and Erelin to follow me back into the tunnel as I turned on my flashlight and handed Erelin one. I noticed that Ryan wasn’t fighting me on anything. Never once did he complain or pick a fight with me. Erelin on the other hand tried to smile at me but whenever Ryan walked in front of her she stopped.

“Ryan, you need to stay behind Erelin to protect her in case something grabs me or comes from behind.” I whispered so our voices wouldn’t echo.

“Brendon it is really ok. I can take care of myself.” Erelin piped in.

“No, you need to be safe. I don’t know what is ahead. It could be nothing, it could be trouble. I don’t want to see you get hurt.” I said with so much concern.

“Brendon, really, I will be alright.” She said.

“You are so stubborn!” I said.

“Yeah, well you are too!” She snapped back.

While we were fighting, Ryan pushed past us causing us to stop fighting. Erelin and I looked at each other and then it hit me. I felt vampires up ahead. But these weren’t just any vampires. One was the one who was now calling for Ryan.

“Stay back and call. Warn the others!” I yelled taking off after Ryan. I couldn’t let him alert the vampires we here.

“Brendon, be careful. Do something! I don’t want him to get hurt.” She said dropping the phone and her flashlight. “Shit!” I heard her say.

I caught up to Ryan who was in a trance. Now, yeah, I could let him go back to the vampire that was calling him but that wasn’t in me. As much as I hated Ryan right now, there was someone who felt he was worth saving and that was Erelin and I didn’t want to hurt her.

“Ryan, dude, snap out of it!” I said grabbing him and pulling him around to face me.

“I must go!” Ryan said breaking lose of me. I grabbed him this time only to have him turn
around and fight me. That was just great.

As I was fighting him off to get him to snap out of his trance, I said, “What about Erelin?” “Don’t you care about her?” I asked with no response except him knocking me to the ground and him trying to stake me and who shall come and see this when I told her to stay put? It was none other than Erelin.

“Ryan, no!” Erelin yelled trying to grab him off me but getting thrown back. I saw the stake in Ryan’s hand go up and all I could do was grab the flashlight and knock Ryan out.

“Whew!” I said. Then I heard voices. Shit, they found us.

“Are you ok?” Erelin asked.

“Run!” I said picking up Ryan over my shoulder.

“What?” Erelin asked.

“Run! They found us and they are after Ryan.” I yelled.
We ran so far in the tunnel and stopped. “Watch him.” I said.

“Wait, what are you doing?” Erelin asked.

“I have to stop them. I have to fight off Ryan’ attacker and stop them from finding the others.”
I said grabbing all the weapons off Ryan for my use.

“But you can’t go in there alone.” Erelin said worried.

“I’m a vampire. I’m strong. I will be ok.” I said. “Call, Patrick and see if they can come get you. I will find my way back, don’t worry.” I said handing her some stakes. “Use these to protect yourself.” I said lifting her chin.

“I’m worried you won’t come back to me.” Erelin said with tears in her eyes.

“I will be fine.” I said walking away.

“Wait!” She said. “I love you!” She said running over to kiss me.

At that moment I knew what I had to do. I had to go in there and stop the vampires from reaching Erelin and Ryan or the warehouse. It was up to me. I had to protect Erelin and I was going to do so. I know now, she chooses me and I take that with me.

“I love you more.” I said taking off down through the tunnel.