A Vampire's Kiss and Touch of Revenge

Eavesdropping Can Lead To Trouble

“I can explain.” Brendon said hopping up off the bed leaving Erelin disappointed.

“There had better be an explanation. Because we all know I gave this to Colin before he died.” I said shocked that Brendon had it?

“I was going to tell you later about it. I don’t know if Erelin had filled you in on what happened with us at the warehouse the other night or not.” He began.

“No. She just told me briefly about what happened with Ryan.” I said looking over at Erelin.

“Well, after we defeated the vamp that had Ryan under her spell, and did some snooping around, I found this. It was like one minute it was not there and then the next it was. I was working on killing the vampire that bit Ryan. The warehouse door was intact that led in and out of the warehouse and there was nothing around the door or on the ground. Eventually, the vampire and I made our way over by the door and I had stabbed her in the heart with a dagger, killing her. I dropped the dagger and that is when I noticed as I looked down the necklace laying there covered in dirt and such.” Brendon finished.

“Amanda, we didn’t find any clues that he was alive. There is no way he survived the explosion and I am sure your father had any bodies removed when the police had showed up after the blast to begin with.” Brendon said holding me as I felt like I was going to collapse.

“I do know that I felt something in the warehouse but only briefly while we were there. It did not feel human and it did not feel like a vampire. Whatever it was, it was an eerie feeling I had.” Brendon continued.

“Thanks.” I said holding back tears and pocketing the necklace in my pants pocket.

I turned and left Brendon’s room. Then, I went into my room and shut the door. My mind kept thinking about the necklace. Could Colin have survived? If he did, was he turned? I feel like this is a clue he left for me but there are so many questions.

I took off what shirt I was wearing and grabbed a black tank top. It was too hot outside and I was getting hot inside the house. I pulled my hair up into a ponytail and decided not to worry about Colin for the moment. I had to fix things between Pete and me.

I came out of my room to hear the gang start to trickle in. Pete was downstairs greeting everyone. I overheard him ask them if they wanted to patrol. Jenny and Patrick declined saying that they wanted to be left alone tonight. Chrissy and Andy were up for it.

I listened closely where they could not see me eavesdropping on their conversation. Pete told Chrissy that he wanted her and Andy to be bait and make out in the car to set a trap in a hot spot that teenagers like to visit. He, Brendon, and Joe would all be ready hiding and waiting for the vampires to show up as Sam and Erelin waited in the other car as backup.

Where did that leave me? I did not want to be left here with Jenny and Patrick wanting to be alone. My father and everyone else may be after me but I do not need a babysitter. I want to come too.

I heard Pete start to come upstairs so I quickly bolted to the study. I was going to have to have a talk with Pete about more then one thing I see. I did not have to wait long, however, because in walked Pete. Damn! He caught me eavesdropping.