A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Trying To Find My Place

The ride home in the van was noisy. Patrick and Erelin were filling in Jenny, Chrissy, Sam, Andy, and Joe on everything that had happened and who my mother was. All I could do was sit in silence and stare out the window. Pete never said a word to me although I did hear him whisper to Brendon every now and then.

When we arrived home, I knew that everyone wanted to talk to me some but they thought it was best to let me try to be alone and sleep for the night. I greatly appreciated that. I ran upstairs before Erelin or Pete could grab me and went up to my room.

I felt dirty and wanted a shower to make me feel better. I laid out my pajamas on the bed and headed into the bathroom. I turned on the shower and let the water run for a bit. I climbed in and sat against the wall just thinking.

I thought about all that had happened in the last two days. I almost lost my life last night at the club, which led to Pete rescuing me and us hiding out in my professor’s apartment. The things we said last night to each other echoed in my head.

I had told Pete I loved him. He told me he loved me too, earlier tonight. I felt that we had that connection last night. I am confused though. Maybe what we shared last night was only the fact that we both were caught in a moment. We both thought that we were going to be killed.

Maybe sleeping with Pete was a bad mistake on my part. Yet, I cannot shake the feelings I felt when we had sex last night. I was ready and I wanted to. I am finally over the whole Colin situation I was in and was ready to move on with Pete. I feel so strongly to him and it is not because he bit me.

I would hope he feels the same about me but now I am just so confused. He talked to me when he was thrown into the cell with me but maybe it was just to calm me down because now he has not spoken one word to me since we left the jailhouse. I think my mom might have something to do with this.

How dare she interfere with my love life or life at all? I want to be with Pete but I think somehow she may have convinced him to back away from our relationship or whatever it is we have. How can I live here now, knowing that I love Pete but cannot be with him if this is the case? I cannot just turn my feelings off to him, as he may be able to do for me.

I know the risks in seeing Pete. Honestly, I do not care. He has already bit me and I know he would never do it again. I trust Pete, which is more then I can say for my own mother now, even though I am glad she is back. I do not want to be turned, yet secretly; I think a part of me wants to be turned by Pete if something should ever happen to me.

Then there is Sisky. He is cute, and sweet. He is also a vampire. I started to feel something for him today too. Why do I attract the idiots and vampires to my life? I know it was just a minor crush. Nothing will happen with him. Besides, I love Pete. Even if I did date or whatever with Sisky, mother would try to have her say in that too and break us up as she is trying to do with Pete.

I finished my shower and wrapped a towel over me. Then, I wrapped my hair in a towel. I walked over to the foggy mirror and wiped it off. Looking at the mirror and seeing my reflection, I wondered who I really was.

Gone are all the carefree days I used to have. Now, all I seem to have is worry lines from knowing if my friends will be safe or if I can defeat my dad when the time comes. I am a much different person then say, a week ago. I know too much now and I am in way, too deep to ever back out or run away from now.

I took my hair out of the towel once it was not as too wet, and fixed it so that it would dry straight and walked out of the bathroom. My jaw dropped. Sitting on my bed, was Pete. He looked worried about something, which in turn made me start to worry. Was he here to break it off with me? Was he here to tell me that last night was a mistake?