A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Long Live The Car Crash Hearts

I woke up, wrapped up in a sheet with Pete lying beside me. I turned my head to see his face. He was sleeping soundly with a smile on his face and he had his arm wrapped around me, as if I was his property. I smiled remembering what a chaotic and amazing night we had.

I slowly got up careful not to wake him up and found our clothes. I grabbed my watch that was on the floor to check out the time. It was around seven am. Then I proceeded to get dressed but I put on Pete’s hoodie.

I figured it was too early to call Erelin and I really did not want to go shopping this morning, so I thought I would call in a few hours to give out where Pete and I were. I needed to give everyone time to figure out that we never came home last night. In the meantime, I was in a creative mood.

I went and found some paint supplies and an easel. Since Pete looked so, adorable sleeping I wanted to capture the moment and it was the least I could do. It was not fair that he could never see his reflection again in a mirror or pictures.

I began to paint him and ended up losing track of time. I glanced at my watch to see that it was almost eleven so I quit painting and grabbed some change I had on me for the phone.
Then, I made sure no one suspicious was lurking around when I opened the front door, knowing that my dad would have spies trying to find me, and headed downstairs to go out of the building complex. I left the door unlocked so that I could get back into the building.

I crossed the street and made it to the pay phone. So many cars were out this morning. I put the money in and dialed Erelin’s cell. After about five rings she picked up sounding groggily.

“Hello?” Erelin asked.

“Hey, it’s me. Listen, Pete and I are stranded, at an apartment of one of my professor’s.” I said.

“What! You mean you two didn’t come home last night?” She asked confused.

“No, we were ambushed at the club and had to run to safety. I am at the…” I said before I was cut off.

A serious wreck just occurred in front of me. I saw everything that happened. I hung up the phone to see if anyone was hurt. But when I stepped out of the pay phone booth many people were already running to the scene and I heard too many cop cars and an ambulance on their way from a few streets away. I took off running hoping that the victims would be alright and hiding from anyone that may recognize me.