A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Family Reunion

“Hush little baby don’t say a word,

momma’s gonna by you a mockingbird,

and if that mocking bird won’t sing,

momma’s gonna by you a diamond ring.” I heard a familiar voice say.

The voice sounded just like my mother’s. Was I already dead? There was nothing but an empty void and me in the space.

I went to speak but I felt two things begin to slide out of my mouth as I went to open it. No! I placed my hand over my mouth to feel two sharp, pointy, fangs sticking out of my mouth. I screamed.

I woke up in a panic sweat screaming and checking my mouth. Whew! There were no fangs. It was just a dream for now.

I looked around me to find myself in a jail cell. There appeared to be no one else in this section of the jail for all was quiet. If my dad wanted me, why keep me here in a cell. Why not kill me and get it over with?

I got up off the cot and walked to the bars searching for the door. The cell door was locked, as I thought it would be. Was my dad trying to drive me insane before I die? I hollered for anyone but heard nothing. I did not even hear a peep from any of the guards who I would have thought were watching me.

I sighed and sat down on the cot. I am in big trouble. I do not want to die and I do not want to be turned into a vampire. How do I get out of this predicament?

I laid back down on the cot and began to think of ways to escape. Maybe I could rush the guards and try to escape. I had to do something. I would pick the lock but I had nothing to pick it with.

I finally closed my eyes and thought of Pete. I was scared of what was going to happen to me. Maybe by now, Pete could feel I am awake and scared, and focus in on where I was. I hope that Erelin and the gang came to get him.

“Pete.” I said in my thoughts. There was nothing.

“Pete.” I said again. “I need you. I am in big trouble if you haven’t already guessed.” I added.

“Amanda? Where are you?” Pete said in my thoughts. It worked.

“Pete!” I said all happy in my thoughts. “I am in a jail cell somewhere in one of the jails. I am scared. I was grabbed and knocked unconscious, only to wake up here. There is no one around to check on me and the cell door is locked.” I replied.

“I can focus in on where you are now. Try not to worry and be on guard. Erelin, Brendon, and Patrick have me now. I was so worried when you never showed and I felt a bad feeling.

I could not reach you.” He said.

“Someone is coming, Pete. I have to go.” I said breaking our connection.

I heard footsteps coming from down the hall. The cell that I was in looked old. This jail must be one of the older jails that I held prisoner in. Where were all of the criminals that belonged in a jail or other victims such as me? Surely they have not all been turned, yet.

“You tell my dad I am not going to wait any longer! You take me to him! I do not want to play his games. If he wants to turn me he will get a fight but I will not be kept waiting!” I yelled.

The footsteps crept closer and still not a sound from my captors’ mouths. Did they want me to be paranoid? I looked at my watch. It was almost eight p.m. The sedative that they injected me with had knocked me out for almost eight hours.

Finally, the footsteps stopped. I looked out through the bars and still saw no one. Ok, this was making me angry.

“Did you not hear me? I said take me to my father!” I screamed.

Then, before I could yell anything else, I jumped. It happened quickly. There were no people I could see a minute ago to there being three goons standing in front of my cell now.
They stared at me as I was about to give them another piece of my mind. I glanced down to the arm where I was poisoned, as I would like to call it, and saw a bruise where I was forcefully injected. Then, I heard a voice telling the goons to stand aside. I heard the same voice from my nightmare.

It cannot be! She died in a car crash. Standing in front of me now, was my mother and I don’t think that she was alive.

“Mom?” I asked backing away in shock from seeing her as she looked a year ago.

“Hi, honey.” She said unlocking the door to my cell.

“This cannot be real. You are supposed to be dead! You died in a car accident.” I said running over to the cot and flipping it up in front of me for some sort of protection.

“Well, about that, you see, I’m not totally dead yet. Let’s just say that I have a score to settle involving you.” She said flashing her fangs.