A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Time For A Little Mother/Daughter Talk

I was led into an office of the old jail where I was being held against my will. I saw my mom sitting at a desk. The guards left and shut the door behind me as my mother nodded to them. She could not face me in front of my friends.

“Please, have a seat. What can I do for you? I brought you food.” My mother said.

“I want to go home. I want my friends released as well. Besides, there is only one cot in the cell. How do you think everyone is going to sleep, if you plan to keep us there for who knows how long?” I asked as she pointed for me to sit in the chair across from her and her desk.

“Ha! You do not have a home. If you go back there, your father will get a hold of you.” She said snickering.

“I have a home. It is with my friends where I have been staying the past few weeks.” I replied.

“I can release your friends Erelin and Patrick. But I will not release the two vampires.” My mother said.

“So, what then? Do you plan to kill them? Yeah, that will when me over.” I said rolling my eyes.

“No, I won’t harm them because of you, but I don’t want them in my way.” She said as I watched her sip some blood out of a coffee mug.

“I will not leave Pete. You are only doing this because of us being together. That isn’t fair!” I yelled.

“He is a vampire, Amanda. What can he offer you? Do you want to become like me?” She asked raising her voice.

“No. I do not ever want to become a vampire, but you have it wrong. Pete will never harm nor turn me.” I said.

“You don’t know that. We vampires can snap at any moment even if we are good. All it takes is for us to let our guard down one time and we can lose it.” Mom said.

“I do know he will never hurt me. I see it in his eyes. I thought I got it from you but I guess I was wrong. I have always been able to read people, mom. You should have remembered that. Pete is good. He will never turn me even if it is to be with him forever. He knows how I feel about this and he understands.” I said pleading my case.

“What if your life was in danger? What if you were dying and the only way to save you was to turn you, what then?” She pressed.

“Then I would deal with it at that moment but as of right now he knows I do not want to be turned. In addition, there is no guarantee that I would be a good vampire. He also knows he would have to kill me if I was bad. I do not want to do that to him or any of my friends.” I said.

“So you think that you have this all figured out, don’t you?” My mother said.

“Look, mom, I know you want what is best for me but honestly, I have been getting by just fine after your supposed death. I accepted you were dead after awhile and moved on. I might be a bit more understanding to you had you came to me yourself and told me that you were alive as a vampire.” I said getting frustrated.

“Do you really want to know what happened?” She asked sitting back in her chair.

“Yes, I do. I want my mother back and I promise you cannot upset me any more then I already have been. The only way I will cooperate with you is for you to tell me everything and let me and all my friends go.” I said staring at her and not backing down from how I feel.

“Well then, I will tell you. You are not going to like what you are going to hear.” Mom said.