A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Between The Truth And A Lie

“Well, what do you see?” Pete asked me.

“I see you have a soul and that you weren’t lying about being a vampire. I see that you have been hurt and feel like part of you is missing. I see warm, caring, eyes. And I see eyes filled with revenge. The two things you are struggling with being the revenge and your caring for others are fighting each other. I also see you won’t hurt me and that I should trust you about something.” I said placing my right hand on his left cheek and rubbing my thumb under his eye.

I think it kind of took him aback. I knew he wouldn’t hurt me and I guess he did need my help in some way even though kidnapping is a funny way of needing help. But he had beautiful eyes that showed his emotions. He was conflicted and I wanted to help.

“How do you do that?” Pete asked.

“Do what, read people?” I asked.

“Yes.” He said amazed.

“I don’t know. I always have been able to know how a person feels or if they are lying from their eyes. It’s a gift you could say. My mom passed it down to me I suppose. She could always sense when something bad was about to happen.” I said looking down.

“Pete, you have beautiful eyes. I know that sounds corny probably but you do. I want to help you out. Kidnapping is not the way to get to a girls heart by the way.” I said smiling trying to get a laugh out of him.

“About that, I am sorry.” He said. “Let me re introduce my self since you heard my name at your house. It’s the proper thing to do.” Pete added.

“I’m Pete Wentz. You kneed Brendon earlier, and Patrick and Andy were the ones in your room. Patrick was the short one. You haven’t met Joe yet, who likes your best friend. Jenny is Patrick’s girlfriend who lives here and Chrissy is Andy’s girlfriend who lives here as well.” He said explaining everyone to me.

“I’m Amanda as you already know. So, I want to know everything. Why am I here? And can I see your fangs?” I asked not scared at all anymore.

“You want to see my fangs?” Pete asked shocked.

“I admit learning that there are vampires and that this isn’t a dream takes some getting used to but you and Brendon are the only vampires I have seen. Does that mean there are more of you?” I asked.

“You mean you don’t know?” He asked.

“Know what?” I said in response to his question.
Pete slowly opened his mouth to show me his fangs. I was impressed and thought it was cool. This was such a weird night.

“Ok, I need you to listen and understand alright?” Pete asked.

“I am all ears.” I said sitting closer to Pete. He looked very hot for a vampire.

“About six months ago a mysterious vampire came into our city. He slowly has started to turn everyone into vampires. So far Brendon and I happen to be the only good vampires but I will get to us later. Whoever he doesn’t make into vampires he kills. Haven’t you noticed people disappearing?” Pete asked me.

“Not really. I mean they may have mentioned it on the news and such.” I said.

“Stores have been closing and more people have been out at night than usual. Your night classes from where I have been watching you are empty, right?” Pete continued to ask me questions.

“Yeah, but I assumed it was from people withdrawing from class.” I said. “And why were you watching me again?” I asked him.

“I will get to that. Look, Amanda, I’m trying to tell you this city is being slowly run with vampires. They have the police, hospitals, etc... There are day cops but the night ones are vampires. They aren’t good cops either. He has this town and the ones who are left alive are slowly being picked off. He has them under his spell or something to not figure it out much like I made you not be able to move. My friends and I are vampire hunters. We try to protect people that are left. So far this city isn’t that bad but it’s getting that way. And as I said Brendon and I are the only good vampires we know of.” Pete said.

“Wow. So why am I here and how do you need my help?” I asked.

“I want revenge for what is happening to this town. Mainly, what happened to Brendon and me.” Pete said getting upset.

“So who is this mysterious vampire that started all this?” I asked.

“We don’t know yet. We have friends or contacts who try to get info for us.” Pete said.

“Well if he didn’t make you a vampire, who did?” I asked.

Pete looked away. I knew he was debating on wanting to tell me who it was. I wanted to know. Was my life in jeopardy from this vampire?

“Amanda, it was your father.” Pete said.

“No, you are lying!” I said. “My dad can’t be a vampire! No, I won’t believe it.” I said staring at Pete in total shock.