A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

CrushCrushCrush

(Pete’s POV)
“She’s been in there for over an hour now. How much bonding and time does she need to get us out of here?” Brendon asked.

“I don’t know. Brendon she has not been able to see or speak to her mother for a year. Her mom died in a car crash supposedly and now for her to see her mother as a vampire it is kind of a shock, don’t you think? Pete, please stop pacing. You are making me nervous.” Erelin said.

“I’m sorry but I am worried. She has been in there awhile. I have to agree with Brendon on this.” I said.

“Guys, I can call Jenny and the others back now if you would like. I am sure she is getting worried too and thinking of a way to bust us out by now.” Patrick asked.

“Let’s not do anything rash right now. Amanda’s mother still has Amanda with her.” I said not liking the situation.

“You don’t think she turned her do you?” Brendon said not thinking.

“Brendon Boyd Urie!” Erelin yelled elbowing him in the ribs on his right side.

“Hey, I was just stating a possible fact.” Brendon said rubbing his ribs.

“No, at least I hope not. Shh! I hear voices.” I said pointing to the hall in front of our cell.

“The boss would like to see Pete.” A guard said.

“Where’s Amanda?” I said with fists clinched.

“Take it easy there. She is all right. Amanda is waiting in the boss’ quarters for you. The boss would like to speak to you.” The other guard said.

“Pete, are you sure it is a good idea for you to go?” Patrick asked.

“Yes.” I said nodding my head. I hope it was good news I was going to hear.
About the time I stepped out of the cell, Patrick’s cell phone went off.

“Crap!” He said turning and reaching into his pants pocket to shut it off.

“What was that?” One of the guards said.

“It was us singing. Wasn’t it honey?” Erelin said with her elbow raised back towards Brendon if he did not get the hint but he saw.

“Yeah, uh, that was us.” He replied looking nervous and confused.

“Nothing compares to a quiet evening alone.” Erelin began staring at Brendon.

“Just the one two of us who’s counting on that never happens.” Brendon added.

“I guess I’m dreaming again, let’s be more than this now.” They both sang causing me to laugh and Patrick’s face try not to crack up.

“Uh, ok, then. Move along.” One guard said with me mouthing thank you to Erelin and Brendon as I walked by on the opposite side of the bars.

I know that was an impatient Jenny wanting to bust us out of here calling Patrick. Not that I am not grateful to have friends like Jenny, but I need to find out if Amanda is ok and what her mother wants from me first. Nothing matters to me more then Amanda’s safety and well-being.

As we made it to the door of the room Amanda and her mother were in, I had a funny feeling wash over me. I have to admit that I may not know much about Amanda’s mom but I do not like her. She is a vampire and I do not trust her. No vampire can be trusted. I only trust Brendon, which is the exception of course and he trusts me.

“Boss, here is the Pete fellow you wanted to see.” A guard said motioning for me to step inside an office it looked like of this jail.

“Pete!” Amanda said running to my arms.

I grabbed her and held her tight to me. I also examined her neck for any bite marks but found none. Amanda had not been turned, thank goodness. Why do I listen to Brendon and get myself all worked up for?

“Pete, mom needs to talk to you about some things then we can all go home, right mother?” Amanda asked glaring at her mother.

“Yes. You can all go home but you have to promise me that we will all work together on bringing your father down, Amanda.” Her mother said looking at her.

“Pete, do you think we can cooperate when need be?” Amanda asked pleading for me to do this.

“What’s in this for you? You don’t plan to use Amanda as bait now do you, because let me tell you…” I started to say.

“I would never let her become a vampire and I would never use her, unlike what you wanted to do with my daughter.” Amanda’s mother said flashing her fangs letting us know that she was still in charge here and cutting me off.

“Then, if it means that my friends and I can go with Amanda out of here then yes we will cooperate on one condition.” I replied.

“Oh, and what would that be?” Her mom replied.

“That you do not interfere with Amanda and me. We call you if we have any info and you call us with any. I don’t want to be spied on and if Amanda wants to have contact with you then I suggest she has one of her friends along with her.” I said coolly.

“Very well. Amanda, I need to talk to Pete alone. The guards will escort you back and then you all will be free to leave.” Amanda’s mother replied.

“Thank you, mom.” Amanda said letting go of my hand and walking towards her mother to give her a hug.

When she was done, she approached me and hugged me. Then I watched her walk out the door. Now it was just Amanda’s mom and me. I was curious to hear what she had to say, knowing I would not like it one bit.