A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Goodbye To You And Everything That I Knew

(Brendon’s POV)
I was glad to know that Erelin was all right and grateful that she came to help me along with Sam, Patrick, and Jenny. Right now, though, as we rushed into the warehouse, my mind focused on finding the vampire that bit Ryan and had him under her control. She worked for Amanda’s dad and she may hold the key on how to find and defeat him.

When we arrived in the warehouse, it was a mess. Anything left from the blast, looked destroyed. Debris was everywhere. There were tables and chairs broken, glass, walls knocked over, and already rats in the building. There were also many places to hide now, so everyone needed to be on guard.

“There aren’t bodies in here are there?” Erelin whispered.

“No.” Patrick said. I am sure the police took them out to prevent any media or people like us to find and make a big deal. I just hope that they did not try to cover up everything and that we can find clues as to who actually set off the warehouse.” Patrick said.

“I thought we already knew that it was…” Erelin said getting cut off.
We were in the main room now and we were hearing noises. Joe and the others were also in here somewhere in the dark along with that vampire so we had to keep quiet. I shushed Erelin as I heard footsteps. There was some light from the moon shining in from the windows busted open and large hole in the outer wall to see some without using the flashlights.

It was not quiet for long, however. Sam had stepped back into someone and screamed. Those with flashlights flicked them on and I held onto Erelin for dear life. She was not getting out of my sight.

“Joe, you nearly gave me a heart attack!” Sam said hitting Joe when she saw it was he.

“Sorry! I could not see anything.” He replied.

“Anyone saw our vampire friend?” Chrissy replied.

“No.” I replied.

“Brendon!” Erelin screamed. I turned to see that the vampire had grabbed Erelin as they were hiding behind some debris ready to strike. She had a dagger in her hand and it was already in front of Erelin’s neck.

“You hurt her and you die!” I yelled.

“Be careful, Brendon.” Joe hollered.

“I want the boy.” The female vampire hissed.

Now, I did not like Ryan. The vampire had Erelin. The logical decision for me would be to hand him over in exchange for Erelin, but I knew I could not do that. Besides, vampires cannot be trusted. She would untie Ryan and who knows what would happen. My bet is that he would take off with Erelin.

“We can do this the hard way or the easy way.” I said clenching my fists.

“You are totally outnumbered.” Chrissy said.

The vampire held onto Erelin with the dagger almost touching her neck. I could see the fear in her eyes and I could hear how fast her heart was beating. I had to do something.

“I said I want the boy! Must I remind you that I have your girlfriend here and I can bite her, slash her throat, or simply kill her from fear?” She said pissed off.

I looked at Patrick who nodded at me. We had to untie Ryan. Then, maybe we had a real fighting chance because either way, Ryan or the vampire were still outnumbered.

“Jenny, untie Ryan.” Patrick ordered.

Jenny untied Ryan who laughed as he walked over to the vampire. The vampire was using her control over him but I noticed she was having a harder time with it when I looked at her eyes. I hoped that meant that Ryan was fighting her hold on him.

“Ryan, my dear, tie up this lovely girl’s hands so I may have a meal on the road. You see, I am not letting her go. She is my ticket out of here. I know you aren’t going to hurt her by coming after me.” The vampire said to us.

“That wasn’t the deal.” I said stepping closer.

“Hey, who has the dagger and your girlfriend? I do.” She said backing away from us and heading towards the entrance of the warehouse avoiding debris.

Ryan had tied Erelin’s hands together. Erelin was trying to talk to Ryan but the vampire only laughed and jerked her hard as she moved by the battered door out of here. I had to find a way to stake her somehow. Time was ticking. I could not let her escape out of here with Erelin.

“Actually, I would like to hold Erelin.” Ryan said with an evil grin and looking right at me. Somehow, I knew that behind the grin there was a hidden agenda.

“We used to date before you came along dear. I could turn her after you turn me.” He replied looking at the girl vampire.

The vampire grinned and then said, “I have taught you well. You are ready to join our side. Then we will show all these humans!” The vampire said tossing Erelin over to Ryan. She had fallen for his trick.

“Now!” Ryan said tossing Erelin over to me and grabbing the vampire once, I had Erelin.

“Help him!” Erelin said standing back as Patrick and I rushed over to where Ryan and the vampire were wrestling on the ground.

Ryan had managed to knock the dagger away but as he went to hold her for us to stake her, she grabbed a piece of concrete from a wall and hit Ryan on the head, knocking him out. Patrick grabbed the vampire as she tried to get up and I grabbed the dagger off the floor and staked her.

Then, I dropped the dagger but as I watched it fall, it landed on something shiny. I reached down to see what it was. There, beside the dagger on the floor was Amanda’s necklace she gave to Colin. I picked it up and put it into my pocket. I then had an eerie feeling. I looked around the room but saw no one. I know that this was not there before by the door out of here. Did Colin not die in the blast and leave it as a clue?

“Brendon, he isn’t responding to me.” Erelin said getting worried.

“He has a nasty head wound. We should take him to the hospital.” Andy said as Chrissy was applying pressure over his wound with her headband she had been wearing.

“We take him but we give an alias name for him just in case. In fact we use fake names and I will block it out of anyone’s minds in that hospital that asks questions.” I replied.

We took Ryan to the hospital and the doctors and nursed wheeled him in to do tests to make sure he did not have any brain damage and such. I think that they were worried that he was still unconscious when we had brought him in. I made sure that no one asked questions but it took a toll on me. I wondered how Pete could do all this work.

“Brendon, are you alright?” Erelin asked as she helped me to sit down.

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?” I smiled.

“I’ m fine. I am just worried about Ryan. I hope he will be all right. He did help save my life.” She said snuggling close to me.

“I am fine too. I just have a slight headache from blocking things out of everyone’s minds so they don’t alarm anyone.” I said.

“So, I guess that this means that Ryan snapped as well. I mean he did care for Erelin and when he saw her in danger he woke up?” Chrissy replied.

“I think so.” Sam said. “That is so romantic saving the one you love, uh, used to love.” She said slouching in her seat as everyone looked at her.

“I found this.” I said pulling the necklace out of my pocket. Then I explained how I found it.

“So you think that Colin may still be alive somehow?” Erelin asked.

“I don’t know.” I replied.

“Yeah, but will he be good and human or bad as a vampire?” Jenny asked.

“You can visit your friend now. He woke up but he does not remember much. Maybe he will smile when he sees his friends.” A nurse said interrupting us.

“Go ahead.” I said nudging Erelin.

“I want you to come with me. I am scared to talk to him right now. He helped to save me, but it is you, that I love. I do not want to hurt his feelings.” She said. “I need some support.” Erelin said flashing me a smile.

“Oh, alright.” I said getting up and following her down to his room.

We walked into his hospital room to find him sitting up watching television. He had a bandage on his head and I imagine some stitches underneath. He looked over at us when we walked into the room.

“Hello.” He said.

“Hi, Ryan.” Erelin said.

“Ryan?” He asked confused. “I thought they told me that my name was George.” He replied.

I looked over at Erelin. She looked confused herself. “They told him his name is George. You know the alias we used for him.” I whispered. “Everyone called him Ryan so we went by his first name you gave me. Remember?” I added.

“Oh, my mistake, George.” Erelin replied laughing but was embarrassed.

“Yeah, we have so many friends that it is hard to keep track.” I said giving Erelin a look.

“Do I know you guys?” He asked.

“Yeah, we…” Erelin began to say before I cut her off.

“We were in a band together.” I said with her elbowing me. “Can you excuse us for a minute?” I said pulling Erelin to the side.

“Yeah, I guess.” He said confused at us.

“What are you doing?” Erelin whispered almost loudly.

“He doesn’t remember anything.” I replied.

“What?” She said. “How could he not remember me?” She asked.

“He has amnesia. Look at his eyes. He doesn’t remember.” I told her.

When the nurse said that he did not remember much, I thought maybe he had blocked out what had happened to him but did not even recognize us. I am glad that he is all right but I need to get him out of this town. I just hope Erelin does not get too upset that I have to do this to keep him safe from vampires. Actually, I am doing this for her.

“Erelin, I have to get him out of here. He needs to be safe.” I said looking in her beautiful eyes.

“Ok, so let’s take him back to our place.” She replied.

“We can’t. I have to send him away like we did your dad.” I replied.

“But he doesn’t remember anything.” She said upset.

“Erelin,” I said placing my hand on her shoulder, “We have to keep him safe from any vampires. He will be safer out of this town.” I said.

“How can I tell him goodbye if he does not remember anything?” Erelin asked about to cry.
I know that this is hard for her. He was her first love and I know she still cares for Ryan. I can make him remember certain things if I concentrate harder. Maybe I can help him to remember only the good things.

“I can try to see if I can make his memories return without the bad stuff. He will not come back after you and he will be safe. He will have his amnesia but he will remember you and you will have had a proper goodbye. It is the least I can do.” I said as she hugged me.

“Thank you.” She said leaning up to kiss me.

“George, may I shake your hand?” I asked as Erelin and I approached his bed.

“I guess so.” He replied extending his hand.

I shook his hand and concentrated hard. I put some thoughts into his head. Then, I told Erelin to say anything and everything she wanted to say to him for a goodbye. I then told him where to go to be safe and not to go out at night ever. He was to go to his place, grab his things, and get out of town when released from the hospital.

I watched Erelin kiss his cheek and then had her walk out of the room. I looked at my rival. I had saved his life by doing this and he had saved Erelin’s so I guess we were even.

“Thank you for saving Erelin.” I said letting go of Ryan’s hand.

“Are you guys leaving already?” Ryan asked.

“Yeah, Erelin is getting tired. It was good to see you again and I hope your head gets better.” I replied seeing how he went back to his amnesic state.

“Thanks.” He replied.

I walked over to the door but I stopped to turn around. I took one last look at Ryan to see him touch his cheek where Erelin kissed and saw him smile. I knew he would be all right and safe from then on.

“Are you sure he will be ok?” Erelin asked as we walked back over to the others.

“Yes. He got the message loud and clear.” I said grabbing Erelin around her waist.

“Let’s head home guys.” Patrick said tired.

“Let’s head home indeed.” I said picking Erelin up who laughed.

“Brendon, put me down. I can walk.” She said laughing still as we walked out to our cars.

“I know.” I replied.

“After all this crap today, I think I need some time in the pool to unwind.” She said.

“May I join you when we get home?” I asked raising an eyebrow up.

“I was hoping you would say that.” She said winking at me.