A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Ready To Go Home

“Mom, meet Andy and Chrissy. They also came to rescue me.” I said walking over to them as they looked confused as to why I just called a vampire mom.

“Well, maybe I underestimated your friends. You certainly have enough people who care about you.” My mother said.

“So does this mean we won’t be sent to our death?” Chrissy asked with Erelin chuckling behind me.

“No. You all may go. I am sure Amanda will fill you in on everything. Just remember, Amanda that we will keep in touch.” Mother said as I walked everyone but Pete who my mother had one last thing to tell him, out the door.

“You had better explain things. I thought that Chrissy and I were goners.” Andy said.

“Oh, we will.” I said laughing.

As I stood in the hall, I heard a voice yell my name. I turned around to see it was Sisky. He looked hurt and confused at what had happened. Erelin shot me a dirty look as she held Brendon’s hand; a look that screamed we are going to talk about this later.

“Amanda, what happened?” He said as he caught up to me.

I pulled him aside from the group who stared at me as if I was a traitor and apologized. “I am so sorry. My friends came to rescue me and my other friends and well, they thought you guys, were the bad guys. You have to forgive them. Mom is letting us all go now. I am just waiting on my boyfriend, Pete.” I said not sure why I was telling him this. Was I trying to make him jealous or just inform him so that he does not get any wrong idea?

“Oh. It is nice to meet you guys even though you knocked me out.” Sisky said extending out his hand.

“I don’t trust other vampires, only my best friend, Pete.” Brendon said turning away.

“Brendon, that was rude.” I said.

Everyone else shook his hand even Erelin, who I could tell was dying on the inside but she did it for me. I knew we were going to have a talk at one point or another when we get home. I was getting antsy. What could Pete and my mother have left to talk about?

I stepped closer to the door and heard my mother tell Pete, “Just remember what I said earlier, Pete.” “If you do find the one who started this mess and kill him, then you will die as all vampires will. Do not get yourself too attached to my daughter. I do not want her to have to lose someone else she cares about deeply. “Mom added leaving me wonder what all had been said earlier while I was not in this room.

“Ahem.” I said standing in front of the door now, ready to go home. My home was with Pete.

“Ah, Amanda, dear, you are free to go.” Mom said walking over to me to hug me.

I could not help but notice Pete’s face, and how uncomfortable, he looked. Did my mom get to him? Did she tell him to stay away from me?

The guards escorted us back to the van where Joe and Sam were. Joe and Sam looked confused at what was happening as we had piled into the van. They also looked like they were too busy making out instead of caring to know if Jenny had rescued us. Chrissy and Andy made sure to give them grief on the way home, as they were the only ones in our group who were not captured.

As for me, I sat back in my seat, staring out the window. My mind was racing. I surprisingly had Sisky in my thoughts and if I will ever see him again. I also drifted back to what I overheard mom tell Pete.

I turned to look at Pete, whose gaze avoided mine. What was happening here? Was my relationship with Pete slowly falling apart? Was I stupid to sleep with him last night? Maybe a goodnights sleep is in order to help clear my head that is, provided I can get some sleep. What am I to do? I just wish Pete would say something right now.